Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Greece)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Started this recently, was afraid about this abstergo bullshit they keep trying to hammer in in all their ac games. So far 5 hours in and ive yet to see the 2 bitches hooking in matrix style at the beginning. Am glad and hoping it stays that way.

It isn’t that bad actually. Which is good. And yeah Alexios is one of the best AC characters ever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
Started this recently, was afraid about this abstergo bullshit they keep trying to hammer in in all their ac games. So far 5 hours in and ive yet to see the 2 bitches hooking in matrix style at the beginning. Am glad and hoping it stays that way.

There's SOME "real world" bits but they're relatively short, and not as many as past games. They also serve the story really well unlike most previous games tbh

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

im at chapter 4 (i think there are around 7 or 8?) and nearly 60 hours /played so far and there has been a single short 20 min abstergo sequence that mostly involved me reading emails. so yeah, they have definitely shrunk down that part of the game massively, it honestly wouldn't even make any sense to someone who comes into Odyssey as their first game anyways.

Still loving the game, mostly just wandering the absolutely massive world. The side quests tend to be repetitive and bland, the main quests though are really good and for a few hours a week its an absolutely fantastic game to play.

One tip, buy the Bighorn Bow from the shop (its like 150 helix credits, you should have that much just free with the game) its bugged and increases your offhand weapon damage massively for some reason. Put a nice sword in that slot (left) and use it most of the time for a nice little damage boost. Its "only" a blue but I upgrade it every 10 levels or so.

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is more fun than I expected. I bought it on sale on Epic Store, just wanted some relaxing Corona-time on the couch (playing on PC with Steam Link to my TV). It might feel repetitive later, but after 15ish hours I'm having a blast.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This game is more fun than I expected. I bought it on sale on Epic Store, just wanted some relaxing Corona-time on the couch (playing on PC with Steam Link to my TV). It might feel repetitive later, but after 15ish hours I'm having a blast.
It does get a bit repetitive especially taking down forts, but most of the quest lines are actually pretty engaging.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Alexios is hilarious. By far my favorite character in the series.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gonna have to drop this, i got zero interest in their side quests which keeps me way under lvl to do the main odysseys quests. At lvl 12 yet my main quests are 17+. Kinda shit setup compared to witcher 3 where i could just focus on main storyline.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Gonna have to drop this, i got zero interest in their side quests which keeps me way under lvl to do the main odysseys quests. At lvl 12 yet my main quests are 17+. Kinda shit setup compared to witcher 3 where i could just focus on main storyline.

You can get around this by lowering difficulty leveling scale to -4 called "Light" and continue on with the main questing. Give that a shot.

Gameplay > Level scaling > Light

And yeah they did this to sell the XP 50% bonus :( But later patched in the light setting.

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah thanks will try that. At least in witcher the sidequests had some interesting bits. The few i saw in odyssey are all fuckin fetch quests. In a mmo setting i can undersrand the grind but in single player, thats such lazy design.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ah thanks will try that. At least in witcher the sidequests had some interesting bits. The few i saw in odyssey are all fuckin fetch quests. In a mmo setting i can undersrand the grind but in single player, thats such lazy design.

Yeah the initial side quests are not that good. They do tend to get better mid game (Around level 25) with some humor. Nothing tops Witcher 3 stuff tho.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The beginning ones are weak. But there’s some really good ones later on. There’s definitely a group of fetch type of quests as well as some real full on side stories. I’d do what you are doing and do the main story, and then just look up what the best side stories are and do them

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

You can skip the sidequests from the quest board and the other random quest givers, though you might want to grab the contracts and let them complete as play the main quests. Just open the map from time to time and see if there are any nearby quest givers with the gold icons. They are usually the ones worth doing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The Lost Greece quests are some of the best in the game too so if you can get to those, that will get you a couple levels easy. :) Rombo Rombo definitely don’t quit until you at least get to play through those. There was one in there I won’t spoil that had me laughing out loud for an hour straight.

Last edited:

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I quit this again. I dont like the bounty hunter system at all. Feels really annoying getting hunted after I kill something.

It's the first Assassin Creed game I can't get into for some reason. I think that I'm behind in levels is also putting me off. Saw in a post earlier you could lower difficulty to get around that though.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I quit this again. I dont like the bounty hunter system at all. Feels really annoying getting hunted after I kill something.

It's the first Assassin Creed game I can't get into for some reason. I think that I'm behind in levels is also putting me off. Saw in a post earlier you could lower difficulty to get around that though.
Just pay the bounty in the menu. But I agree it’s kinda stupid in some cases, why do I get a bounty out on me if I assassinate someone and then immediately kill the only other person that saw?

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

I never liked AC before this, but I really like it now. That's probably annoying as shit for old school ac fans.

Anyways, the bounty system is kind of fun up until it becomes predictable, which is almost immedietly. I'm hoping they take some inspiration from Shadow of Mordor for the new AC:Ragnarok one.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I really like the bounty hunters. It adds that kind of GTA-like cost to causing havok even if it's a bit of a nuisance.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyways, the bounty system is kind of fun up until it becomes predictable, which is almost immedietly. I'm hoping they take some inspiration from Shadow of Mordor for the new AC:Ragnarok one.
I'd love nothing more than for AC:Ragnarok to copy Shadows of War's randomized NPC system. They did it kind of half-hearted in AC:Odyssey, but Shadows of War put soooo much emphasis and budget on it that it'd be hard to replicate. Really the entire combat system in SoW was built around the strengths, weaknesses and abilities of the randomized orcs. You just can't repeat that by having some NPCs have fire and others have poison or whatever.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Managed to push some lvls to keep doing the main quest. Now my new problem is : i got zero interest in the main quest lmao. Searching clues across greece to find my mom. What a snooze fest. Thinking of installing shadow of mordor that was mentioned earlier. Kept delaying my first playtrough in favor of this ac.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Rombo said:

Managed to push some lvls to keep doing the main quest. Now my new problem is : i got zero interest in the main quest lmao. Searching clues across greece to find my mom. What a snooze fest. Thinking of installing shadow of mordor that was mentioned earlier. Kept delaying my first playtrough in favor of this ac.

To drastically reduce the grind, I used cheat engine to get through it, during the free 5 day promo on steam. You can set up an XP bonus to whatever you want, to keep you caught up with the main quests. The only side quests I did after the first island were hunting the cult and the Huntress quest lines (where you kill 5 (?) beast bosses). I also turned off the material grind, so I could upgrade my shit without spending hours on tedious ship combat collecting wood...

That said, the story was ok, in the end, but I never cared for the lore in the AC games (only played AC 1 & 2, before this one). The stealth gameplay is fun, for a time, and the historical world they built was top notch, so the buffs from cheat engine allowed me to experience that, without getting burnt out from grinding the same thing over and over (yet another fort to take, the same way as the last, etc.).

Direct links to the AC cheat engine table and the main program threads, on their forum: