Assassin's Creed Origins set in Egypt

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This is not a fun game.

Combat is bland and unitative, your making an AC game, don't steal Dark souls controls.
Enemies are either a joke or impossible
Everything is brown or gold,
Story is a mess, I just don't care about any character.
Controls suck, same button the stupid bird as well as a search mode ?
Travel is long and boring.
The map is cluttered with other idiots screenshots, who thought this was a good idea?
Quest don't tell you the level until after you accept them.
Characters are fucking stupid......have you got to princess Kara yet?
Level grinding just to move the story forward? Do they know what franchise this is?
Fighting on horse back is very sloppy

It's not bad just not fun. Play something else whil you wait for this to $25 after Christmas.

This comes from someone who plated the last 3 ac games.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Go see your wife if you haven't. Don't really want to spoil why but I really wish I had done that first instead of just wandering around aimlessly from question mark to question mark.

So I see that on my quest list now. It’s level 10. I’m level 7. Should I do that before anything else?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would and just snag any fast travel points along the way.

So made it to her. Yeah. Still not feeling any of these characters at all. The story thus far is completely non existent. Am I missing something or is it just a shitty game? The entire thing feels like a free to play experience and I can’t shake it. Overall everything aside from the world graphics is just cheap. I honestly couldn’t care less about anything going on right now at all, and feel like I’m running errand after errand in a shitty mmorpg.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I got to level 15 before returning it to red box. Didn't care at all about the story or characters but my enjoyment went up expoentially once I got the hidden blade and chain kill abilities. I also enjoyed exploring the enviroment and wasn't sick of the question mark events. A complaint I saw earlier is the higher level mobs are bulls hit and I agree. There isn't any realistic way to take on red mobs unlIke dark souls where if are good and want to do the whole game at level 1 you can. All said if I pull the trigger on an Xbox X I'll probably pick it up for that when it inevitably goes under $30 at some point in the holiday season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I got to level 15 before returning it to red box. Didn't care at all about the story or characters but my enjoyment went up expoentially once I got the hidden blade and chain kill abilities. I also enjoyed exploring the enviroment and wasn't sick of the question mark events. A complaint I saw earlier is the higher level mobs are bulls hit and I agree. There isn't any realistic way to take on red mobs unlIke dark souls where if are good and want to do the whole game at level 1 you can. All said if I pull the trigger on an Xbox X I'll probably pick it up for that when it inevitably goes under $30 at some point in the holiday season.

Yeah I am feeling the same way. At level 11 right now and just finished
killing the snake and found the wife’s mummy and am entering back in

If far cry 5 is like this, more of the same check box garbage and uninspired world/characters/story, it’s going to suck just as much. I’m going to stick with it through Thursday night. Can play Wednesday and Thursday and if it doesn’t get any better back to GameFly it goes.

God they could have done SO much more here. I’m thinking tomb raider levels of cool. But I don’t even care to bother exploring Egypt. The entire place is lifeless and robotic.

Not sure why I would expect anything better out of Ubisoft but I am glad I didn’t buy it. @Rafterman wait for a sale. I’m sure it will look awesome on your oled and Xbox one x, but definitely a cookie cutter uninspired Ubisoft game right now aside from the very well done landscapes. Which unfortunately don’t hold any meaning or reason to explore anything.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
If Far Cry 5 is like this with Co op it'd be a huge improvement to me. I hate to sound like a broken record but despite all the flaws of Unity it is by far my favorite AC simply due to the ability to do co op in non story missions. I moved out to the middle of nowhere for work and an insanely better school district for the kids so any chance to play something with my brother or friends from my old town is always welcomed.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
If Far Cry 5 is like this with Co op it'd be a huge improvement to me. I hate to sound like a broken record but despite all the flaws of Unity it is by far my favorite AC simply due to the ability to do co op in non story missions. I moved out to the middle of nowhere for work and an insanely better school district for the kids so any chance to play something with my brother or friends from my old town is always welcomed.

Yeah I do like the coop stuff as well. Never tried it in unity. Hardly played it though. Far cry 3 coop missions were great. Drop in drop out coop for far cry 5 would be fun. Ps4?

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I have a gaming rig and PS4/XB1 so it's whatever system they get it on which usually ends up being XB1. It's a shame too because it's usually the worst running version outside the occasional shit pc port. I don't think I've ever actually done any online on PS4 outside Bloodborne and Nioh invasions.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Having played this for about 13 hours now my opinion is fluctuating madly between casual indifference and broiling hatred.

The story is shit, no getting around it. The kids in the game have probably the most annoying VAs I've had to put up with in a video game for a while. The controls are simplified into stupidity.

I like the setting but I'm pretty indifferent to the aesthetics of the game honestly. Hunting animals is just as shit as it was in AC3 and I have no idea why it's a thing.

The battle system is ludicrously easy on hard, with most fights being possible to brute force. The skill tree is a good change, but leveling being a thing is stupid as fuck.

I bought the gold edition of this and it's too late to return it now because I've put too many hours in on Steam, so I will complete it... I can't really recommend it though.

Oh, it also runs like shit on an i7 and 1080Ti which is interesting when it looks pretty meh.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Finding it tough to play this game for more than half an hour at a time, not totally sure why.

I think I'm not invested in the story, and somehow the only site I want to see is the pyramids. The game might've used more of an introduction, maybe I would be if I spent 3-5 hours completing missions in "The Previous Life" before moving onto the real story.

It's tough to go from Shadow of War combat to this. In SoW not only was it very difficult and punishing if you screwed up, but it had a much higher skill-cap and was very rewarding. Once you unlocked stuff and learned how to play you were a tyranasauric dervish that could dance-murder through an army and come out ready for more. In AC:O you kind of dodge-roll power attack through whatever.

I might have the same problem with this as I did with Witcher 3, which I only completed 20% of. I feel obliged to check out all the side-stuff, but don't enjoy it enough to progress through the game.

I'll probably keep playing, not sure.

Varrus

Trakanon Raider
It has a very different feel to it, no doubt. The visuals are quite astounding. The gameplay reminds me sort of that Far Cry element to it too.

• 1Like

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are making this really hard to commit to a purchase... lol. I so want this game to be an awesome revamp, but thinking I'll stay in Dark Souls world for a while and wait for a sale.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's a weird game for sure - if it wasn't AC, I think it would be received better. It's basically Witcher Lite in Egypt - almost nothing feels "AC" thusfar besides the climbing simulator parts.

I can't see most AC fans liking it though.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
After putting another 3-4 hours into it this morning, I have grown to like it a bit more than I did. The questing structure is shit though imo.

For anyone having a hard time getting into it, I'd suggest not using any of the stupidly powerful weapons you get from Club Ubisoft or the pre-order and instead use drops and quest rewards. It makes it feel better for sure.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK, so the guy I told you i sorta quasi kinda vicariously know who was a lead artist on this game, sent me a link to this article after I asked him about feedback of their work so far, in general. He feels they rocked it hard on art and immersion, but that the story meetings were beyond frustrating and he and others stopped going and/or tuned-out after month 2. He's a great guy and I feel badly for him. But seems like it's corporate group think in action.

Reaching out towards the past in Assassins Creed Origins

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He feels they rocked it hard on art and immersion

This is the source of what I enjoy in the AC franchise. The stories and game play can be hit or miss, but I always get an interesting sandbox to stealth around and explore. I'm still only about 1/4th of the way in since I got distracted by the CoD release so I'm picking it back up this week.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Problem is there is nothing to "Explore". Nothing in the world has any meat to it what so ever. They fell down so hard on the story, but character depth and caring, but even worse is that here we have an era filled with tombs and traps and you cannot even explore that or go through them Ala Tomb Raider/Rise of the Tomb Raider - which were absolutely epic in actual exploration.

Sure the world looks nice - but it's all artificial and doesn't hold any meaning, or hell, even learning about anything they said was in the game to begin with.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I don't have any downloadable content or pre-order bonus purchased and I'm having an OK time with the difficulty. It's still pretty brute force though, but it's not wipe out an army without breaking a sweat easy either. The story is ok for me, meaning that it gives a decently compelling reason to keep progressing forward to the next hub. But, I am honestly one that could give a shit about story in the first place, so that's good enough for me. I personally like the battle system. I have found I really enjoy the dual wield weapons the most and the two handed axe for times when I'm surrounded by shield wielding guys and horseback battles (which do kind of suck by the way).

The moments you get sucked back into present day are really jarring to me, but not long enough to really impede. I spent some time going through all the files, but I really didn't care that much, but really the things you absolutely have to do in present really are no longer than 5-10 minutes, so that's not too bad.

As someone who absolutely hates stealth gameplay, this game is doing a very decent job of satisfying that open world RPG itch, but I can totally see where this game would absolutely grate on people who actually liked the stealth assassin game that this is series is kind of named for. But if they are going for an action RPG feel, they need to fully commit to it. The skill and level system are very basic, and the itemization is vanilla as well. Yep it will piss off long time fans, and rightfully so, but to go half cocked is just going to leave everyone kind of alienated. However, it's definitely enjoyable enough for me to keep playing until I no longer find it to be so. Whether that is in the next section or two or all the way to the end, I don't know yet. But I do not regret my purchase so far. (Keep in mind this is my very first AC game though)