Avengers: Age of Ultron

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Captain Thor
untitled-2xyceq.gif

IMO, I think it would have been a nice touch to have the same scene without cap. He's off screen getting a drink or something and Thor put mjolnir on a coaster or something. No one can lift it, but then cap walks in oblivious to what is happening. He sees mjolnir on a coaster and just casually moves it so he can put his drink down. Then have Thor give that look as ultron walks in

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
No, it's Robert Downey Junior, PLAYING Tony Stark, inside of Iron Man, inside of Hulkbuster Iron Man armor.
So he's a dude playing a dude, playing a dude inside a dude, playing a dude inside the dude inside another dude? Jesus I knew comic books were convoluted but this is borderline AWESOME.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No. That would have been incredibly stupid. I mean, how do we know Ultron is in that scene at all, and why would cap suddenly posses the ability to lift Mjolnir?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He's always had it. He's lifted the hammer several times in the comics

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering that the Hammer draws its choice around who is capable of leading, it would make sense that indeed Capt. America would have the ability to move/lift the hammer. He is after all as close to a perfect leader as it gets. It would not surprise me at all if there was a scene in the movie where Thor was knocked out and Capt. America indeed lifted the Hammer for a purpose. Josh Whedon likes to set up character development and moments that have future meaning.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Given that we see Cap taking a pull at Mjolnir, I started thinking that maybe they'll have a scene later in the movie where Cap actually wields it. If they do, then showing this scene kinda spoils the surprise. Sure, it's been done in the comics before, but now I feel like it would lose its edge if they do do it.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Wtf is wrong with journalism, when I ckick an article with a question like that, "we don't fucking know" is not acceptable content.

Hulk won't get his own good movie until the movie makers understand the current hulk in flicks is the lamest version. Almost All the good hulk stories involve smart hulk, banner hulk, grey hulk. Get rid of SmASH hulk and give us interesting hulk stories.

No more 70s hulk in movies please.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Given that we see Cap taking a pull at Mjolnir, I started thinking that maybe they'll have a scene later in the movie where Cap actually wields it. If they do, then showing this scene kinda spoils the surprise. Sure, it's been done in the comics before, but now I feel like it would lose its edge if they do do it.
Not too far fetched considering what we just saw ....Cap's shield broken, Thor screaming in agony somewhere .....Thor dropping his hammer, and now cap moving the hammer ever so slightly.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It would also setup an actor change for Thor for when Hemsworth decides to stop, showing that someone else worthy could lift and use the hammer. They'd be in no rush to do it, but at least people not totally familiar with comic lore could see that it's possible for someone else to wield it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Hulk couldn't pick up Thor's hammer, so he picked up Thor instead with the hammer, and used him as a weapon haha

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wtf is wrong with journalism, when I ckick an article with a question like that, "we don't fucking know" is not acceptable content.

Hulk won't get his own good movie until the movie makers understand the current hulk in flicks is the lamest version. Almost All the good hulk stories involve smart hulk, banner hulk, grey hulk. Get rid of SmASH hulk and give us interesting hulk stories.

No more 70s hulk in movies please.
You want to know the reasoning? I can tell you the reasoning.

Because in the future we're going to get an entire hulk series based off Planet Hulk. All the elements that lead to that series are being added as part of this phase.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Because in the future we're going to get an entire hulk series based off Planet Hulk. All the elements that lead to that series are being added as part of this phase.
I think you missed my point. They cant use this version of the hulk (with out some specific changes) because Planet Hulk (and all other good hulk stories) actually give the hulk dialog ! The Character they have created for the MU is dumb smashem hulk, we need that to change for any quality hulk story to happen.

Column_sl

shitlord
Hulk is a pretty complex character in the MU, I'm surprised they are not milking him into a franchise.

At one point Bruce took full control of Hulks body, but could not turn back which ruined his relationship with Betty.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I think you missed my point. They cant use this version of the hulk (with out some specific changes) because Planet Hulk (and all other good hulk stories) actually give the hulk dialog ! The Character they have created for the MU is dumb smashem hulk, we need that to change for any quality hulk story to happen.
I'm no expert in childrens movies but im pretty sure characters can evolve over time especially when you have an 80 year plan for the stories to run through

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh? In one movie alone he went from rockem sockem brainless hulk to understanding which team he fights for and actively cooperating with them. I have to imagine in the upcoming movies he could develop even further.

Column_sl

shitlord
Googling the pictures for that, I must have remembered it wrong.

It was Red Hulk that tried to pick up the hammer ,but couldn't so he carried Thor up into space so he could use the Zero G

NyEhEKb.jpg

PyN7XeC.jpg

rSpMKqc.jpg

dqOM0gb.jpg

Nester

Vyemm Raider
See, that is what I am talking about an interesting (although red) Hulk story requires a different type of Hulk then we are currently getting. Sure they can evolve, but can they evolve enough? and would the average movie goer be Ok with a newer smarter Hulk that differs from their childhood?