Avengers: Endgame (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I want her cgi ass done to the same quality and standard that Henry Cavill’s moustache was done to.

That would be hilarious.

iu.jpeg

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
First few iron man movies they had the suit. in fact in the behind the scenes (first iron man movie) they describe a scene where the director during editing says the suit looks too CGI...and it was the REAL suit and not CGI.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I'll never forgive their reimagination of the Mandarin

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fadaar

That guy
Iron Man was somehow the only solo franchise that managed to get worse with each sequel. Thor tried but Ragnarok washed away the stank of Thor 2. Which is especially sad since IM1 was the one that started it all and is still one of the better overall Marvel movies.

• 5Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
when i saw it opening night the theater was dead fucking silent from the snap til the credits, absolute perfect movie experience
Same here, nobody left their seats until even the end credits after the Samuel L Jackson scene were over. NEVER seen that happen before.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
ditto. everyone was like Whoa!

only other movie i have seen silence like that after a movie was Empire Strikes Back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
ditto. everyone was like Whoa!

only other movie i have seen silence like that after a movie was Empire Strikes Back.
i didnt even watch any trailers for IW and i was completely shocked when The Snap happened. was there any hint of that in the trailers?

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
i didnt even watch any trailers for IW and i was completely shocked when The Snap happened. was there any hint of that in the trailers?
No. They even had misleading things in the trailer, like the Hulk being on the field during the invasion of Wakanda.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fans of the comics saw it as the likely endpoint to the first film, or at least hoped that it would be.

I can't remember where I saw it (probably red letter media) but I remember reading/watching someone compare the snap scene to a traumatic experience to viewers. You don't really see it coming and you don't understand it while it's happening, so you just stare in disbelief until it slowly dawns upon you what happened. You walk away feeling raw from it. They nailed the grim silence of it all. I don't know of any other movie that could have pulled off such a thing to a wide universal audience. It frustrates me all to hell that BP got a best picture nom and this didn't. One is mediocre bait, the other is a masterpiece in filmmaking with a decade long buildup leading to a single moment that is handled flawlessly.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They changed the CGI in the trailer vs the movie to cover up multiple things. Other examples are Spiderman's suit and the scan of Vision's gem stone.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They changed the CGI in the trailer vs the movie to cover up multiple things. Other examples are Spiderman's suit and the scan of Vision's gem stone.

So that makes one wonder -- what have they / will they change in the Endgame trailers?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So that makes one wonder -- what have they / will they change in the Endgame trailers?
The one released? Nothing, there's hardly anything in the trailer. Maybe Ant Man arrives a different way, I assumed he would be rescued not get out on his own.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
There is speculation that someone was edited out of one or more scenes in the trailers, like when several of them all walk in a line together. There is enough room towards the end of the line that someone like Captain Marvel might have been walking there but edited out to not give anything about her movie away.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There is speculation that someone was edited out of one or more scenes in the trailers, like when several of them all walk in a line together. There is enough room towards the end of the line that someone like Captain Marvel might have been walking there but edited out to not give anything about her movie away.

Captain Marvel and Professor Hulk.