Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea it's definitely not terrible but it's much longer than it needed to be. As was said above, the last hour is the meat and potatoes.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
How terrible was this?
If you enjoy marvel movies, and have watched most of them, it's amazing. As a stand alone movie, it's just 'good'. It has payoffs, callbacks, and fan service for anyone who even slightly enjoyed previous marvel movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
If you're a child and want to see smash, stick with the last hour. If you want to see all the characters you love in the last 10 years have closure to their arcs and great moments during the time heist, which is the entire point of the time heist writing mechanics wise, watch the movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Smart Hulk is always a gift that keeps giving. Give it some more time.
He seemed like someone on a perpetual rollercoaster between 75 is and 95 iq with nanosecond peaks to120 iq. I did not enjoy the character at all.

• 1Dislike

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Agreed, smart hulk was one of the worst parts of an overall awesome movie.

Hulk isnt interesting because he's strong; he's interesting because he's anger incarnate. Everyone who relates to the character relates to him on that level. Turning him into big and green, marginally intelligent and pretty strong.. just makes him boring and unrelatable.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Overall worth a second watch. I was kind of bummed Intellihulk didn't have more to do but explain what the important people were going to be doing. He had zero smash time this movie - in fact he seemed to be staunchly against it.

All the callbacks and fight scenes were glorious. Watching Thanos reverse donkey punch Captain Marvel in the head was worth the movie ticket price.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Agreed, smart hulk was one of the worst parts of an overall awesome movie.

Hulk isnt interesting because he's strong; he's interesting because he's anger incarnate. Everyone who relates to the character relates to him on that level. Turning him into big and green, marginally intelligent and pretty strong.. just makes him boring and unrelatable.

Exactly, Professor Hulk always missed this. Hulk having control over his "anger" makes him....not the Hulk anymore. It makes him literally a super strong, but otherwise normal human. What people fear and are attracted to is the catharsis and horror of letting that primal part of ourselves take the wheel AND having the power to really express it.

Because rage is damaging in two ways. One, it makes you an idiot that hurts people you don't want to hurt (This is the part we fear), and two you can never really do enough damage to live up to your rage's expectations (This is the part that fascinates us, the "what if I could".) Professor Hulk robs both of these parts.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
They can always have Hulk lose his shit again in the future. They didn't end his story.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The Hulk was an utter disappointment. I remember when he threw Loki around like a ragdoll thinking to myself "Yea, Hulk is gonna be awesome in this series". And then... he went apeshit one time, destroyed half a city and fought the HulkBuster suit, and went all emo.

• 1Dislike

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The whole thing that made Hulk an interesting and unique character was that anger was the triggering effect, and while in Hulk mode he had no control over his actions. As Lithose mentioned, now he's just a generic strong dude that spouts emo garbage.

• 1Dislike

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Exactly, Professor Hulk always missed this. Hulk having control over his "anger" makes him....not the Hulk anymore. It makes him literally a super strong, but otherwise normal human. What people fear and are attracted to is the catharsis and horror of letting that primal part of ourselves take the wheel AND having the power to really express it.

Because rage is damaging in two ways. One, it makes you an idiot that hurts people you don't want to hurt (This is the part we fear), and two you can never really do enough damage to live up to your rage's expectations (This is the part that fascinates us, the "what if I could".) Professor Hulk robs both of these parts.
here, it was all fleshed out in ultimates2, years ago
371ab91ed4a92251df8bf3257a22db3a.jpg

da3877ede2abf8e94fd807831b72766a.jpg

86ae18b8afcbb24c52cbb62981d08ab4.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1WTF

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
7tvsjdkyduy21.jpg

wtf is that thing on the left, i can't tell if poor ugly asian girl (probably not cuz too tall) or trans thing

capt marvel now has no ass and no boobs?

Karen gilan is a tall bitch

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
7tvsjdkyduy21.jpg

wtf is that thing on the left, i can't tell if poor ugly asian girl (probably not cuz too tall) or trans thing

capt marvel now has no ass and no boobs?

Karen gilan is a tall bitch

I like how Karen GIllian seems to be staying in character and Elizabeth Olsen seems REALLY happy to be there.

• 2Like