Avengers: Age of Ultron

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
They should have named this movie :Avengers 2. Weekend at Ultron's.

Ultron never had an "age" he was existed for what 2 weeks? (assuming he is dead, which we all know he is not)
Did the movie really not make the synthetic asteroid concept clear enough to audiences?

It was the Age of Dinosaurs until the K-T impact.

It would have been the Age of Humans until the Ultron Fake Asteroid impact. (Ultron literally says that whatever comes next will be metal based.)

Maybe I was just in a good mood, but I rather liked this. It's not in the top tier of Marvel movies, no, and there's waaaaay too much work visible setting up Phase 3, but I can't give this worse than an 8/10.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I thought it was ok but I'm just bored to death of superhero movies. I've skipped them all since the last Avengers and don't regret it at all. The action scenes just put me to sleep.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I guess I just don't watch Blacklist enough but for me every Ultron monologue was just dripping with smarmy Alan Shaw from Boston Legal more than Red.

Having said that, I'm a Marvel, Whedon and Spader whore so I loved the entire thing but really hope they release the full version as an option

Xalara

Golden Squire
Think the outrage is over her calling herself a monster because she can't have kids. Except that isn't really what she meant, she really meant everything the red room did to her made her a monster, but feminists hear what they want to hear so they can be outraged.
It's not an excuse for the outrage, but that particular section of dialogue is poorly written. Several people I know who saw the movie initially thought that Black Widow meant that she was a monster because she couldn't have kids, but realized later that the line was about her bonding with Bruce and that she's saying she's a monsters because of all the horrible things that she's done.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I thought it was ok but I'm just bored to death of superhero movies. I've skipped them all since the last Avengers and don't regret it at all. The action scenes just put me to sleep.
Winder Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy were fantastic. The others were worth skipping, including this one.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's okay, in Civil War they'll have another chance to have BW do some bonding with Winter Soldier. They should hit it off great.

What a whore.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
She is just doing what she was trained. Getting close to important people, luring them in with her evil boobie magic so that she can kill them if need be. Or extract their secrets, with her tongue. Cracks me up to hear that the SJW assholes are all pissed that their little darling daughters can't have a Black Widow doll, with realistic vagina grip action!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Again... I don't get it. That's not a bad line. It's not a perfect line, but it's clear what she's talking about. She did terrible things. And terrible things were done to her. It's tender when wolverine says it but when black widow says it its sexist?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She discussed it with Loki. Yes that conversation was also about drawing out important information, but it was also the truth when she stated she wanted to erase or balance the red in her ledger. I guess if a person knew nothing of her history or story they might have thought it referenced not being able to have children, but it should not have. I took the monster comment to be what it was. She had done terrible things in the past that she wanted to make up for.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Hydra never had access to Terrigen crystals. They were just experimenting pretty haphazardly, which is why all their subjects except the twins died.
All the other subjects were inhumans though, who had been through the mists. They said in the movie the difference in these 2 was their hatred for stark. Hydra could have had access to the mists, after all, that woman somehow stole them and powered up her girl in the Melinda May / Cavalry episode. I don't know what happened to whatever she stole at the end of that one. But even if Hydra didn't have mists, there is obviously more than one way to access them. Maybe the twins went through them on their own and then volunteered to let hydra weaponize them.

I seriously dont get it. What exactly did joss do to black widow? I really don't understand. These responses are indicative of your classic "you ruined my favorite comic and raped my childhood!!!" nerdrage responses. Except they are feminists... And feminists don't read comics for enjoyment. I am so confused.
I thought it was because they had her fall in love. As if a woman needs a man to complete her or something. Truth be told, I'd wager the SJWs didn't actually see the movie and are basing their rage on the report that the 2 castmates called Black Widow a whore which indicated that in the movie she was whoring around with everyone.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
All the other subjects were inhumans though, who had been through the mists. They said in the movie the difference in these 2 was their hatred for stark. Hydra could have had access to the mists, after all, that woman somehow stole them and powered up her girl in the Melinda May / Cavalry episode. I don't know what happened to whatever she stole at the end of that one. But even if Hydra didn't have mists, there is obviously more than one way to access them. Maybe the twins went through them on their own and then volunteered to let hydra weaponize them.
What? They aren't Inhumans, and I don't recall them ever saying anything about the other test subjects being Inhuman either. Belyakov was an Inhuman, so was her daughter, and she stole a Terrigen crystal from Afterlife, presumably one of those synthesized ones Jia Ying used to kill Gonzalez. Hydra had no idea where Afterlife was, or things would have been very different.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
rrr_img_97169.gif

Missing Gems could be:
Him (Adam Warlock is apparently called this)
Necklace (Dr Strange's Necklace gives him some of his powers or something)

Maybe showing up in GotG2 and Dr Strange?
Current Interwebz theory is that H = Heimdall since he is blind in Thor's vision and in all the other movies he has had glowing orange eyes that let him see trillions of souls across the 9 realms. They also point out a small orange gem in Heimdall's armor from Thor 2. If this pans out then might we see Dr. Strange going up against Nightmare in his movie?

moontayle

Golden Squire
If you're a fan of the show "The Blacklist" it's actually hard to separate the Reddington character personality from Ultron in some of the scenes.
Wife and I are going this weekend to see it and she just got done watching S1 of Blacklist so that's my #1 worry.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
And people wonder why women are so underrepresented in video games and film.

Male character with flaws or cliches? No fucks given.

Female character? SHE HAD BETTER BE GODDAMN PERFECT.

Fuck it, just make her a cardboard cutout with her boobs hanging out.

Column_sl

shitlord
When I originally saw the scene I thought he walked away from the sex because he was afraid of splitting her in two with the Hulk Cock.

Then when she came with the no kids thing, I was like that's a bad thing??

I wonder if they will ever do the version of The Hulk where Bruce has full control over the Hulk body like they did in the 90's.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
What? They aren't Inhumans, and I don't recall them ever saying anything about the other test subjects being Inhuman either. Belyakov was an Inhuman, so was her daughter, and she stole a Terrigen crystal from Afterlife, presumably one of those synthesized ones Jia Ying used to kill Gonzalez. Hydra had no idea where Afterlife was, or things would have been very different.
Well then you just don't fucking remember dude. Because they were kidnapping inhumans whenever they could and killing them with these experiments. Don't you remember how they were tracking teleport guy and picking up the people he dropped off? They specifically mentioned how the twins were the only ones to ever survive as lightning bolt was about to die. They also mentioned how helpful it was going to be to have deathlock available so they can compare people with natural abilities against people with manmade abilities. If Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch weren't inhumans, then having them referenced in the show like that makes no damn sense at all.

I didn't say hydra knew where afterlife was. I just pointed out that there is an obvious possibility of those crystals getting out of the inhuman's control since it's happened at least once before. Not to mention there are an unknown number of 'natural' crystals running around like what was in the city.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
When I originally saw the scene I thought he walked away from the sex because he was afraid of splitting her in two with the Hulk Cock.

Then when she came with the no kids thing, I was like that's a bad thing??

I wonder if they will ever do the version of The Hulk where Bruce has full control over the Hulk body like they did in the 90's.
Well, he was flying a jet at the end of this one, so I'd say we're definitely headed to full banner-hulk.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well then you just don't fucking remember dude. Because they were kidnapping inhumans whenever they could and killing them with these experiments. Don't you remember how they were tracking teleport guy and picking up the people he dropped off? They specifically mentioned how the twins were the only ones to ever survive as lightning bolt was about to die. They also mentioned how helpful it was going to be to have deathlock available so they can compare people with natural abilities against people with manmade abilities. If Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch weren't inhumans, then having them referenced in the show like that makes no damn sense at all.

I didn't say hydra knew where afterlife was. I just pointed out that there is an obvious possibility of those crystals getting out of the inhuman's control since it's happened at least once before. Not to mention there are an unknown number of 'natural' crystals running around like what was in the city.
I remember them tracking Gordon, but they didn't say anything about picking up the people he dropped off. He would have KNOWN if all the people he was dropping off were getting snatched by Hydra, and thus would have known that they had figured out how to track his quantum entanglement. They're just talking about research subjects in general, they aren't talking about Inhumans specifically. His comment about the Maximoffs being the only survivors makes perfect sense in that context.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they left enough of Q and S's origin open-ended to later say they're inhumans if they wanted. Basically all they said was that they were using the gem and testing it on people. I think they purposely left that ambiguity so that they can either throw in Terrigen Mists or throw in papa Magneto if some how they got the rights to it.