Avengers: Age of Ultron

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think less about the reign of ultron, and more about the impact of his actions. This stuff is pretty clearly setting up civil war. Hulk in Africa and Tony's robots in sokovia are the new nitro in Stamford.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Oh and another thing that nagged me - Sokovia is pretty clearly in eastern europe, with the mountains all around and signs written in cyrillic, but the police is using russian uniforms ?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh and another thing that nagged me - Sokovia is pretty clearly in eastern europe, with the mountains all around and signs written in cyrillic, but the police is using russian uniforms ?
Russia is in Eastern Europe and maybe broke ass Sokovia either kept their former USSR uniforms or went to the Russian Good Will next door?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Russia is in Eastern Europe and maybe broke ass Sokovia either kept their former USSR uniforms or went to the Russian Good Will next door?
Russia is the drunken uncle of Europe, everybody puts up with their shit because we would freeze in winter otherwise. It's just a small detail though.

Still, my greatest complaint is not that Ultron ever had a chance to beat the Avengers, doubly so once they pull Vision out of their ass. What's at stake during the last battle is a few thousand dead and a PR disaster. Compare it with the first one, where the whole planet was in danger and it's easy to see why people are a bit let down.

j00t

Um. No. What was at stake was the end of the world. That was made pretty clear. Physics be damned, that city was coming down hard. The result is the world at least partially blanketed in dirt. Sun can't get through, plant life dies and humanity with it

Edit: to add to the issue however, no one knows about sokovia. Every one has heard of new York. Sokovia gets blown off the map and no one even knows. New York gets a car bomb and it's international news

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, but if they didn't give a shit about civilian casualties, they could just blow it up at the start before it got any altitude.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Feminista collective ain't happy with what Whedon did to Romanov. He deleted his Twitter account today after receiving the following onslaught of tears and female ejaculatory fluids.

Twitter Hate/insults toward Whedon (with images, tweets) · Astojap · Storify
I thought this was an amusing one:
@josswhedon is blocking ppl who talk shit about him on twitter like how childish are you holy shit
Doesn't the SJW twitter crowd operate massive blockbots to do the very same thing?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How is he blocking people, I thought he deleted his account? People spreading stories about him need to get together and be consistent.

My favorite part of the movie was where spader said "And now is when I lay out my entire plan for you" then starts shooting. I know it's not a new gag, and austin powers probably did it best, but it still gets me every time.

spronk

FPS noob
WTF is up with the scene where his last clone shuts down the levitation engine with nobody around with Thor standing in the same place after the cut ? o_O
I just came back from the theaters, I think Thor and big-Ultron were fighting in a different area (a big church) whereas the engine was in the "center of town" where the throne was where he first met witch/quick. Scarlet was supposed to stay to protect the engine but then goes to fight Ultron and leaves it unprotected.

Good movie, fun to watch although you definitely feel the comic complexity creeping in. I don't follow comics much and every time I start reading a wiki entry on something it gets laughably convoluted and frankly idiotic, and this movie skirts right on the edge. I don't know anything about avengers but vision seemed extraneous and too OP if I follow the plot, since everyone and his mother wants an infinity gem it kinda seems weird to just have an AI floating around with one in its head. Oh well. Its too bad Nat Po and Pepper couldn't make quick cameos, was kinda funny seeing them skirt around it.

I rewatched Cap America 1, Thor 1 & 2, and Avengers the last few days so it was nice going into it with those references fresh although frankly I doubt it really mattered much. Good movie but yeah I'd put Avengers, GoTG and Cap 2 above it. I am definitely starting to get marvel fatigue, doubt I'll see Ant Man in theaters although the trailer looked decent. Not buying Paul Rudd as a superhero though.

I'll have to go back and read the thread but I assume the quicksilver guy is the same one who was in X-Men, are they in different universes or something cuz how does he die here but stay alive there... I don't remember a russian accent in the x-men one so I guess its just different characters?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
They are different Quicksilvers. One is a mutant the other is the result of experimentation.

*edit*

Different versions of Quicksilver that is. One belongs to Fox, the other belongs to Marvel.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
When ultron met SW and QS, he specifically mentioned how the church was in the exact center of town. Something about everyone having equal access to God or whatever.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Wasn't this quicksilver an inhuman? The series made it seem like QS and SW were inhumans and exposed to the mists.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw it yesterday, really enjoyable but it felt like nothing was at stake. They didn't spend near enough time with Ultron. Avengers 1 worked because we were already up to speed on Loki and he spends half the movie wrecking the avengers.

Ultron, on the other hand, never wins a fight. The only one he "wins" is because of the Scarlet Witch and he is even destroyed in it.

Also, the worst thing that happens to the heroes all movie is some bad dreams. It never feels like Ultron is strong enough to put them at risk.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
Wasn't this quicksilver an inhuman? The series made it seem like QS and SW were inhumans and exposed to the mists.
I was under the impression they were the result of Strucker's experimenting with the staff, and the Mindstone would explain SW's mental manipulation capabilities.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hydra never had access to Terrigen crystals. They were just experimenting pretty haphazardly, which is why all their subjects except the twins died.

j00t

The Feminista collective ain't happy with what Whedon did to Romanov. He deleted his Twitter account today after receiving the following onslaught of tears and female ejaculatory fluids.

Twitter Hate/insults toward Whedon (with images, tweets) · Astojap · Storify
I seriously dont get it. What exactly did joss do to black widow? I really don't understand. These responses are indicative of your classic "you ruined my favorite comic and raped my childhood!!!" nerdrage responses. Except they are feminists... And feminists don't read comics for enjoyment. I am so confused.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I seriously dont get it. What exactly did joss do to black widow? I really don't understand. These responses are indicative of your classic "you ruined my favorite comic and raped my childhood!!!" nerdrage responses. Except they are feminists... And feminists don't read comics for enjoyment. I am so confused.
Think the outrage is over her calling herself a monster because she can't have kids. Except that isn't really what she meant, she really meant everything the red room did to her made her a monster, but feminists hear what they want to hear so they can be outraged.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Movie was MEh 5/10. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one so i guess I'm biased. I just want Thanos to be in this and stomp them. That's all

Krozman

N00b
I don't know why, but I LOVED ultron's monologue on everyone creating what they dread. Pacifists create weapons, people create... Uh... Smaller.... People... CHILDREN!! I forgot the word for a second!

Just his delivery. The line itself was goofy but Spader was awesome saying it
If you're a fan of the show "The Blacklist" it's actually hard to separate the Reddington character personality from Ultron in some of the scenes.