Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Disney owns Fox, and thus gained the movie rights to Silver Surfer, Galactus, Wolverine, X-Men, "mutants", heck even Deadpool. Fantastic Four and the Hulk are about the only one's they don't have direct rights to (and Spider-Man, but Sony is sharing). Fox only had distribution rights to F4.

That legal process is still going on. So yes they could make some deals, but alot of reports are that the process of the sale is going to take quite some time to iron out and they arent going to assume control of the properties into the MCU for even longer. Not until Avengers 4 is out probably,.

It would be very strange if true and that casting is correct. That guy has not been in anything of note. He's usually an uncredited extra. Like jait said the MCU is full of A-listers and Silver Surfer isn't exactly a chump in the MCU.

Unless the Actor is just a CGI stand in until they cast him. I think we got a glimpse of Thanos before Brolin came on.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
other possiblity - if that ending credit was there...have the surfer "announcing" the arrival of Galactus @ the next planet.

similar to this scene--galactus in background, surfer in foreground

galactus3.gif

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It would be very strange if true and that casting is correct. That guy has not been in anything of note. He's usually an uncredited extra. Like jait said the MCU is full of A-listers and Silver Surfer isn't exactly a chump in the MCU.

Many of the MCU "A-Listers" are on the A list because of the MCU. Evans wasn't A-list based on his F4 work and Downey was arguably a has been before IM. Had anyone heard of Tom Holland before Civil War? Just because some rumored Surfer isn't well known doesn't mean it can't be true.

Maybe I'm looking through rose colored glasses due to the overall success of the MCU but Marvel has been pretty amazingly successful at casting and keeping casts together. The only significant re-cast that comes to mind is Cheadle (and I guess Ruffalo if you don't count IM as the start of continuity). Some of the obscure parts are pretty cool the way they turned out too. Did Paul Bettany know he'd be on for a decade+ of work when he signed on for Jarvis voice overs?

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Many of the MCU "A-Listers" are on the A list because of the MCU. Evans wasn't A-list based on his F4 work and Downey was arguably a has been before IM. Had anyone heard of Tom Holland before Civil War? Just because some rumored Surfer isn't well known doesn't mean it can't be true.

There are some exceptions but this guy is literally an uncredited extra in most of his work.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There is a X Men Dark Phoenix already going with Sansa Stark. Going to to be still separate. Thats why we know Xmen, even after the purchase, is a long ways from joining this Marvel MCU.

This phase still has IW, Ant Man 2, Marvel, Avengers 4

After that we still have GOTG Confirmed, Spidey 2 confirmed, Strange 2 all but confirmed. They have 2 films slated in 2020, 3 in 2021 and 3 in 2022....

No way there is a reboot on the universe, they will just continue with newer characters and arcs, and likely Cosmic as you mentioned. Then maybe reboot down the line.

Downey has been in what, 8 movies? with two more to go? Cap has been in 7 with 2 to go? Similar Numbers on Thor

This will be just 3 for Star Lord and the Guardians, 3 for Dr Strange, 3 for Panther, 3 for Spidey. Those are your new three MCU leaders after this movie.

My dream is this movie ends with Thanos Defeated and escaping Earth, leaving 1 or 2 major characters dead, with a few minor characters dead as well. Avenger 4 is the remainders joining with some new characters and trying to stop thanos once and for all and succeeding. Close the book on these days and get behind the new 3 big names going forward, and the OG Avengers are all gone. After credits scene sets up a new big bad just like Avengers 1 did with Thanos.

maybe by that point they could tease Doom. But ideally post credits in Avengers 4, Guardians are drifting through space and get a report from Nova Prime of a missing planet. Star Lord - "What do you mean a whole planet is missing?"

Flash across the universe and you see aliens going about their lives, as a Shadow in the shape of Galactus head blocks out the sun. People look up and scream. The End.

Then you get get 5-6 movies setting up for The New Avengers (Avengers 5)

I said it earlier in the thread, but people said the deal isn't close to finalized enough to draw on those properties. But if you have access to Fox's properties, the end of the Avengers with Spider Man and Dr Strange meeting up, could set up Secret Wars with the Beyonder and Doom perfectly to bring in the Fantastic Four.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider

Yeah, and don't think they are not going to make the most of it. Too bad they blew Star Wars because their StarWars Land is probably going to be pretty awesome. Star Wars though kinda has the life drained out of it. You can't necessarily look back as most of the beloved characters that Disney will showcase will mainly serve as reminders that they're all dead or without a story/purpose.

I hope Disney World receives some Marvel influence as most of the Marvel seems to be on the west coast.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk

Yeah, and don't think they are not going to make the most of it. Too bad they blew Star Wars because their StarWars Land is probably going to be pretty awesome. Star Wars though kinda has the life drained out of it. You can't necessarily look back as most of the beloved characters that Disney will showcase will mainly serve as reminders that they're all dead or without a story/purpose.

I hope Disney World receives some Marvel influence as most of the Marvel seems to be on the west coast.

Disney is severely limited in what they can do with Marvel characters on the east coast due to the original contract that Universal signed with Marvel back in the 1990s. It made stipulations between east and west coast park usage. I imagine this is why Disney world hasn't gone full on Marvel and is focusing on Avatar and Star Wars instead.

• 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I can't seem to remember Thanos' cronies but considering the MCU power levels, how powerful are they compared to the Avengers? I'm mostly talking about Ebony Maw vs Doctor Strange but i'm guessing it's going to be some pairing battles and wasn't sure if they were insanely powerful or parallels to some of the Avenger characters? Guess i'm going to have to do some digging too.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I can't seem to remember Thanos' cronies but considering the MCU power levels, how powerful are they compared to the Avengers? I'm mostly talking about Ebony Maw vs Doctor Strange but i'm guessing it's going to be some pairing battles and wasn't sure if they were insanely powerful or parallels to some of the Avenger characters? Guess i'm going to have to do some digging too.

His children are all on par with Gamora and Nebula. They have vastly different abilities. Maw overpowers Strange and uses him to find the stones. Thanos could give a fuck about any of them so they all compete for his favor.

Edit: I wasn’t shitting on SS earlier. Love him. But there’s no fucking way they’re chucking in a character secretly like that even if there was some super sekret backroom deal. At best you’ll see someone who could be him or Superior Iron Man observing a fight. But it ain’t happening.

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
Haha, that got many chortles. The THANOS system gets my seal of approval.

Not all, just half.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Could be a good way to start a fight but agreed or disagree?

I somewhat disagree with Black Panther vs. Iron man. Doesn't BP and even Captain America have some pretty crazy level strength and/or healing abilities? BP with the power of the Black Panther and CA having the super solider serum. Doesn't get me wrong, IM probably my favorite Marvel character but with the A:IW trailer, it looks as if IM's suit has been obliterated and as a man, he's pretty well nothing. BP and CA can survive and even content without tech. Maybe i'm a little off trying to transpose from Comics to MCU but just my thought.