Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Maybe he meant to say "good movies".

Shit, from a company that brought you these engrossing hits? You must be high....

The-Ridiculous-6.jpg
Adam-Sandler-the-do-over.jpg
MV5BMTAwOTIxMDA0MjZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDg1MjgzNzQz._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
6008815_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
It's not just you. Someone just took the original trailer and ran it through frame interpolation software, which always results in various levels of garbage.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is my monitor trash or is this jerky and uncomfortable to watch for anyone else?

i don't know what it is. logic tells me that 60fps is better. intellectually speaking, it looks so much closer to real life, almost like a filter is taken off and you are stepping INTO the film world...

but something about 60fps just puts me in the uncanny valley.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
i don't know what it is. logic tells me that 60fps is better. intellectually speaking, it looks so much closer to real life, almost like a filter is taken off and you are stepping INTO the film world...

but something about 60fps just puts me in the uncanny valley.

Personally I can't stand it, it made the shitty hobbit movies even shittier. I rarely care even about Blu-ray or anything beyond that. Growing up with VHS and then basic DVD, that's what movies are to me. While we're in this "close-but-not-quite" phase (looking at you, 3D), I'm going to personally prefer DVD/Bluray level quality.

Holo-Decks is when they'll get me on board with "OMG ITS SO REAL!" Paging @Tolan, when does this happen?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I agree with the 60fps stuff. It looks like absolute shit, and I hated The Hobbit even more because of it.

I will admit that I probably can't see the difference between 4K and 1080p, but in this particular case I'd rather have more than less, because I can definitely tell when shit is 480p now. 720p is highly dependent on the rip/encode, some are shit and some are just as good as 1080p for me.

And anyone that watches with Tru-motion or whatever that "soap opera effect" bullshit is called needs to have their TV taken from them. A couple of my friends do it and I just can't take it, but even worse my doctor's office plays whatever that channel is that seems to show reruns of Law & Order SVU all day, and they have that goddamn soap opera effect on. It literally makes it look like a high school student filmed it on his camcorder with the full-sized VHS tape in it, to my eye at least. How do people watch that???

Anyway, I've watched this trailer so many fucking times already, I'm worried it is going to be like Age of Ultron for me :( I watched that trailer a million times because it was so fucking good. And then not only was the movie just mediocre, but they didn't even show the best parts of the trailer in the movie! And changed Ultron's voice to something much less sinister.

No, I'm confident this is going to be awesome! It has to be. This is my childhood come to life. If you had asked me what movies I wanted to see made 20+ years ago (before X-Men etc.), I would have said the epic Marvel crossovers. And now my wish is mostly being fulfilled. It has to be good!

(I'm not even that mad that Adam Warlock isn't gonna be the one to put down Thanos. Ok maybe a little mad.)

Fadaar

That guy
And anyone that watches with Tru-motion or whatever that "soap opera effect" bullshit is called needs to have their TV taken from them.

Anyone who leaves that shit on doesn't deserve nice things and I question their ability to make decisions in life

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
(I'm not even that mad that Adam Warlock isn't gonna be the one to put down Thanos. Ok maybe a little mad.)
This is just a part 1 movie still isn't it? Or did they confirm Adam Warlock won't be in either of the movies?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Part 2 is in May 2019. And James Gunn said that Adam Warlock wasn't going to appear in the MCU until Guardians of the Galaxy 3. But that's about it.

EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong. Here's something he said on twitter.

But then this was a follow up comment.

Last edited:

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
60 FPS to me makes watching something feel more like i'm watching actors being filmed playing a role, and less like i'm watching a movie that seems more realistic, if that makes any fucking sense.

Idk, it's like it takes away the movie-type glare and makes it feel more like a home video or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jait

Molten Core Raider
95% of the movie watchers don’t even know who the fuck Adam Warlock is. Gunn is my favorite of the MCU folks but he seems to have minimal input in the long run anyway. I’m just happy with all the Easter eggs and Farscape.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I really wonder what direction this franchise is going to go after Infinity Wars. It's such a cash cow there's no way they just wrap it up once it's done.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It assume it has to end with some kind of universe reset/reboot. Most of their actors aren't gonna be good for another decade+ long run of movies.

Juvarisx

Florida
I really wonder what direction this franchise is going to go after Infinity Wars. It's such a cash cow there's no way they just wrap it up once it's done.

All the is left slated after the final avengers movie is Homecoming 2 and GoTG3. I imagine it hinges on weather Disney gets Fantastic 4 and Xmen back. I could see them doing a Xmen MCU, and a few Fantastic 4 movies during the same time, while letting the old MCU lie dormant. It would be too soon for a reboot due to how iconic the casting has become.

If they don't I am sure they will try to expand Spiderman where Sony failed to do so, while making some solo movies with actors they have control of and they survive like Black Panther.

Brad2770

I thought someone posted here that they were going Cosmic; GotG, Ms. Marvel, etc... There is a lot that can be done there and it’s slowly leading to that anyways.

Here’s hoping for Dark Phoenix

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I saw Black Panther today I thought it was prety good. There were 3 trailers for upcoming Marvel movies it's crazy. Venom looks fucking incredible.