Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You can reorder the universe, make plants that sprout loaves of bread, and make them grow with virtually no water or light in crap soil....
Make it rain donuts on a regular basis, even though the Simpsons did it....

If you're all powerful there are no limits.. right?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So the Russos explained Hulk as not wanting to come out in Infinity War because he is tired of saving Bruce or coming out only when he needs to fight. I can see them wanting to go that way, but it still seems like Hulk was just being a little bitch after getting punked out by Thanos than what they wanted to convey on screen.

Yeah, definitely came across like "nah, fuck that, Wakandan straight boxed me unconscious, I ain't bout that shit, your turn." And Bruce is like, "K." It also seemed as though Bruce himself was also pretty freaked, and couldn't get angry. Though courage is acting in the face of fear. The internal conflict in Ragnarok, Thor toying with Banner and Hulk, basically being used. We also haven't gotten much Bruce screen time, either, especially in action, so that was cool (even if the actor is a hippy liberal faggot IRL). Any way you slice it, it was an interesting take on the character.

I almost thought it might be a CGI cop out, but then he's in the Buster suit the whole time. And still managed to be a bad ass.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Yeah, definitely came across like "nah, fuck that, Wakandan straight boxed me unconscious, I ain't bout that shit, your turn." And Bruce is like, "K." It also seemed as though Bruce himself was also pretty freaked, and couldn't get angry. Though courage is acting in the face of fear. The internal conflict in Ragnarok, Thor toying with Banner and Hulk, basically being used. We also haven't gotten much Bruce screen time, either, especially in action, so that was cool (even if the actor is a hippy liberal faggot IRL). Any way you slice it, it was an interesting take on the character.

I almost thought it might be a CGI cop out, but then he's in the Buster suit the whole time. And still managed to be a bad ass.

I didn't mind it being Bruce the whole movie. I like Ruffalo, even if I want to slap him silly whenever I hear him talk politics. They just have to have a clearer plot arc if they don't want to confuse people. I assume Hulk isn't going to get as much plot time next movie so they have to spell it out clearly fast.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I didn't mind it being Bruce the whole movie. I like Ruffalo, even if I want to slap him silly whenever I hear him talk politics. They just have to have a clearer plot arc if they don't want to confuse people. I assume Hulk isn't going to get as much plot time next movie so they have to spell it out clearly fast.

Hulk is also probably still upset about this...

tumblr_p30xkzveX61r05bkco3_540.gif

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Jive Turkey

Karen

This was exactly what I thought. With the Black Order, the movie is incredibly CG heavy. So much so that War Machine looks jenky as fuck at the end when everyone is turning to dust.
The Buster suit is also obviously a lot of CG, but metal needs a lot less polishing and finessing than skin does

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking about going back to see it again as well. Which is something I don't think I've ever done. Just so much going on in this movie I think it deserves a second viewing.

i saw it a second time on Monday, first time i've ever seen a movie in theater twice.

was definitely glad to go again, i caught so much more the second time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Thanos is a lunatic :p with that much power there are definitely other ways he could have taught people to straighten the fuck up.
All powerful, mind and reality gems, just make everyone holistic and the universe at perfect equilibrium.... But that doesn't make for interesting viewing.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i saw it a second time on Monday, first time i've ever seen a movie in theater twice.

was definitely glad to go again, i caught so much more the second time.

I am going for my fourth time on Sunday, taking my sister to see it while her husband watches the kids.

• 1Solidarity

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
He could have just made half to two thirds of the universe sterile... but yeah, not particularly exciting...

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
He could have just made half to two thirds of the universe sterile... but yeah, not particularly exciting...

You are a stupid faggot.

How exciting and emotional would it be seeing half the characters going “huh, all of a sudden my dick or pussy feels funny,h no I don’t think I can have babies”

What a blockbuster that would be.

The point isn’t about being the best plan to satisfy neck beard Internet incels, it’s what action would be the best stakes in a comic book and movie.

Jesus fucking Christ this board is full of faggots. Arguing the actions of a fucking alien as to what would be more practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 2Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So the Russos explained Hulk as not wanting to come out in Infinity War because he is tired of saving Bruce or coming out only when he needs to fight. I can see them wanting to go that way, but it still seems like Hulk was just being a little bitch after getting punked out by Thanos than what they wanted to convey on screen.

I look at it this way... Hulk, as a consciousness , possibly only learns and develops when he's the dominant personality. Counting all the time Banner has spent as Hulk that makes Hulk effectively what? A 6-7 year old (including being Hulk for multiple years leading into Ragnarok). Have you ever tried to get a 6-7 year old to do things on command when they don't want to? This would also explain why it was so long before Hulk started verbalizing.

• 2Like

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
First, I really liked Infinity War and Thanos. It was an awesome movie.

I am a big hulk fan, and I hate the way they did the Hulk in this movie. It is not the fact that he isn't in it as much as I would like, as it makes him look like a baby.They really need to let him Hulk out and keep getting more angry as he takings a beating. Even if he was afraid of Thanos, I wouldn't imagine him cowering and refusing to hulk out. I mean, he loves to smash crap. He was going to take on Sultur who is stronger than Thanos (according to comic book geeks). Why wouldn't he be up to smashing some weak aliens on Wakanda. I just hate the whole arc they went with him on this movie. I feel like the Hulk is always ready to smash, and enjoys fighting, even if he is going to lose. Making him over think stuff seems stupid. Banner should be the thinker, and when Banner fails with brains, Hulk takes over and just smashes it. And if he fails, he keeps getting angrier and smashing it more.

I am glad that Thor is getting more and more powerful over his movies. I feel like they slowly have built him up and his growth in power fits the universe.

I really like how Tony has adapted with technology and became stronger through the movies. Thor has gained strength. Captain America remains rock solid in his ideals and doing what is right. They have done well with all of those characters. Then I feel like they screwed up the Hulk starting with Ragnarok. I was willing to overlook it because I was like, okay Disney just wants him to be like a "Bro" to Thor. And they can be smashing buddies while adding some comedy because he can talk. To be honest, I have lost interest (which takes a lot, I liked the Eric Bana hulk and Ed Norton movies), in his arc in part 4. I don't care for a thinking Hulk, that is what the other members are for. Hulk should be the loose canon, use at last resort, mass destruction. I am now more interested in Thor and Iron man.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
First, I really liked Infinity War and Thanos. It was an awesome movie.

I am a big hulk fan, and I hate the way they did the Hulk in this movie. It is not the fact that he isn't in it as much as I would like, as it makes him look like a baby.They really need to let him Hulk out and keep getting more angry as he takings a beating. Even if he was afraid of Thanos, I wouldn't imagine him cowering and refusing to hulk out. I mean, he loves to smash crap. He was going to take on Sultur who is stronger than Thanos (according to comic book geeks). Why wouldn't he be up to smashing some weak aliens on Wakanda. I just hate the whole arc they went with him on this movie. I feel like the Hulk is always ready to smash, and enjoys fighting, even if he is going to lose. Making him over think stuff seems stupid. Banner should be the thinker, and when Banner fails with brains, Hulk takes over and just smashes it. And if he fails, he keeps getting angrier and smashing it more.

I am glad that Thor is getting more and more powerful over his movies. I feel like they slowly have built him up and his growth in power fits the universe.

I really like how Tony has adapted with technology and became stronger through the movies. Thor has gained strength. Captain America remains rock solid in his ideals and doing what is right. They have done well with all of those characters. Then I feel like they screwed up the Hulk starting with Ragnarok. I was willing to overlook it because I was like, okay Disney just wants him to be like a "Bro" to Thor. And they can be smashing buddies while adding some comedy because he can talk. To be honest, I have lost interest (which takes a lot, I liked the Eric Bana hulk and Ed Norton movies), in his arc in part 4. I don't care for a thinking Hulk, that is what the other members are for. Hulk should be the loose canon, use at last resort, mass destruction. I am now more interested in Thor and Iron man.

He's not really a "thinking" hulk though. As people have said, he's basically a 7 year old. And you mention Surtur, but he never actually engaged Surtur -- he likely would have gotten his ass handed to him there as well, no? You also say Surtur is more powerful than Thanos, but Thanos already had 1 gem when he tooled Hulk, so that might be questionable?

Personally I like seeing it through the lens of a simple-minded (7 year old equiv) smash-badass who for the first time gets his ass just completely obliterated. If you really watch the Thanos/Hulk fight at the beginning in detail, Thanos knows how to fight, AND he's empowered by the stone -- he opens with a crippling hit to the trap (accompanied by an audible pain grunt, with a hint of unfamiliarity, from Hulk), then proceeds to wreck his shit with equal strength/power, and far superior fighting skill. I fucking LOVE that fight depiction.

Also, not sure if any of you have ever been hit in the trap before, but that shit hurts like a motherfucker, and actually is crippling. They did some good homework before designing that fight scene, IMO.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Also, not sure if any of you have ever been hit in the trap before, but that shit hurts like a motherfucker, and actually is crippling.
I'll thank you to leave my chick with a dick out of this conversation! He/she is very special to me.

• 1Worf

drazon

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's not really a "thinking" hulk though. As people have said, he's basically a 7 year old. And you mention Surtur, but he never actually engaged Surtur -- he likely would have gotten his ass handed to him there as well, no? You also say Surtur is more powerful than Thanos, but Thanos already had 1 gem when he tooled Hulk, so that might be questionable?

Personally I like seeing it through the lens of a simple-minded (7 year old equiv) smash-badass who for the first time gets his ass just completely obliterated. If you really watch the Thanos/Hulk fight at the beginning in detail, Thanos knows how to fight, AND he's empowered by the stone -- he opens with a crippling hit to the trap (accompanied by an audible pain grunt, with a hint of unfamiliarity, from Hulk), then proceeds to wreck his shit with equal strength/power, and far superior fighting skill. I fucking LOVE that fight depiction.

Also, not sure if any of you have ever been hit in the trap before, but that shit hurts like a motherfucker, and actually is crippling. They did some good homework before designing that fight scene, IMO.

Avengers: Infinity War Co-Director Explains Why Hulk and Bruce Banner Have a Problem - IGN

So the directors basically came out and said he isn't afraid. He is just tired of being used to fight. Lame imo. I am not disputing what the MCU hulk is, I realize he thinks like a 7 year old. I realized he was out classed by Thanos. Not denying any of that. I am just disappointed because I wanted to see more Hulk action. I don't enjoy the Hulk for any level of thinking. I enjoy the loose canon destruction he brings to the table.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Hulk has too much toxic masculinity. Must be pussified.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Avengers: Infinity War Co-Director Explains Why Hulk and Bruce Banner Have a Problem - IGN

So the directors basically came out and said he isn't afraid. He is just tired of being used to fight. Lame imo. I am not disputing what the MCU hulk is, I realize he thinks like a 7 year old. I realized he was out classed by Thanos. Not denying any of that. I am just disappointed because I wanted to see more Hulk action. I don't enjoy the Hulk for any level of thinking. I enjoy the loose canon destruction he brings to the table.

Yeaaahh, that's a pretty fucking lame excuse. When does he want to be used then, to play chess? Have a tea party? He's the fucking Hulk. Hulk smash. Period.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
so if hulk refuses to come out and one of the children of thanos smashes bruce banner would he die?

• 1Like