Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Could be a good way to start a fight but agreed or disagree?

I somewhat disagree with Black Panther vs. Iron man. Doesn't BP and even Captain America have some pretty crazy level strength and/or healing abilities? BP with the power of the Black Panther and CA having the super solider serum. Doesn't get me wrong, IM probably my favorite Marvel character but with the A:IW trailer, it looks as if IM's suit has been obliterated and as a man, he's pretty well nothing. BP and CA can survive and even content without tech. Maybe i'm a little off trying to transpose from Comics to MCU but just my thought.

BP being above Spider Man is kind of bullshit, especially if he's using the Iron Spider suit. In the Iron Spider (If we assume Tony couldn't just shut it off), Spider Man should easily outclass both Iron Man and BP. I know in the Comics BP fights evenly with Spider Man and Tony uses "spider supressing sound waves" or some shit, and in the Comics Iron Man is a lot stronger, but in terms of the movies? Spider Man is easily stronger. Of course the caveat being that Peter Parker is a kid, and still is kind of shit with his powers, he doesn't even know how to use his Spider sense yet, so meh.

Scarlet Witch at that place on the list is also bullshit. If you're going by the Comics, she's just under Thanos, easily above Ms Marvel, probably even with Strange and the Time stone and King Thor. However, in terms of just what we've seen in the films? She's powerful, sure, but she's a glass cannon. She overwhelmed Vision just because she can work his stone.

Lastly Thor is misplaced. He's above Ms Marvel if he's "King Thor"--fuck if he's truly "King Thor" he'd kick the shit out of them if they all teamed up outside of Strange. But given JUST what we saw in the movies, he's still above everyone except maybe Strange with the eye. Again, if we assume they don't overpower Ms Marvel from how she is in the Comics, which given they've tended to homogenize the most powerful characters downwards, I doubt it--but who knows with the whole "zomg women super heroes ra ra" thing. But certainly, as said, King Thor has been nerfed pretty hard from his comic version.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Spidey should knock BP and Iron Man off the list without question. I'd move Scarlet Witch up a few notches even before she has "leveled up", but aside from that it seems pretty close.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
IM probably my favorite Marvel character but with the A:IW trailer, it looks as if IM's suit has been obliterated and as a man, he's pretty well nothing.
tony-stark-quotes-2.gif

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
BP being above Spider Man is kind of bullshit, especially if he's using the Iron Spider suit. In the Iron Spider (If we assume Tony couldn't just shut it off), Spider Man should easily outclass both Iron Man and BP. I know in the Comics BP fights evenly with Spider Man and Tony uses "spider supressing sound waves" or some shit, and in the Comics Iron Man is a lot stronger, but in terms of the movies? Spider Man is easily stronger. Of course the caveat being that Peter Parker is a kid, and still is kind of shit with his powers, he doesn't even know how to use his Spider sense yet, so meh.

Scarlet Witch at that place on the list is also bullshit. If you're going by the Comics, she's just under Thanos, easily above Ms Marvel, probably even with Strange and the Time stone and King Thor. However, in terms of just what we've seen in the films? She's powerful, sure, but she's a glass cannon. She overwhelmed Vision just because she can work his stone.

Lastly Thor is misplaced. He's above Ms Marvel if he's "King Thor"--fuck if he's truly "King Thor" he'd kick the shit out of them if they all teamed up outside of Strange. But given JUST what we saw in the movies, he's still above everyone except maybe Strange with the eye. Again, if we assume they don't overpower Ms Marvel from how she is in the Comics, which given they've tended to homogenize the most powerful characters downwards, I doubt it--but who knows with the whole "zomg women super heroes ra ra" thing. But certainly, as said, King Thor has been nerfed pretty hard from his comic version.

Black panther in the comics is fucking stupid.
panthersurferdisplay.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Could be a good way to start a fight but agreed or disagree?

I somewhat disagree with Black Panther vs. Iron man. Doesn't BP and even Captain America have some pretty crazy level strength and/or healing abilities? BP with the power of the Black Panther and CA having the super solider serum. Doesn't get me wrong, IM probably my favorite Marvel character but with the A:IW trailer, it looks as if IM's suit has been obliterated and as a man, he's pretty well nothing. BP and CA can survive and even content without tech. Maybe i'm a little off trying to transpose from Comics to MCU but just my thought.

Depends on where the fight is, prep time and if it's to the death.

Iron Man can beat Hulk if he is prepared to fight him with Hulkbusters and has a skyscraper to pile drive him through but can't beat Captain America in a confined space where he can't fly or use missiles, but clearly Hulk could beat Captain America anytime anywhere.

Ant Man could probably beat anyone by sneaking up to them and minimising them. It's pointless to dicsuss really since context is so important. This is what Marvel did right over DC, most heros have a shot at beating the others using their special abilities, whereas Superman will always beat everyone else.

fris

Vyemm Raider
The only power levels from the movies that have me a bit triggered are Hulk not rotfstomping (sorry, fanboy) and BP basically being IM/CA/StarTrek rolled into one. Everyone else, they did a good job of balancing comic powers into the movie universe.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You guys are right that even in nerd sessions, its all about situations.

Sure, you could say Spidey SHOULD crush IM. based on the comics and powers I agree.

But in this universe its 15 year old Spidey still learning how to use his powers and fight against a battle hardened "took a nuke to another galaxy" Iron Man. Iron Man is at his peak and Spidey is on the way up still.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So Scarlet Witch is wrong on that list, because how she's depicted in the movies, but Spidy and Thor are wrong on that list, because who they're depicted in the comics as opposed to the movie?

Make up your mind man.

No, everyone on that list is by the movies. Spiderman in the movies should be higher. He's much stronger than most of them. But I mentioned in this context he's a kid and thus it might make sense he's lower, he clearly doesn't know how to use his powers fully yet. I think they communicated that well in the film. (I referenced him against BP in the comics just to illustrate how fucking dumb the comics can be with "one off" fights). I was referencing the comics with Ms Marvel and Thor because Ms Marvel doesn't have a movie--which is what the video did, you can't do Ms Marvel with anything but the Comics...Which if he's using the Comics to judge Ms Marvel, then that's silly, because King Thor is ridiculous in the Comics and has pretty much kicked the shit out everyone.

And yeah Chris Chris , I agree, its all about context. Spider Man for me gets his boost not from his strength, but just because his senses allow him to control the context more in most fights. But as said, Spider Man is a kid who in the movies clearly struggles with using his powers, so it makes sense in that regard.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Spiderman is similar to Captain America. In an outdoor fight, Ironman can just stay airborne and rain down energy blasts and missiles. He literally can't lose unless Captain America gets to a something like a Quinjet or Spiderman somehow uses his webs to fling things at Ironman. In a confined space then Spiderman would beat Ironman (like he beat Falcon in Civil War) and probably easier than Captain America did.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Only caveat now is Spidey has his Stark suit. Which will probably have anti-air combos for Guile.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Black panther in the comics is fucking stupid.
View attachment 164045
Are you TRYING to summon Lyrical??

I typically don't agree with Charlie on most things, and this is no different. Not to mention I feel it is kind of a cop-out to put the Beyonders at the top, since we have no knowledge of their power in the MCU, and that wasn't really the point of the list I thought. That would be like making a list of the top baseball players and putting God at #1.

Anyway, it isn't worth arguing over rankings because there is always some scenario you can dream up. Like, I don't think that Scarlet Witch (at her current MCU strength) is anywhere near experienced enough to beat Hulk or Thor, but then you just point to where she fucked with their minds and claim victory. And I actually like Scarlet Witch in the MCU far, far more than the comics version (seriously, what's up with that fucking outfit??), so it isn't just me wanting someone I like (Thor, Hulk) to be better than her.