Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was also considering waiting and getting it with the One X, but my receiver isn’t HDCP 2.2 or whatevs. But I’d really only need one that does R,L,C since I don’t have the space or motivation to go 5.1 or 7.1 or Atmos in this space. But that means more $$ and still no idea how much this divorce is going to cost me.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'd try this but holy shit I hate uplay so much, havn't played an ubisoft game since I think farcry 3 because of it.

Wish companies would look at battlenet for inspiration if they wanted to make their own non-steam launcher.

spronk

FPS noob
the divorce will cost you everything, may as well buy whatever TV and shit now since you won't have any money left

i may be wrong but HDCP is only for playing movies and stuff, not for video games. I don't think you need to worry about it. I'm gonna wait for my X as well to play Origins, hopefully in the 10 days between now and there they fix some of the bugs. I also assume the PC version is buggier than the console, which may be a bad assumption but has generally been true for Ubi games - in fact, they have delayed PC releases historically so kinda weird they are simul-shipping this one.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but if I want to use the One X as my 4K player it’ll still be important. Ah, we’ll see.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah only need HDCP 2.2 for 4k movies otherwise it will throw it back to 1080p. Games do not need HDCP 2.2 thankfully.

With that said, you can also run the Xbox One X to the TV, and use ARC to get it back to the receiver. If your receiver supports Audio Return Channel.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Haha awesome I’m getting this via GameFly. It actually shipped. Woot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Anyone playing? Opinions? The game really interests me but I'm concerned it will follow the same formula as the rest, which is fun for while but quickly wears thin.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I’ll be back Sunday night. I will have it from GameFly. Cannot believe I’m being shipped a new game. I’ll let you know.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Watched Dan play it for a bit. Liked his reaction to first opening the game. First a big box of the market, then notices a twitch prime sign up for exclusive items. The notices the marketplace where he promptly "oh no.." and facepalms. Filled to the brim with p2w items. So many that they are separated in tabs. One tab named "time-saver" where you can buy items to speed up the leveling process, so probably not artificially inflated at all....

Googled it now, and from an article

According to a Ubisoft rep, here’s the price breakdown for Helix credits:

• 500 - $4.99
  • 1050 - $9.99
  • 2400 - $19.99
  • 4600 - $34.99
  • 7400 - $49.99
In the gear section of the store, a unicorn mount goes for 500 Helix. A legendary-grade Lord of Bones predator bow goes for 250. In the time-saver part of the store, you can reap the rewards of leveling up faster by just spending 300 Helix on three ability points, which unlock skills in the game. Or you can spend 1000 Helix to obtain 300 units of each of the game’s six crafting materials.

• 1Picard

spronk

FPS noob
The last few AC games have all had Helix credits to speed up shit, display treasure chests on the map, etc and I played all of them without it ever being an issue. I haven't played this yet (waiting for my X) but I don't think its supposed to be that annoying / p2w as stuff like battlefront, its more on the destiny level of "hey whales, how about you spend some more money to bling your chariot and give your character gold teef"

I did pick up my gold edition from best buy today and the steelbook looks gorgeous. if you have twitch prime you can connect it to your ubi account and you'll get some rando costume bullshit

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah Helix shit has been in AC for years and never was an issue. Nothing to see here.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm a couple hours in and its pretty fun so far. They borrowed a ton of mechanics from Witcher so it plays very similar to that experience IMO.

I completely ignored the in game purchasing menu so I have no comment there.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The last few AC games have all had Helix credits to speed up shit, display treasure chests on the map, etc and I played all of them without it ever being an issue. I haven't played this yet (waiting for my X) but I don't think its supposed to be that annoying / p2w as stuff like battlefront, its more on the destiny level of "hey whales, how about you spend some more money to bling your chariot and give your character gold teef"

I did pick up my gold edition from best buy today and the steelbook looks gorgeous. if you have twitch prime you can connect it to your ubi account and you'll get some rando costume bullshit

Didn't know it was a normal thing for it. Ubisoft I guess. Not played any of them really since 4. Not finished any of them.

Watched some more of it and it looked fun, especially combat system, so I bought it. Downloading now.

Do I need to watch some youtube compilation to catch up on the story? I did a quick search and people just said to ignore the backstory tying the games together since it is beyond saving at this point? Apparently become so convoluted that it's better to just play each game on its own?

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have never played an AC and the story is easy enough to follow (so far). It's ok so far. I hate stealth and it is kind of funny because the game is screaming at me to sneak in the weeds and use my bird to scope shit out, and I just walk in with my big ass axe and mow everything down. The graphics on the PS4 pro are kind of glitchy. Things kind of flicker oddly, like the lighting engine gets confused. It is still more traditional open world game than it is RPG. But so far it's been decent.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Enjoying it quite a bit, lvl 15 now and it's picking up nicely. In game shop isn't even noticeable at all

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Played a bit last night and it felt good if not exactly a normal AC game. They have taken a lot of inspiration from recent open world RPGs and was happy to see the combat buttons are mostly tied to the bumpers soul style but wish they had gone all in and made left trigger parry and made B the roll. Stealth still felt like classic AC though, lots of brain dead guards falling easily into traps. One thing that was surprising that I didn't realize is if a mob is too high of a level he will shrug off your stealth attack, laugh at you and proceed to one shot you.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So if AC3 was all about building a settlement and listening to native americans whine, and AC4 was about ship combat and listening to sea chanties, what is AC:Origins about?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
They really don't like you going swimming is the most I've been able to figure out. Jump in the water and people on boats start yelling at you angrily in a foreign language.

• 1Worf