Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
wow every single seat (except front row) for all Dolby Digital and IMAX screenings are sold out at my local AMC theater and it went on sale today morning online. Soooooo glad I picked up tickets wednesday, center near top row seats. This movie is gonna do insane.

youtube version of today's trailer (same thing)

PLVFa.jpg

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, the set shots from Avengers 4 are reportedly filled with people in old outfits.

Whether Thanos nukes the timeline, the heroes give up on beating him in the present and try to alter the past to do it, or it is some weird montage where Stark gets the gauntlet and tries to come up with a timeline with a happy ending, remains to be seen.

But I'm convinced the MU looks way different after Avengers 4. There's too many big names whose contracts are up and the fact that out of the numerous Marvel movies in the pipeline post-A4, only a handful have announced casts (Dr Strange 2, Black Panther 2, (some of) Guardians 3) means that all bets are of for who or what survives past A4. (Again, I'll be shocked if Cap makes it out of Infinity War alive.)

They already set up time travel with Dr. Strange--and he has the time stone. So they are giving themselves a way for the Avengers to lose, and still do something in the next movie to win. I'm betting its Spider Man and Strange who somehow jump time to assemble the avengers in the past, if they got that route or maybe they "find" Ms Marvel too, to help. This could also set up a future arc of the secret wars--since universe/time alteration was a theme in that, they could use it as the reason the Beyonder takes notice of Earth.

And now that they own Dr. Doom, they can do the whole story line, hell if they get wild they can use that story to introduce the fantastic four....Or the Xmen within that universe, to help break the MCU away from the retiring avengers.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
They do not own Doom, Fantastic Four, and X-Men just yet. They made an offer, and it was accepted by Fox...but it's not finalized and there is a lot of legal hurdles to pass before it's a done deal, mostly anti-monopoly stuff. I think I saw we won't know till end of 2018 and mid-2019 before decision is made to see if it will be allowed to be done.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They do not own Doom, Fantastic Four, and X-Men just yet. They made an offer, and it was accepted by Fox...but it's not finalized and there is a lot of legal hurdles to pass before it's a done deal, mostly anti-monopoly stuff. I think I saw we won't know till end of 2018 and mid-2019 before decision is made to see if it will be allowed to be done.

They will be deep into Phase 4 before any of those properties become MCU movies. Feige even said recently that they aren't even being talked about in their planning.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Growing up, I never cared about Start Wars. I know it means a lot to so many, but it never grabbed me.

The Avengers theme song hits me on an emotional level, the same way star wars music hits that type of person. It's incredible.

I love Marvel so much.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
wife scheduled us a trip to palm springs opening weekend but they got an imax in town and the old fucks haven't reserved shit - gonna hit it up Saturday.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
wife scheduled us a trip to palm springs opening weekend but they got an imax in town and the old fucks haven't reserved shit - gonna hit it up Saturday.

can you reserve seats in the back row, i've heard that the back row in imax theaters are infamous for casual gay hookups in places like palm springs

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
can you reserve seats in the back row, i've heard that the back row in imax theaters are infamous for casual gay hookups in places like palm springs

We usually do the middle, but i'll keep an eye out and report back.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Im not a big comic book reader so my knowledge of all this is pretty much limited to the films. I seem to recall from the first Guardians movie that a guy with 1 stone basically pounded the ground and blew up a world. Why is Thanos punching these guys in the trailer?

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I don't remember Ronan using the power stone to destroy planets, but its been a while since i've watched gotg1.

the power stone Ronan had (and one of the ones thanos appears to have) increases his strength and lets him do energy projections, like Ronan did at the end of Gotg. he should be near hulk level strength with the power stone as well.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I don't remember Ronan using the power stone to destroy planets, but its been a while since i've watched gotg1.

the power stone Ronan had (and one of the ones thanos appears to have) increases his strength and lets him do energy projections, like Ronan did at the end of Gotg. he should be near hulk level strength with the power stone as well.

He doesn't, but when the collector explains the stones (or was it someone else?) there is a short sequence that shows dudes dropping by a planet and just planting their staff in it and the whole thing just getting decimated.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Have they said how long this movie is? It feels like there is a ton of plot just to get to the gratuitous Thanos fight scenes (and it appears there's at least two). I have faith in Feige and the Russo's but just the sheer number of characters in this is overwhelming.

Rais

Trakanon Raider

He would be far beyond strength level of the hulk with the power stone.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He would be far beyond strength level of the hulk with the power stone.

especially in the mcu. mcu hulk is VERY strong but nowhere near the comic version. comic version has no upper limit to his strength, but MCU hulk has been beaten into submission by stark.