Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love how most of the bad reviews are not about if the movie is awful obut because there is violence in the movie.

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Picked up my copy at Kroger LoL... it was just sitting there near the checkout, baiting me to purchase. I got the $19.99 no-extras copy. Idk if I'll regret that but what are extras anyway? A watch-it-once addendum? I think I'll live. Watched the first 20 minutes; glad to see it not on my comp monitor for once.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Picked up my copy at Kroger LoL... it was just sitting there near the checkout, baiting me to purchase. I got the $19.99 no-extras copy. Idk if I'll regret that but what are extras anyway? A watch-it-once addendum? I think I'll live. Watched the first 20 minutes; glad to see it not on my comp monitor for once.

The extras on my Amazon digital purchase are a "Director's round table" (somewhat entertaining, somewhat cringe-inducing) and about 20 minutes of deleted scenes. Nothing injected into the movie itself, as far as I could tell it was same as theatrical release.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Full list of bonus features
What Are Avengers: Infinity War's Bonus Features?

On Vudu I also have a "Director's Roundtable" and "Road to Infinity War" clips

and yeah the bluray/streams are all the theatrical release, nothing added or deleted. Its the 16:9 transfer, the IMAX version is not available for home purchase at this time. Which is a reminder that the IMAX version of Infinity War will be playing in theaters Sep 3d and 5th in full glorious IMAX and thats the only way to see that version for now. The movie was filmed with Arris IMAX cameras, one of the few (I think only 2 this year?) filmed that way.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spronk are you sure it is 16:9? I thought for sure when I watched it, I had to zoom things out to fill out my screen which would mean it is scope ratio, more like 2.35:1.

• 1WTF

spronk

FPS noob
Spronk are you sure it is 16:9? I thought for sure when I watched it, I had to zoom things out to fill out my screen which would mean it is scope ratio, more like 2.35:1.

i can't tell the difference ever and don't even know what 16:9 or 2.35:1 even means tbh (other than those pictures people put up to show how much "more" stuff on the sides you get) but here is the back of the UHD

x6SkdqyEkw4L_dcUvQSGKAp2NEQFo2PY6p1cBPW10Kk.jpg

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
i can't tell the difference ever and don't even know what 16:9 or 2.35:1 even means tbh (other than those pictures people put up to show how much "more" stuff on the sides you get) but here is the back of the UHD

Weird that it shows both as 16:9 and 2.39:1 are totally different. My copy was 100% 2.39:1 with no aspect ratio switching.

if you are watching this on a normal HDTV and you see black bars on the top and the bottom - it is 2.39:1. If it fully fills the screen, it is 16:9. If it switches back and forth like most of Christopher Nolan's films, it means portions were filmed in Imax.

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so i watched this again and i have a question. when Thanos wakes up at the last scene, is he back on his home planet? if so then is he altering reality using the Reality stone because of the lush vegetation? also could Gamorah still be alive because she was in that scene with him as a little girl, just stuck in the Soul Stone? some of that stuff was really odd the way it transitions from real to visions.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
so i watched this again and i have a question. when Thanos wakes up at the last scene, is he back on his home planet? if so then is he altering reality using the Reality stone because of the lush vegetation? also could Gamorah still be alive because she was in that scene with him as a little girl, just stuck in the Soul Stone? some of that stuff was really odd the way it transitions from real to visions.

I think that end scene of him relaxing on a lush planet is a nod to the original comics’ “Farmer Thanos,” but who knows.

Gamora being “retrievable” from the stone is one of the many theories while we wait for the finale.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The assumption is that he is on Gamora's home planet, because he refers to how he turned it into a paradise after killing half of them. Also, as Seananigans Seananigans points out, it is a nod to the comic. If you look really closely and quickly on the right of the screen, there is actually a scarecrow made out of his armor, just like in the comics. I didn't catch that myself, but the commentary track points it out.

And while there's no way to know what they will do, the comics had everyone "killed" by the soulstone living inside it. However, that wasn't from "the snap," it was from Adam Warlock and others literally using the stone to suck someone's soul out of their body. Those souls went into the stone. I don't think they ever said where the snapped people went. I think they just ceased to exist, not even any dust. So, they probably are alive in the stone because that would make things easier, but with time travel shenanigans you never really know.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The assumption is that he is on Gamora's home planet, because he refers to how he turned it into a paradise after killing half of them. Also, as Seananigans Seananigans points out, it is a nod to the comic. If you look really closely and quickly on the right of the screen, there is actually a scarecrow made out of his armor, just like in the comics. I didn't catch that myself, but the commentary track points it out.

And while there's no way to know what they will do, the comics had everyone "killed" by the soulstone living inside it. However, that wasn't from "the snap," it was from Adam Warlock and others literally using the stone to suck someone's soul out of their body. Those souls went into the stone. I don't think they ever said where the snapped people went. I think they just ceased to exist, not even any dust. So, they probably are alive in the stone because that would make things easier, but with time travel shenanigans you never really know.
thanks for the explanation, the whole thing got me thinking that they left room for every one to not be dead. even Vision could have been downloaded into the Wakanda mainframe.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't assume he's on Gamora's home planet.

A curiosity I noticed pretty early while watching the film the first time: Ebony Maw can't(doesn't?) use his telekinesis on humans directly. The fight with Dr. Strange and Iron Man he fights back with the environment. But he was able to directly shove aside Black Dwarf, which was pretty handy and strong considering the momentum he had. IDK, seems like if could do that, he would have tried crumpling Iron Man's suit or something.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dont buy it.

i just threw that in there for wacky factor. although, its that true they turned Banner into an idiot for this movie. its no biggie since banner (not Hulk) is pretty low on the totem pole, just above Hawkeye.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

taimaishoo

Golden Knight of the Realm
dont buy it.

On top of what you posted, his whole Thanos couldnt beat up the Hulk schtick is nonsense. It's heavily implied that Thanos was the one that crippled Thor on the ship, and we've seen Thor go toe to toe and even get the upper hand vs Hulk. That would say to me it is perfectly acceptable for Thanos to handle the Hulk. In fact, it's pretty stupid this guy would even question the end all bad guy MCU has been building up for years wouldnt be able to 1 v 1 a single Avenger.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users