Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Juvarisx

Florida
???.jpg

1521552447841.jpg

Google her ass...she really doesn't have one, its not Marvels fault. Her assets are elsewhere.

edit. just realized what you were replaying to, but the point still stands

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
VOD Streams of Infinity War will be available in 2 days on 7/31 on Vudu, Google, Amazon Prime, etc. actual 4k UHDs will come out in 2 weeks, Aug 14th

email-pst-infWar-PO.jpg

l8hx43h4eh

The steelbook exclusive at best buy is beautiful

fdk2pjfquqy01.png

(Best Buy UHD comes with digital code too)
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/avenge...ultra-hd-blu-ray-2018/6237320.p?skuId=6237320

Vudu
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/details/title/914764

Amazon
(not sure what the difference is)

iTunes
Avengers: Infinity War on iTunes

Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/movies/details/Avengers_Infinity_War?id=OxzKb4a1Qc4&hl=en_US

Fandango Now
https://www.fandangonow.com/details...war-2018/MMV552ABEBFB331BD489BA187DC6FB481A7B

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
I double dipped and bought the vudu UHD streaming version and the best buy steelbook UHD disc which won't arrive for 2 more weeks. The streaming version is drop dead beautiful, it has Dolby Vision and ATMOS encoding whereas the disc UHD is ONLY HDR10. I'm not gonna bullshit and pretend I can really notice the difference but I watched the first few mins on the Vudu app on my LG TV and it is so beautiful it makes me weep. Verified Dolby Vision and ATMOS are coming through as well.

dumb thing is how picky everything is, only the built in LG vudu app will stream in Dolby Vision, if you try to use a PC or an amazon fire it will only do HDR. All this 4k/Dolby Vision/HDR/UHD/ATMOS stuff is still way, way too complicated.

nice thing is if you connect your MoviesAnywhere to vudu it also redeems the same movie on amazon prime, itunes, google play, etc. But only vudu seems to have the dolby vision 4k stream, whereas if you buy on one of those sites ($19.99) you only get the "HDX" version of the movie. The UHD version on vudu is $5 more.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Vudu has commentary (others may too, Amazon doesn't though because they still haven't figured out how to reasonably display bonus features) and though I was only able to listen to the first 30 minutes tonight... it's awesome.

• 1Like

Brad2770

Why buy that single version when we are only one more movie away from one giant phase one box set? That’s what I’m waiting for.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I double dipped and bought the vudu UHD streaming version and the best buy steelbook UHD disc which won't arrive for 2 more weeks. The streaming version is drop dead beautiful, it has Dolby Vision and ATMOS encoding whereas the disc UHD is ONLY HDR10. I'm not gonna bullshit and pretend I can really notice the difference but I watched the first few mins on the Vudu app on my LG TV and it is so beautiful it makes me weep. Verified Dolby Vision and ATMOS are coming through as well.

dumb thing is how picky everything is, only the built in LG vudu app will stream in Dolby Vision, if you try to use a PC or an amazon fire it will only do HDR. All this 4k/Dolby Vision/HDR/UHD/ATMOS stuff is still way, way too complicated.

nice thing is if you connect your MoviesAnywhere to vudu it also redeems the same movie on amazon prime, itunes, google play, etc. But only vudu seems to have the dolby vision 4k stream, whereas if you buy on one of those sites ($19.99) you only get the "HDX" version of the movie. The UHD version on vudu is $5 more.
I double dipped also.

Bought the Best Buy 4k Steel Book version, then went to amazon.co.uk to buy the 3D version. Shame they no longer sell US 3D versions. Only UK, so I have to double-buy all of my Marvel movies now.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
SO the wife and I watched this tonight... And here is where I get negged into the ground but, I don't think it holds up all that great on repeated viewings. At least it didn't for me with some of the more glaring plot issues. (which admittedly you get when trying to write a decent story containing all powerful McGuffins, but still...)

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
what are some of the plot holes? I don't really consider Thanos' plan of eliminating half of all life a plot hole -- he is a bit insane, as people said above its a visceral reaction to his people rejecting his ideas and then them going extinct, and finally I think he feels it would kickstart a "how do we achieve equilibrium with nature" discussion amongst most civilizations after they recover. Those that fail would die off, but at least he's given most societies a chance to recover from rampant expansion.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK....
A) Once he has the time stone all he has to do it hop backwards in time to get the mind stone while it was still in the staff, at any given point, without the heroes having a chance to know to try to destroy it.
B) Destroying half of all life is at best a temporary solution. The whole problem is that population outpaces resources. All you'd do would be set the clock back some on population and have to wipe half the universe again in a few generations later. The starvation and suffering he was trying to "avoid" is the natural solution to the problem.
C) Strange's no cash having buddy lopped the arm off someone using a portal snapping shut, why didn't Strange do the same to him on Titan. lopping off the gauntlet, then poof, gauntlet either far away, or in a pocket dimension.

With all that said it's still a nice action popcorn flick. But I don't now put it on the level people were of "This is their Wrath of Khan/Empire". The other issue I had which is something of a "meta issue", even with it at original release, is that if they had wanted some real sustained drama they wouldn't have dusted characters they'd already announced sequels/etc for. If they had just wiped a TON of support characters there would have possibly been real suspense of people "not making it back.."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
  1. Any time you introduce time travel you immediately get plotholes and paradoxes. Just gotta suspend disbelief.
  2. The reason for the 50% made more sense in the comics, they had to tweak the reason for the movies, and there's really only one way to do so and keep your villain empathetic - killing a bunch of people saves the rest.
  3. Who knows. magic. There's a million superpowers that would seem to be an "I Win" button and yet they are never used in such a manner.
  4. That was my only minor issue with the film as well, the amount of characters and the prominence of some of them made it clear there was no way they would stay dead, but the intriguing thing is if you switch it around and think about the next movie - will they bring everyone back, or will the survivors have to sacrifice themselves to reverse the dead? Even though the deaths in this installment don't seem very permanent, the deaths in the sequel may be.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
a. Thanos is very goal driven, his only goal is to get all six infinity stones and wipe out half of all life to prove he is right. The fastest method is to simply rewind a few minutes, get that stone, snap, and he is done. It doesn't really make any sense to rewind even further back and redo stuff he had to do, ESPECIALLY reliving everything with Gamora.

b. again like I said earlier he is not thinking a permanent, "this fixes the universe for eternity" kind of solution. He had a chance to save his people, they denied him, he saw the results. He is obsessed with that failure in his life and wants to show that he was in fact right all along. Earth may crank up its shit back up to super global warming again after 50% dead or they may become a peaceful, harmonious planet like apparently Gamora's planet and probably many others became after Thanos wiped out half the population.

Think about it, if you go on a crusade and kill half the planet on 100 planets and come back 10 years later and everything is super chill and cool and the people are all "thanks Thanos, you showed us the way", wouldn't you want to do it to EVERYWHERE as fast as possible? One planet at a time is so slow if you have 1 trillion societies left.

c. you can sorta hand wave this as the infinity gauntlet cannot be pushed thru a dr. strange portal, maybe thanos' people are resistant to those magic portals, etc

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just have to think in real terms where modern civilization wouldn't exist if you wiped half of us out. My own software development team wouldn't be able to progress with half its members. There's only so much that can be accomplished with half as many people. His actions only slowed progress. The more people, the more minds, the more ideas, opportunities. Why do you think the world has seen such a dramatic leap forward at a similar rate to our population growth? He's like the Trump wall of ingenuity. I'll admit there is a wall to existence, how many people a planet can sustain, but trying to impact that arbitrarily? Really? Especially coming from a guy who proclaims omnipotence, godhood. This was his solution? It's Q all over again. Some dick with power and a lack of intelligence controlling it. If only one of the stones provided creativity...

Without Thanos being dick hard for Lady Death, his reasoning is balls to the wall stupid as fuck. I still quite enjoyed the movie, nitpicking aside.

• 2Like

Tsar Bomba

Molten Core Raider
Ragnarok showed her girlfriend dying for her. And how upset she was with Loki for seeing it. I suppose it could have been interpreted differently but even my kids got the gist...

I assume what Disney really means is there will be some PG gay stuff. Maybe even a hug! In 2047 when they remake it I hope they include a big Valkyrie Siaynoq scene.

Tessa Thompson is bi in real life... So I'm not surprised.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not every species / civilization is going to scale the same way that humans do as well. But if the snap forced a male:female ratio on region and almost 100% of the departed in China were males that might actually solve some problems. Assuming of course it was mainly the uneducated poor and not anyone with an IT job or higher. Just the poor, lower class people. Thanos for the 1%.

• 2Like