Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
MCU Hulk is way toned down from comic Hulk. Hulk being the magic bullet for lesser bad guys (ie: Loki) is just fun, but the Boss at the end of the zone? Nah, can't solo that stuff homebrew. I think Hulk should/would have had a much bigger throw down with him than what they portrayed, but I also kind of dug the no nonsense down and dirty way Thanos just ended it quickly and efficiently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
As far as if Thanos could beat the Hulk or not:

Thanos already had the Power Stone. That should allow him to defeat the Hulk through brute force. Hell, in the Infinity Gauntlet comic, he defeats pretty much all the Marvel heroes using only the Power Gem by itself to augment his base abilities

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hulk-is-Thanos-Pet-in-Marvel-Comics-768x384.jpg

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As far as if Thanos could beat the Hulk or not:

Thanos already had the Power Stone. That should allow him to defeat the Hulk through brute force. Hell, in the Infinity Gauntlet comic, he defeats pretty much all the Marvel heroes using only the Power Gem by itself to augment his base abilities
was the power gem glowing when he fought Hulk?

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
no it wasn't. the directors confirmed that thanos DIDN'T use the power gem when fighting hulk. hulk in the comics vs MCU hulk are just two completely different entities. iron man beat hulk in avengers 2, remember. to be honest, I don't actually remember the last time hulk won a 1v1 fight. I mean, he clearly did on sakaar, but they didn't show any of those wins.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
mcu hulk, just hulk smashes, if you rewatch the fight hulk just goes and tries to "beat down" Thanos. While Thanos uses wrist manipulation, then a throat strike, he blocks and counters hulk, heck in quick succession he gets like 3 jabs, an elbow and then a knee to the face, then gives a liver shot, then he's slammed.

hulk is just a brute, clearly he's learned nothing from valkrye. While Thanos personally trained "the most dangerous woman"

• 2Like

Maul

Dental Dammer
Please can someone tell me if Hulk is going to smash in the next film. So fucking disappointed in his appearance in this film. Hoping scarlett (as much as I love looking at her titties and ass) gets killed and it turns him beast mode on an apocolyptic scale.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Took me a bit to realize you meant Johannsen (Widow) and not Scarlet Witch. I'm like "why the fuck would he give two shits about SW being dusted?"

I'd say the chance of seeing some fun Hulk Smash in A4 is roughly 102.4%, give or take 2.5%

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Took me a bit to realize you meant Johannsen (Widow) and not Scarlet Witch. I'm like "why the fuck would he give two shits about SW being dusted?"

I'd say the chance of seeing some fun Hulk Smash in A4 is roughly 102.4%, give or take 2.5%
Yeah sorry, Johannson, fuck scarlett witch and her emo shit.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

I want to say that one of the Russo brothers confirmed this after people were complaining about Hulk refusing to come out in A3. Either way, I agree. They've showed the gun in Act 1, they're gonna use it in Act 2.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah in the back of my mind i always wonder if Hulk was toned down in A3 for story reasons or because Mark Ruffalo wanted more face/screen time. The Russos though have bought enough faith in their quality so far for me to believe in them though and feel they always put story first. Even Iron Man was mostly in the suit I think, unlike IM3 where you could definitely tell he wanted more face time.

Also Hulk was really great in Thor 3 and it was like 90% CGI so I don't think Ruffalo is a dick actor or anything (cough Jennifer Lawrence and Mystique)

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thor3 hulk was best hulk(and thor) probably largely due to taikiki waiki, dear god i hope he doesn't have a seedy pedo past.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Hulk woulda annihilated the Children of Thanos that were in Wakanda which is probably partly why they kept him as Banner in Hulk Buster. Other then Ebony Maw none of them really would have stood a chance which would have made them more underwhelming then they already were. I am sure they will have him more Hulk in Part 2 when there is way less Avengers to fight Thanos.

I will say the problem with the Children is that they had a hard time showing their power other then Ebony. I am basing my above statement off that since they had a hard time with the rest of the Avengers as it was.

• 1Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
There was supposedly leaked concept art for A4 not long ago showing Hulk wearing some new armor, saw speculation that he'll be "Professor Hulk," a hybrid of Hulk and Banner rather than the mindless beast we've seen thus far. This makes sense, whether its real or not you had to be figuring that when Hulk does make his inevitable reappearance in A4 that he'd have some new kind of powers from going through this identity crisis.

Cause yeah, about the only disappointing thing in Infinity War for me was the lack of Hulk smashing. Movie was damn near perfect. And I can even appreciate the Hulk's absence knowing that in the next movie when things get real with the OG Avengers + Captain Marvel, Hulk is going to come back and Smash better than ever. Looking forward to those two movies so much.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Personally I was satisfied with the one Hulk fight we got to see. Something about Thanos just wrecking him the way he did was very satisfying for Thanos's movie.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There was supposedly leaked concept art for A4 not long ago showing Hulk wearing some new armor, saw speculation that he'll be "Professor Hulk," a hybrid of Hulk and Banner rather than the mindless beast we've seen thus far. This makes sense, whether its real or not you had to be figuring that when Hulk does make his inevitable reappearance in A4 that he'd have some new kind of powers from going through this identity crisis.

Cause yeah, about the only disappointing thing in Infinity War for me was the lack of Hulk smashing. Movie was damn near perfect. And I can even appreciate the Hulk's absence knowing that in the next movie when things get real with the OG Avengers + Captain Marvel, Hulk is going to come back and Smash better than ever. Looking forward to those two movies so much.
something like this?
4594747-3926424-2913700827-ff0a2.jpg

this was in 2012 infinity, corvus and proxima beat up hulk.

• 2Like

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Personally I was satisfied with the one Hulk fight we got to see. Something about Thanos just wrecking him the way he did was very satisfying for Thanos's movie.

Yeah it was a great, sobering way to start that movie. Seeing the two baddest avengers get rocked by him in the first 5 minutes told you right away this wasn't going to be your typical storyline.

• 2Like