Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Malkav

French Madman
There is absolutely no reasons not to do all POI and sidequests as you do. They even often goes hand in hand (sidequest objective smack in the middle of a POI, just clean both at the same time).

And take every bounty you come accross in towns. Don't focus on them, just take them, you'll complete them by just playing the game (kill X Athenians, Y Spartans and so on) and they are great XP.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
There is absolutely no reasons not to do all POI and sidequests as you do. They even often goes hand in hand (sidequest objective smack in the middle of a POI, just clean both at the same time).

And take every bounty you come accross in towns. Don't focus on them, just take them, you'll complete them by just playing the game (kill X Athenians, Y Spartans and so on) and they are great XP.

They all have timers. (At least from what I can tell) So that last part can be null and void. Dailies and weekly's correct?

I know that when I had the "Go take out 10 bandit camps" quest, it expired on me as I was finishing it up. And some of the quests I saw yesterday were expired and I couldn't even take them, and they didn't refresh. What am I missing there? Without timers I would be fine with grabbing all of them and just playing and turning in stuff as I did them, but I had 17 hours (Offline and online I believe but I haven't tested that yet) to complete them all and there wasn't going to be a way to do that.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Fair enough. As I said it doesn't bother me, and actually I don't see it at all because it is how I approach all open world games. I mean I'm 14 levels above the main story requirement right now. :)

Wish I was :)

Well, without having to purchase a 50% perm leveling bonus on my character.

Did you get the Vanilla 59.99 version? Any other version comes with a 50% money/XP bonus for the entirety of the character without a time limit.

Malkav

French Madman
They all have timers. (At least from what I can tell) So that last part can be null and void. Dailies and weekly's correct?

I know that when I had the "Go take out 10 bandit camps" quest, it expired on me as I was finishing it up. And some of the quests I saw yesterday were expired and I couldn't even take them, and they didn't refresh. What am I missing there? Without timers I would be fine with grabbing all of them and just playing and turning in stuff as I did them, but I had 17 hours (Offline and online I believe but I haven't tested that yet) to complete them all and there wasn't going to be a way to do that.

That's weird, first time I got in Megaris, the board had like 10 bounties and of those only 2 or 3 were timed. Remaining were not.

Did you get the Vanilla 59.99 version? Any other version comes with a 50% money/XP bonus for the entirety of the character without a time limit.

No edition comes with a permanent XP boost.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

I wouldn't bother too much with completing the Bounties, like Malkav Malkav said you'll complete most of them as you go along, and don't worry if they expire, I had a bunch of them expire too.

Bounties aren't exactly dailies, I mean you will get more appear with the same objectives "kill a mercenary" or "kill a spartan" or "kill 5 sharks" but the quest giver is different each time and the reason to kill those target is different. I'm not sure if the exact same quest text and objective will reappear or not but so far I haven't seen any.

So don't worry about them that much, pick them up and complete them if you can, and let them expire if not. I don't worry about them much, I tend to complete the ones I have left when I am about to leave a region, and don't pick up new ones at this point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

I got the middle version that included the DLC, didn't get the big one.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's weird, first time I got in Megaris, the board had like 10 bounties and of those only 2 or 3 were timed. Remaining were not.

No edition comes with a permanent XP boost.

I'll check again. I could have sworn the Deluxe, Gold digital and Ultimate digital came with the boosts. Yep looks like the Temp boosts not perm)

Did some checking and looked like there is a bug right now where expired bounties are not refreshing. So yesterday my entire list aside from 2-3 of them said expired, and the rest were timed.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I got the middle version that included the DLC, didn't get the big one.

Oh ok. So you also get AC3 remastered for free when it comes out along with Liberation FYI in case you didn't know.

Was more seeing if you had a perm XP boost along with that edition but it looks like any boosts were temporary.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I agree with you Utnayan Utnayan on the mythology and abstergo points. Abstergo and modern day was a blast with Desmond but now it’s pure garbage which feels forced but thankfully it’s few and far between. I got right back into my Abstergo chair after that corny doctor was blabbing about checking my emails. No achievements no emails slut!

DLC should be awesome.

I got the big dick Ultimate and it had boosters and purple gear which was nice early on at lvl 5 but outside cosmetics for crew and horse you could just stick with gold.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Looks like it all scales automatically (no option to turn it off) so even if you level faster you won’t blow through story content.

Played four hours tonight and basically hit an island and did everything there. My message board quests are still expired. :( Just got to Athens and one of the main quests I have to be 17. I only gained two levels in four hours playing through all the side missions, an island battle, doing some bounties, and went from 13 to 15 almost 16. Ready to go to the main quest again and 2 of those are 15 and one 17. Come on. Lol

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha they nerfed arrow creation. 1 piece of wood now makes 1 arrow instead of 2 arrows.

DAMN MT's!!!!!!!!! :p

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So looks like level scaling is not going to be an option. Obviously until they sell shit on their fucking MT store... Because they pulled this same shit with Origins. And it magically became an option.

Played 4.5 hours - gained 2.5 levels and did an entire fucking island just to get to the main quests, and of which there are three parts, two level 15 and 1 level 17....

They are DEFINITELY playing fucking trickery with resources and level scaling to find the right buttons to push. Last night when I hit Athens and saw the level gap within the same fucking quest segment...

Well, glad I didn't give these fuckers any money and gamefly'd it. I'll still play but if it gets any more grindy than it already is, something needs to be called out on their business practices. The shady shit they are trying to balance here (And failing at) is ridiculous and needs to be known to the masses.

It was fine before because it never effected gameplay. Now it's starting to feel like an Asian MMO to guide people to the store, at least for leveling. I wouldn't be surprised if they balanced the game for 50% more experience, yanked it out, and then threw it on the store to sell it fucking right back.

Pieces of shit.

And the whole point of leveling in these games is to be more powerful and you can go back to other areas of the game and demolish them. That's half the fucking fun of leveling in the first place.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Went from 37 to 40 in Korinthia last night, finished the main story there, but still have a section of the map left to do to fully explore everything.

The part of the main story I am on is just after Athens which sends you to 3 places, Keos, Argolis and Korinthia. Korinthia was the last one I did.

I'm at 56 hours, 45% Total Progression, and 42% World Discovered. Pretty sure at this point I'll hit level 50 and be at around 60% completion.

There is no issue with XP, ressources or anything unless you purposely ignore everything to just do the main story.

Utnayan Utnayan , I honestly have no idea why you're having so many issues with the levels. I am 17 level above the main story level requirement now, so there is plenty of leeway to not be as much a completist as I am and still be within the level range of the main story.

I must have done 15-20 side quest and bounties last night in Korinthia. There was literally one every 250 meters. I was exploring and completing something everything 5-10 minutes.

The end of the main story in Korinthia had an awesome scene, depending on your choice I guess though. I'm really liking the story so far.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just get overpower bow attack and one shot entire groups Ut lol

I can't believe that didnt get nerfed

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I do t know what you are smoking, but I don’t define playing unique side quests with cutscenes as grinding.

You must be terrible at this game or just don’t like actually playing it.

What’s the point of gaming if your just going to rush through to get a gold star at the end no one cares about.

I am way over leveled just playing and having fun.

In short, if your underleveled you are doing it wrong

• 1Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
There is no issue with XP, ressources or anything unless you purposely ignore everything to just do the main story..

So let me ask you this then, is it normal to play for 4 and a half hours doing side quests, bounties, exploration, pirate attacks, etc - and I go from 13.3 to 15.8?

The biggest issue aside from that is the pacing. By the time I am getting back to the main story, I am forgetting what is happening in the first place. This will be 6 hours of side questing and activities to get back to the main quest line... How is that not broken? It isn't I mind doing some of the side quests. Some are pretty good, but I * DO * want to get back to the main quest line.

How about this Nester Nester , how about a company makes a game and let's the player play how the hell they want to play? If I want to steam through a main story, why not? If I want to fuck around tying up hookers to train tracks for 5 hours in RDR, I can do that too? It isn't up to the developer to decide how we play through their content. They make it available, and we play what the fuck we want to play.

I have always been a story gamer. While some of the side quests are good, there is going to be a point where I want to go back to the main quest line with Alexio being front and center so I can continue that story arc. And if I want to do that today, tomorrow, right now, or last fucking night (Which I really wanted to do) I should not have to be forced to wade through shit I DO NOT WANT TO DO in that particular day or gaming session because you can't understand why I do not want to spend Tuesday night fucking around with the Daggers side quest instead of tackling main story components.

Oh and don't forget, I am that target gamer for that Perm XP Boost. The gamer that wants to play their own way. And they are charging additional for that "right".

I played through Origins and that wasn't even half as bad with leveling.

I'm really liking the story so far.

So do I :) That's why I want to get back to it without having to spend 5 hours getting back to what I am interested in. That doesn't mean tonight I may not want to say screw the main story, I'll head off to this island and see what's up over there, because that could happen just as easily as me wanting to only do the main story last night... The pieces are all there. Tons of content, a lot of it copy pasted in normal Ubi fashion, and they at least have some better side quests this time around... But let people play how they want to play.

And they would - if they weren't trying to drive everyone back to their MT system so you can buy the right to have that privledge given back to you.

Last edited:

Nester

Vyemm Raider
/shrug

When you rush you miss out. Not sure what to tell you. Clearly this game is not for you

Pretty week arguments to say you “forget the main story” which sums up my opinion on your rant.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
/shrug

When you rush you miss out. Not sure what to tell you. Clearly this game is not for you

So you are using a smell the roses argument to defend an MT system designed to let one play the way one may want to play that doesn't agree with how you view it.

Gotchya.

How about this: Ubisoft stops trying to hamstring in their bullshit pay system to "grant" me back the options I have with every other game on launch, I come here and you tell a story about an awesome side quest or some activities, say, Hey Nester Nester that sounds like something I am going to try, and go do it? Not this gated open world system (Where miracously the system will be optioned like it was with Origins when MT purchases fall off the radar in 2-3 months) where you have limited choice to just play through a main story line if one wants - or outlevel an area by design so you can come back more powerful and kick ass all over the island.

The sad thing is this is the way it WILL be in 2-3 months when MT sales run dry, and that MT system is the only reason why it is the way now.