Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Personally I wish they could get Xmen/Deadpool/Cable etc and do X-Cutioners Song.

Jive Turkey

Karen
i don't know what it is. logic tells me that 60fps is better. intellectually speaking, it looks so much closer to real life, almost like a filter is taken off and you are stepping INTO the film world...

but something about 60fps just puts me in the uncanny valley.

It's great if you want all your movies to look like Coronation Street

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Personally I wish they could get Xmen/Deadpool/Cable etc and do X-Cutioners Song.
There were so many characters involved in that saga. Apolcolypse is a bomb after his appearance in X-Men. I don't know if they would bring him back for X-Cutioner's Song. Although, it would be neat to see Mr. Sinister. And I don't know if people would care enough about Stryfe being an identical clone of Cable either.

However, if they made the after credit scene the "what if" where Xavior is walking... That'd be sweet.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ultimate Doom would be pretty cool.

it's why i'm so pumped about venom. I don't want another movie from the 'hero's' POV, give me antiheros like deadpool or strait up villains to root for.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Fuckin Fox ruining the only villians worth a damn
azVM7vb_700b.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So um, Silver Surfer is in the cast listing?

I googled it cause you only posted a picture made by a third grader not IMDb :p

It’s a metacritic rumor, and SS is still the property of FOX. And it’s a random actor in a universe of A listers. Going to give it a low chance.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

It’s a metacritic rumor, and SS is still the property of FOX. And it’s a random actor in a universe of A listers. Going to give it a low chance.

How in the world can I stir up more hype if I provide actual sources?! Seriously, yeah... I was being somewhat manipulative just to fuel the hype train a bit more. This just popped up on show yesterday as a rumor and a handful of sources are saying this will be used in a flashback at best as part of Thanos/Gamora back story that they've teased in the trailer. Nothing confirmed but still cool they did provide an actor's name leading us to believe there could be some validity to his appearance even if it's brief.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The wife and I were watching Honest Trailers and the voice guy does his requests at the end. The wife heard him do the spiderman/strange bit from the end of the recent trailer and she swears it was familiar to her. I got halfway through showing her the trailer before she got pissed off.

Is that joke from somewhere else?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean the surfer is the guy that said, "oh shit, theres this thanos bloke causing all kinds of shit adam warlock"

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I thought someone posted here that they were going Cosmic; GotG, Ms. Marvel, etc... There is a lot that can be done there and it’s slowly leading to that anyways.

Here’s hoping for Dark Phoenix

There is a X Men Dark Phoenix already going with Sansa Stark. Going to to be still separate. Thats why we know Xmen, even after the purchase, is a long ways from joining this Marvel MCU.

This phase still has IW, Ant Man 2, Marvel, Avengers 4

After that we still have GOTG Confirmed, Spidey 2 confirmed, Strange 2 all but confirmed. They have 2 films slated in 2020, 3 in 2021 and 3 in 2022....

No way there is a reboot on the universe, they will just continue with newer characters and arcs, and likely Cosmic as you mentioned. Then maybe reboot down the line.

Downey has been in what, 8 movies? with two more to go? Cap has been in 7 with 2 to go? Similar Numbers on Thor

This will be just 3 for Star Lord and the Guardians, 3 for Dr Strange, 3 for Panther, 3 for Spidey. Those are your new three MCU leaders after this movie.

My dream is this movie ends with Thanos Defeated and escaping Earth, leaving 1 or 2 major characters dead, with a few minor characters dead as well. Avenger 4 is the remainders joining with some new characters and trying to stop thanos once and for all and succeeding. Close the book on these days and get behind the new 3 big names going forward, and the OG Avengers are all gone. After credits scene sets up a new big bad just like Avengers 1 did with Thanos.

maybe by that point they could tease Doom. But ideally post credits in Avengers 4, Guardians are drifting through space and get a report from Nova Prime of a missing planet. Star Lord - "What do you mean a whole planet is missing?"

Flash across the universe and you see aliens going about their lives, as a Shadow in the shape of Galactus head blocks out the sun. People look up and scream. The End.

Then you get get 5-6 movies setting up for The New Avengers (Avengers 5)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

Disney owns Fox, and thus gained the movie rights to Silver Surfer, Galactus, Wolverine, X-Men, "mutants", heck even Deadpool. Fantastic Four and the Hulk are about the only one's they don't have direct rights to (and Spider-Man, but Sony is sharing). Fox only had distribution rights to F4.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Disney owns Fox, and thus gained the movie rights to Silver Surfer, Galactus, Wolverine, X-Men, "mutants", heck even Deadpool. Fantastic Four and the Hulk are about the only one's they don't have direct rights to (and Spider-Man, but Sony is sharing). Fox only had distribution rights to F4.
Even before the acquisition, they negotiated the re-acclimation of Spidey, which led to Homecoming. I'd think reaching agreement on a Silver Surfer cameo would be far less contentious.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It would be very strange if true and that casting is correct. That guy has not been in anything of note. He's usually an uncredited extra. Like jait said the MCU is full of A-listers and Silver Surfer isn't exactly a chump in the MCU.