Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We need to talk about something other than girl power shit. It was short and not an integral part of the movie thus didn't ruin anything. Just lulz wtf moment.

Like for instance, wtf is with the new captain America. Is this for real.

Yes. In the comics his name is Blacktain America.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
We need to talk about something other than girl power shit. It was short and not an integral part of the movie thus didn't ruin anything. Just lulz wtf moment.

The problem with changing the subject is that you're a childish turd who has no business being in a conversation with grown-ups.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Picard
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

Cap stays with Peggy in the alternate timeline. Then when she dies he comes back to the original timeline. Putting everything ok again.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
How does what they think ruin anyone else’s enjoyment? Please explain that to me.

You mean these two things are not equal?

1.) People on a discussion forum mention a particular scene was retarded--a discussion forum that exists for the sole purpose of discussing things about movies, where such opinions are not only expected but should be encouraged because...you know, the forum is about discussion

2.) Ham-fistedly shoving ideological messaging in every form of media, from comics to movies to TV, all with the backing of some of the most powerful corporations on the planet.

Can't even tell these two things apart. High time we get number 1 to shut up before they ruin more stuff for people, they are so much better at affecting things than number 2 after all.

• 6Like
  • 2Mic Drop
Reactions: 7 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
You mean these two things are not equal?

1.) People on a discussion forum that exists for the sole purpose of discussing things about movies, where such opinions are not only expected but should be encouraged because...you know, the forum is about discussion.

2.) Ham-fistedly shoving ideological messaging in every form of media, from comics to movies to TV, all with the backing of some of the most powerful corporations on the planet.

Can't even tell these two things apart. High time we get number 1 to shut up before they ruin more stuff for people, they are so much better at affecting things than number 2 after all.

If other people’s opinions of things affected me I would probably have enjoyed The Witcher 3, Friends, and onions a lot more, Dying Light, MST3k and RiffTrax, and Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup with half a tube of crushed premium plus salted crackers a whole lot less.

Only weak people are that affected... effected... marijuana legalization was a mistake... bothered and changed by the opinions of others on entertainment media. Leftists. **spits**

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't know guys I think you are just letting your insecure male toxicity show. I mean how would we know there were females in this film let alone strong female characters if they didn't strike a pose before effectively doing nothing and failing at their ultimate objective anyways?

I rewatched Aliens the other day and honestly I didn't think Ripley was a real strong female character because her and Newt didn't give an "I don't need no man" speech.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was happily enjoying the movie, then like out of the fucking blue we get vagina voltron formation and it hurt the movie, but not enough to not give it a 10/10. it just stuck out as fucking stupid and a portent of things to come.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Seven Out

Trakanon Raider
6/10 - Middle of the pack MCU movie with a few good payoffs. The fanservice paid throughout the script was too much. Infinity War superior in all ways.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I enjoyed this movie mostly due to the fan service and the conclusion to it all but I feel like people are giving it to high of praise. Once the initial euphoria wears off I think people will be more critical of this as a whole. While Infinity War was pretty fucking close to perfect this one has more plot holes and dues ex bullshit than you can shake a stick at. There was a ton of humor in the movie but it was kind of overboard and out of place. Fag Hulk, Fat Thor both just fell flat for me.

The few scenes with Cap. Marvel just came off has her being a giant cunt. I don't know if they were intentionally written that way or Brie makes em feel that way, but she was condescending as shit. You little pissant pussies take care of earth I take care of all the rest of the universe... it's like bitch you are talking to Thor and Rocket know your place cunt they both know damn well what all is out there. Thankfully it was just a plot point to get her to fuck out of our faces for the rest of the movie.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'd give up a few years of my life for Karen Gillan/Elizabeth Olsen threesome

I'd give up my left nut for Elizabeth Olsen/Anybody threesome.

Did anyone else notice Scar Jo actually looked feminine and pretty in this movie?

Yep, and then they gave Captain Marvel that dude-haircut. I found her way less attractive after that, which is too bad because she was gorgeous early in the movie.

Like others have said, giving this 8/10 as a standalone (too long, a little convoluted) and a full 10/10 as a culmination to the overall Marvel story. It's sorta like Furious 7 was: A decent movie that became way better than it had any right to be as the culmination to a story with characters you've been following for so long.

I got last minute tickets on Friday night on a whim and somehow managed to succeed. I don't know how. I bet I was one of the last couple of sales.

The theater was packed with noisy, obnoxious kids and people who wouldn't stop cheering, and...I liked it, it really added to the atmosphere. During the big battle, the audience noise started to sound like the crowd at a pro wrestling event. Just nuts.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
6/10 - Middle of the pack MCU movie with a few good payoffs. The fanservice paid throughout the script was too much. Infinity War superior in all ways.
ive been hearing this for a few days, me not being a Marvel geek, can you explain the fanservice?
was Cap wielding Moljnir and him whispering Heil Hydra the fanservice? if so thats not too bad

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Not really angry at it. It was just silly, on multiple levels. First, it was silly because it didn't make sense within the universe...In the universe the men and women were fighting side by side, often helping each other in 2 person teams. Everyone except Captain Marvel was engrossed in the battle this way...correct? So did all the women just literally abandon the men who were stuck in combat to go help Captain Marvel? There wasn't a chance that in X particular instance, the man might have been less essential to their fight, and could have gone to help Captain Marvel? Only the women could get away from their fights?

Second, it will silly even as a female empowerment theme...because it totally undermines how important the women were in the actual fight. You might not have noticed....but your brain did. Because every single guy could not break of their engagement, they were in heavy combat and absolutely essential in the roles they were playing to the point where at ANY point, only a single guy could get free to run the gauntlet--that's the ENTIRE reason only one person was running the gauntlet up to that point. Then, Captain Marvel lands...and all the women just leave their posts. Were they not important on the battle field? Are they so inconsequential to the actual battle going on that they can also leave at a moment's notice the moment they hear a fellow woman needs help?

The shot would not NEARLY have been as bad if it was all women, but not ALL the women...Like if Just Wasp and Valkyrie and Potts go to her, given they can all fly and evade the mess on the ground. It would make sense, and you still get your girl power shot. But no, EVERY woman on that field was able to leave what they were doing and STRIKE A POSE! Of course it drug people out of their sense of disbelief, because it violated a bunch of parameters of logic in the story which had set up...Ironically one being that those women were competent and essential to the battle.

That's why. Not because they got some screen time. That's a false attribution that's meant to disregard the logic behind why people are annoyed by painting it as some kind of sexism...and its that won't let anyone actually learn why it didn't work.
The strike a pose thing has been present since the first Avengers movie. The money shot at the beginning where they're all attacking in the same direction. It's a comic book thing to have everyone shown on the same page for a spectacular screenshot. Getting butt hurt because they did a compilation shot with the women characters is dumb as fuck. It's slightly distracting, but put your dick back in your pants because it fits and the screen caps will be awesome.

I'm sure SJW are going to suck at that tit, but I don't give a fuck. It's their life to waste.

• 2Garbage
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The strike a pose thing has been present since the first Avengers movie. The money shot at the beginning where they're all attacking in the same direction. It's a comic book thing to have everyone shown on the same page for a spectacular screenshot. Getting butt hurt because they did a compilation shot with the women characters is dumb as fuck. It's slightly distracting, but put your dick back in your pants because it fits and the screen caps will be awesome.

I'm sure SJW are going to suck at that tit, but I don't give a fuck. It's their life to waste.

It's sad that you can't tell the difference between the organic and inclusive poses and a forced, exclusionary one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I dont mind girl power - i just dont want it so obviously thrown in my face.

"Seriously - all that shit going on - then magically these girls show up all nonchalant as if they ALL knew at that very moment to suddenly appear right there. Sorry its just annoying. If they had all been fighting and then ended up together then sure, but thats not what happened.

All of them coming together isn't too far fetched. No one was fighting at the time, everyone was under the shields from the cannon barrage breaking Scarlet Witch's owning of Thanos. Also, I can't imagine it would be too hard to find your way to the giant comet woman landing next to Spider-Man who was joined by Valkyrie on her Pegasus. It really only got weird for me when Mantis showed up, since most of the women can fly and I have no problem believing Okoye would have been near the Gauntlet since Black Panther was carrying it for some part of it's run.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Loved the movie. If I could nitpick

1. Absolutely ham fisted female hero scene
  2. This one bugged me: I thought non immortals couldn't touch/hold an infinity stone? Hulk, Hawkeye, ect. should have blown up, no?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It's sad that you can't tell the difference between the organic and inclusive poses and a forced, exclusionary one.
You can look at it as being exclusionary or look at it as being something less self righteous. It wasn't nearly as dumb girl power as the Ghostbusters remake. They produced a 30s scene with the female characters lining up that will make for an interesting gif or screencap... I get that it was a bit of pandering, but do you really give that much of a fuck? If it took you out of your suspension of disbelief, that's a personal problem. If you want to be critical of that particular scene, you can dismantle the entire movie and look at it in a negative light fairly easily.

For me? It was just another neat screenshot that fits within the comic book translated to big screen. I literally don't get why people are so butt hurt over it. If they portrayed the same thing 10 years ago before the SJW movement, no one would give two fucks and may have even heralded it as being a badass moment. The fact that folks are bothered by it, even being so ridiculously minimal, means we've all been fucked by said movement so as to ruin an otherwise amazing movie.

It's not the scene that's wrong. It's that focusing on one sex or the other is critically analyzed now for political bullshit.

Pull your dick out of politics.

• 3Garbage
  • 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users