Avengers: Endgame (2019)

spronk

FPS noob
maybe black panther secretly gives all the black avengers his purple eggplant thing, but only the black ones no whities no mulattos. gotta submit a 23 and me DNA test

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
He'll use the shield as a back-up flying saucer after BP's sister has infused it with Wakandan black magic that's too difficult to comprehend for your white brain.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I mean Endgame made 700 million last weekend. Even with an over 50% drop it's beating Avatar. You also have to remember Avatar was in theaters for 34 weeks. It's very rare for movies to be in theaters like that anymore. Hell Titanic was in theaters like 50 weeks which is insane.

Endgame looks to be falling short as I predicted.

100M away from avatar

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Avatar also had like a 9 month theater-time. Endgame did amazing for only using 1/3 of that.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Avatar also had like a 9 month theater-time. Endgame did amazing for only using 1/3 of that.

I mean yeah.. It's been 5 weeks for endgame compared to 34 weeks for Avatar. Also remember that Avatar had a re-release as well. You are kinda premature in calling it a win. Either way Endgame blew away Avatar in almost everything else. Hell it's already beat Avatar domestically.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
even when Bucky was Cap, he used his robo arm and a fucking gun
Bucky-Barnes-Captain-America-Comic-Cover-678x381.jpg

idk what even happened to Bucky, i think he's the new watcher.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Hulk was an utter disappointment. I remember when he threw Loki around like a ragdoll thinking to myself "Yea, Hulk is gonna be awesome in this series". And then... he went apeshit one time, destroyed half a city and fought the HulkBuster suit, and went all emo.
I was REALLY hoping for a Planet Hulk (which we kind of got in Ragnarok) leading into World War Hulk series of films. Total blue balls.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I mean yeah.. It's been 5 weeks for endgame compared to 34 weeks for Avatar. Also remember that Avatar had a re-release as well. You are kinda premature in calling it a win. Either way Endgame blew away Avatar in almost everything else. Hell it's already beat Avatar domestically.
I'm just busting your stones cause we had opposing predictions.

In any case, weeks released is a nice metric but you need to look at the details (Domestic Only):

Day 72 Avatar crossed 700M (~10weeks)
Day 85 to cross 725M
Day 101 to cross 740M
Day 163 to cross 749M
Day 234 to hit $749,766,139

No doubt Endgame has exceeded Avatar domestically, and faster, but the returns after week 14 for Avatar were negligible. And really after Week 10, the remaining 24 weeks only generated ~49M additional revenue.

Day 16 Endgame crossed 700M
Day 32 to cross 800M (~4.5weeks)

Endgame is pulling in ~20M a week domestic atm, had a little bump from the Holiday, and each week revenue drops ~60%.
To get the additional ~90M needed to pass Avatar would likely take another 6-8 weeks globally in theaters. (In 3 weeks it'll likely be making ~1M/Week domestic)
So it's probably not happening.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm just busting your stones cause we had opposing predictions.

In any case, weeks released is a nice metric but you need to look at the details (Domestic Only):

Day 72 Avatar crossed 700M (~10weeks)
Day 85 to cross 725M
Day 101 to cross 740M
Day 163 to cross 749M
Day 234 to hit $749,766,139

No doubt Endgame has exceeded Avatar domestically, and faster, but the returns after week 14 for Avatar were negligible. And really after Week 10, the remaining 24 weeks only generated ~49M additional revenue.

Day 16 Endgame crossed 700M
Day 32 to cross 800M (~4.5weeks)

Endgame is pulling in ~20M a week domestic atm, had a little bump from the Holiday, and each week revenue drops ~60%.
To get the additional ~90M needed to pass Avatar would likely take another 6-8 weeks globally in theaters. (In 3 weeks it'll likely be making ~1M/Week domestic)
So it's probably not happening.
did we take into account that only the plebbiest of plebs watched Avatar in 2D? what percentage of Avatars ticket sales was 3D, IMAX super 3D?