Avengers: Age of Ultron

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Scarlet Witch manipulates odds and probability. If they're modelling her after the Ultimate U version then all she would have to do would be waggle her fingers and hex up "What are the odds that Hulk would mistake Iron Man for Ultron as they're both metal men"

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I still assert that in the trailers tony is the one that is mind controlled/fucked cuz hulk is always around ppl and police, not fucking them up, plus it's too easy to do rampaging hulk smash all the time.
I think you missed the part with the cops taking cover behind their car and Hulk kicking it, sending them flying.

I gotta agree with Lyrical, it *should* be the Mind Gem, and if it is, even the Hulk stands no chance against that. Assuming it is Loki's scepter, I'm guessing the only reason it didn't work on Stark is because Loki was an idiot and tapped the only non-living part of him. If it is Scarlet Witch I won't be pissed, but that would set a dangerous precedent for her power, and she's dangerous enough as it is.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Considering Captain America resisted Loki's staff in the first Avengers, I'm pretty sure The Hulk can. What others have said is probably the case, Scarlett Witch doesn't need to mind control Hulk, she just needs to send him into an uncontrollable rage so that he starts killing civilians and/or the other Avengers.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
best moment for ultimate scarlett witch, caution spoilers for ultimates 2
rrr_img_87875.jpg

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I'd agree if you meant Thor and Hulk basically did all the heavy lifting with Stark having a 'game plan' and Cap being 'the heart' or whatever.
Yeah, I hastily typed that post out but that's the crux of what I was getting at. Kind of hard to respect, or be excited about, the input of the other Avengers when you have an Asgardian god and, well, the motherfucking Hulk.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They hinted at it in avengers, but I would love it if they spent more time focusing on caps leadership abilities. He's historically been the only one who can consistently keep the team together and focused. Half of that is just out of sheer respect for who he is. They have SORT of talked about that with the trading cards but honestly, we need to see exactly why Thor, immortal god of thunder and prince of Asgard has no problem in the world following orders from cap.

I'd really like it if they did that with Hawkeye as well. I mean, we know why black widow is on the team, she's a super spy and when she lands a jump she splays her legs out like this. But Hawkeye is awesome and he hasn't really gotten much love in the MCU.
3.jpg

22737-captain-america-sayings-1920x1200-quote-wallpaper.jpg

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I think part of the problem is Chris Evans. He still comes across as a twenty-something GI not a battle-hardened veteran. The point you made about the team respecting Cap is a very valid one. What is it based on exactly? He led some daring raids during WWII and then was on ice for decades then suddenly he meets the Hulk, Thor, etc and the audience, and his team, are fast-tracked into this acceptance of him being the hero that the comic book audience view him as.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah even after 3 movies we haven't gotten to see much of Strategic Genius Cap. Cap 2 they did a good job of showing why they might follow him as a man though, standing up to Fury right off the bat and all. But even with him calling the shots we didn't really get him personally showing battle strategy etc much. Nothing that would make us see him taking charge of a God and Tony Stark. HOWEVAH this is all easily remedied with a bit of dialogue. Literally just one of them explaining why they're willing to follow him.

j00t

I'm hoping that the events of cap 2 really change his laid back perception of the world. The comics give such a great feeling that cap is a household name and everyone loves and respects him. Even his enemies salute him. The movies come across like its still a secret that he's around, or at least that the common man doesn't seem to care one way or another. I mean, like... All it would take is a scene were ironman is being mobbed by paparazzi, and cap walks by or something and they all just stop and whisper to themselves. No one takes a picture. Stark mocks the press, saying something along the lines of sarcastically telling them he could get them an interview with him. They look at tony like he's walking over their mother's grave. "How DARE you bring cap down to our level!"

It would show how just how much EVERYONE loves cap, and throws a jab at the paparazzi that Hollywood hates at the same time. And it would put a further rift between stark and cap to set up civil war. /shrug

But again, it doesn't show WHY cap is so respected. Cap needs to be the last one standing against ultron.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
They don't need to establish any of that because it's already obvious why they follow cap. He is the embodiment of America, the greatest, best, freest country that God has ever given man on the face of the earth.
fyeahamerica-montage.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well I like that Cap is positioning himself against american authority. Which he has to really. We're damn near the global hegemon. If shit ain't right, we've undoubtedly got a hand in one or both sides of whatever shit it is, and he doesn't like that. Cap doesn't do shades of grey. I'm actually curious where Marvel takes Cap's philosophy in his next few appearances.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They need to do stuff that makes sense for movie Cap as his character has been established in the movies. Movie Cap is a very different character than comic book Cap. Movie Cap is in many ways still the naive kid from the beginning of the first movie, and probably has a longer story arc planned than most of the rest of the characters.

Siliconemelons

I never liked ultron... he just crossed me as an evil emo robot that no one liked, not even his creator, wife, kid... because he is an evil douchebag...who is evil because he is evil...but evil because no one likes him.

Thanos is imo going to be a better big villan - I hope he lasts for more than one movie where he is the direct "bad guy" so GOTG does not count.

j00t

Well, avengers 3 is split into 2 movies, so there's that.

Which reminds me... Why do studios do that? Don't call it avengers 3 part one and two. Its avengers 3 and 4.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Probably because they will leave it as an unresolved story at the end of Part 1, and people would bitch if they didn't call them Part 1 and Part 2 since everyone expects a stand-alone movie if it just gets a sequel number.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I dunno, I thought Cap 2 did a pretty fucking good job of making Capt America awesome. Hell, it's probably the best Marvel movie period. Sure, in Avengers he was just sorta in charge because somebody had to be. He was just the first guy to start giving orders. But now you can see how they'd all respect him.

We already got a taste of what you are talking about just from the trailer though - he makes Thor's hammer move.

(not a euphemism)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That would be impressive, but I wouldn't mind seeing the existing Spidermans being nuked and them simply focusing on villain movie development separate from Marvel's designs.