Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have the opportunity to go to one of the press tours? Supposedly they are showing the first 30 minutes of the movie. Premieres should be in the next couple of weeks or they doing it a couple of nights before the 27th?

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone have the opportunity to go to one of the press tours? Supposedly they are showing the first 30 minutes of the movie. Premieres should be in the next couple of weeks or they doing it a couple of nights before the 27th?
I dunno, for this movie I don't really want any of it to be spoiled because I'm afraid of premature ejaculation, but that could be me. I'd rather have the orgy experience on day 1 in the theater.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
New trailers make this look like it is going to be Black Panther 2.0 . At the very least the focus seems to be on wakanda again, and wakanda saving the day helping people out now that they aren't super isolationists. Pretty disappointed at this, hopefully I'm wrong.

• 1SJW
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
pretty easy bet that one of the yet to be found infinity stones are in wakanda, probably easy to keep production going after BP to film some IW scenes on teh same set/location. aside from the setting being there, i suspect it won't feel like BP Part 2

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I mean...if you look at the battle scenes in the trailer there are at least 3 locations they face thanos. One possibly being Titan.

Wakanda is the location of the soul gem so it makes sense for thanos to send his armies there. The other ones thanos can just do a smash and grab and run off. He doesn't need a complete army to grab those gems, wakanda is probably the largest resistance.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or The Avengers realize Thanos wants the stone in Visions head, so they turtle up in Wakanda.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
New York and Wakanda are the two for sure locations we see him going for gems, Titan is likely the third. Wakanda is probably the only place that has an actual army to stand up with (in addition to having, y'know, a forcefield protecting their gem) so that's why the big goon-battle is there.

Nysus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or they just edited the trailers to try to capitalize on the Black Panther momentum...

• 1Blown

spronk

FPS noob
Just started my rewatch of MCU, I haven't watched Iron Man in like a decade and forgot how good it really is. That whole Iron Man v0.0 suit sequence is fucking god tier comic book shit. looks gorgeous in 4k HDR too

also Gwenyth Paltrow for all her hippie bullshit is hot as fuuuuuck

Last edited:
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
New trailers make this look like it is going to be Black Panther 2.0 . At the very least the focus seems to be on wakanda again, and wakanda saving the day helping people out now that they aren't super isolationists. Pretty disappointed at this, hopefully I'm wrong.

Dunno, but you can't blame them. Black Panther just topped fucking Titanic and is now the all-time No. 3 movie behind The Force Awakens and Avatar in the US.

That movie is insanely popular.

• 1Smuggly

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I mean...if you look at the battle scenes in the trailer there are at least 3 locations they face thanos. One possibly being Titan.

Wakanda is the location of the soul gem so it makes sense for thanos to send his armies there. The other ones thanos can just do a smash and grab and run off. He doesn't need a complete army to grab those gems, wakanda is probably the largest resistance.

He doesn’t need an army for any of them

This is a guy who took an Infinity Stone infused Mjolinar to the face and smiled before crushing Thor. They’ll need to explain why he needs an army for Kangz.

Edit:

I don’t want this to happen. At all.

But I assume they introduced Hela for a reason. And not Loki’s Hela either. I’m really thinking Thanos is going off to save her at some point after learning what happened in Ragnarok leaving his children to finish the job until he comes back.

There’s very little reason to make her seem so much more like Mistress Death and not Loki’s daughter that I’m dreading that’s exactly what they’re planning. Will give them the respite until Part 2

Last edited:

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Thanos' power fluctuates so randomly (just like most Marvel characters) didn't blackbolt fuck him up once ? and then in others he single handedly kicks the shit out of 10 heroes. (this is no-infinity stone Thanos).

In the comics Thanos sends blackdwarf and an army of dudes to Wakanda to grab a stone, he doesn't actually show up there in the comic. in the trailer it looks like he teleports in with the space stone after the battle has been going on a while.

It may have been mentioned in this thread, but i like the idea that the reason thanos has waited so long to come to earth is because the ancient one was stopping him and now strange without dormamu's power aiding him can't quite keep it as safe as the ancient one did.

someone above was also asking about the black coven, a quick break down -

- Corvus Glaive - great tactician (Capt America level), really good at stabbing things, immortal as long as his glaive is around. he fucks up the hulk with the help of his wife - hard to place how strong he is.
- Proxima midnight - wife of corvus, has a spear that turns into energy when thrown, i think you see someone catch it in the trailer, spear "was forged in the heart of a dying star" so can have immense gravity (enough to hold down the hulk) it also does a weird thing where it splits into 3 energy bolts when thrown. she's mainly a bruiser that i would place around Thor's level of power (comic Thor)
- black dwarf - (named cull obsidian in the movie) just a bruiser, really strong but gets destroyed by gladiator and a skrull warlord in the comics -
- ebony maw - powers of manipulation, and for it to work on one of the strongest minds in the universe (strange) he's probably the most dangerous of the group shows no combat ability in the comics
- supergiant - a telekinetic, able to mind control iceman for a while, dismantles the x-men pretty easily but i dont think she's in the movie - i think they are going to combine ebony maw and super giant into one character for sake of time/casting/abilities

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Odin also pimp slaps Thanos around in the comics so his death opens the door as well.

• 1Solidarity

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thanos' power fluctuates so randomly (just like most Marvel characters) didn't blackbolt fuck him up once ? and then in others he single handedly kicks the shit out of 10 heroes. (this is no-infinity stone Thanos).

In the comics Thanos sends blackdwarf and an army of dudes to Wakanda to grab a stone, he doesn't actually show up there in the comic. in the trailer it looks like he teleports in with the space stone after the battle has been going on a while.

It may have been mentioned in this thread, but i like the idea that the reason thanos has waited so long to come to earth is because the ancient one was stopping him and now strange without dormamu's power aiding him can't quite keep it as safe as the ancient one did.

someone above was also asking about the black coven, a quick break down -

- Corvus Glaive - great tactician (Capt America level), really good at stabbing things, immortal as long as his glaive is around. he fucks up the hulk with the help of his wife - hard to place how strong he is.
- Proxima midnight - wife of corvus, has a spear that turns into energy when thrown, i think you see someone catch it in the trailer, spear "was forged in the heart of a dying star" so can have immense gravity (enough to hold down the hulk) it also does a weird thing where it splits into 3 energy bolts when thrown. she's mainly a bruiser that i would place around Thor's level of power (comic Thor)
- black dwarf - (named cull obsidian in the movie) just a bruiser, really strong but gets destroyed by gladiator and a skrull warlord in the comics -
- ebony maw - powers of manipulation, and for it to work on one of the strongest minds in the universe (strange) he's probably the most dangerous of the group shows no combat ability in the comics
- supergiant - a telekinetic, able to mind control iceman for a while, dismantles the x-men pretty easily but i dont think she's in the movie - i think they are going to combine ebony maw and super giant into one character for sake of time/casting/abilities

Yeah. They can do whatever they want. But taking it all at face value there’s nothing that’s been introduced in the MCU that can defeat or come close to Basic Thanos. And he appears to be Basic. No implants, natural skin. Even squints at the sun. But he also clearly has one or two stones before he meets the Wakandans.

I haven’t seen Inhumans. You mentioned B.B. tho and I remember watching the Ad and thinking he’d have the final Infinity Stone through Karnak and end up shitting on Thanos’s nude walk through Earths champions.

Edit: The reason B.B. could work is that he understands how to use the stones. No one introduced other than Thanos can utilize them. They use them like using a nuke as a battery for a Walkman. Doctor Strange is the exception but even there they barely understand how to use it after thousands of years of study. Thanos on the other hand....

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
inhumans is pretty terrible for a show, not even as good as agents of shield and thats a pretty low bar. i hope they don't use them in infinity war pt 2 the actor playing blackbolt doesn't even look right for the role, they need someone more commanding on screen, like "the rock" sized but can show emotion through facial expressions other than just looking confused.

spoiler isn't a real spoiler, just a youtube video where someone did a breakdown of the "chant" trailer and something they noticed about thanos gauntlet not seen in other trailers.

I watched a trailer breakdown today of the "chant" trailer and the scene with Thanos stepping out of the portal into Wakanda, he distinctly has 4 gems in the gauntlet. so that may be some Thor:ragnarok trailer like editing, or he really is going to get busy. In this trailer at like 2:30

• 1Like