Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I’m not disagreeing with your premise. However, generally speaking, it doesn’t take long for the average guy to look “buff”, but it can take literally months to get a good butt from squats, especially if she’s vegan or whatever.
Protein injections are available...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realize I'm waaaay late, but I super duper ultra hyper mega hated the part where they almost have the gauntlet off of Thanos and then Quill fucks it all up when he find out Gamora is dead. I mean I have no problem with them wanting to create a 'holy shit we almost beat Thanos' moment, but they picked a really stupid way to have it go wrong. Yes, your booty call is dead. We're trying to save the lives of trillions and trillions of people. Literally half the people in the entire universe, fucking get your shit together. But nope. Half the life in the universe wiped out because Starlord throws a temper tantrum.

Otherwise loved the movie, even the Wakanda parts didn't make me cringe the way BP did.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Starlord fucking trillions of people up because he is a retard did suck but it was 100% in line with his character. In GOTG1 he did some real stupid shit at the end there, and in GOTG2 he immediately started shooting at his dad seconds after he mentioned he put the tumor in his mom. His entire character is built up as someone who acts without thinking, so it made sense to me.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I was watching it yesterday again, and that part made me think this too: Not only was Quill dumb for doing that, but Gamora herself was just as dumb for going to find Thanos on Knowhere as well. She thought she might be the only one who knew where the Soulstone was, she thought Quill should actually kill her instead of letting herself fall into Thanos' hands, but she intentionally goes to find Thanos cause she thinks they can stop him themselves somehow lols.

I'd lose my shit too though if Gamora was my bootycall and that happened. He can partially blame in on Dr. Strange too. Strange picked that one future cause its the only one that worked. For all we know Quill didn't make that dumb decision in 14 million plus alternate futures but somehow it didn't work out. Then again couldn't Strange just have told him "Sorry dude but your gf is dead, please don't hit Thanos in the face and be responsible for the death of trillions"?

Can't imagine how it was only one though. Where's the future where Thor goes for the head? 0% chance Thor ever does that I guess because he wanted that moment of I told you so vengeance every time his neural pathways have to make that call. No future where Thor just keeps Thanos from snapping his fingers?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Then again couldn't Strange just have told him "Sorry dude but your gf is dead, please don't hit Thanos in the face and be responsible for the death of trillions"?
But I'm sure in one of those 14 million alternate timelines he does, but still loses. It's a catchall.

Where's the future where Thor goes for the head?
Again, falls into the "loss" category. All of Asgard are dead. Heimdall, Loki, Gamora, and Vision are all dead before the snap.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Starlord fucking trillions of people up because he is a retard did suck but it was 100% in line with his character. In GOTG1 he did some real stupid shit at the end there, and in GOTG2 he immediately started shooting at his dad seconds after he mentioned he put the tumor in his mom. His entire character is built up as someone who acts without thinking, so it made sense to me.

It's not like the plan was to get the gauntlet off of Thanos and be like 'ok we cool now, later brah'. He directly contributed to the deaths of trillions of people because he couldn't wait thirty fucking seconds to kill Thanos because his cosmic booty call was dead. Since we're all assuming IW2 involves somehow reversing the snap, SOMEBODY who was there on Titan better at least fucking call him out for that shit, if not just kick his ass outright. I know you're supposed to give comic book movies some leeway but I think I'm doing pretty good for only having one major gripe with a 2h40m movie.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
You could argue that it's ironic that he was telling Tony before the showdown that the 50% of him that is stupid, the human side, got the better of him via love and emotion. You'd think his 50% celestial side of him would be more reserved, calculated and transcend the selfish, in-love, knee-jerk reactionary side of himself.

I hope they don't kill Thanos in AV4... he's too damn cool. Just dethrone him, give him some humble pie and make him realize he's not a God and never will be like Loki stated, and have him be a farmer on Titan like the comics :p Also, I want the theories that Loki was alive the whole time and simply projecting illusions to be true too... he's also too cool to kill off.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, I honestly expect some of the snaps to stay dead and some of the pre-snap deaths to come back.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you guys could have fun rewatch every mantis scene again and look at the position of her hands
praying-mantis-205165_1280.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
You could argue that it's ironic that he was telling Tony before the showdown that the 50% of him that is stupid, the human side, got the better of him via love and emotion. You'd think his 50% celestial side of him would be more reserved, calculated and transcend the selfish, in-love, knee-jerk reactionary side of himself.

Yeah, but did you actually watch GOTG2? That celestial side is egotistical (pardon the pun) as fuuuuck.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah, but did you actually watch GOTG2? That celestial side is egotistical (pardon the pun) as fuuuuck.

Damn... good point, I like it. "For the record, this was my plan" are the snarky words of an egotist! Yeah so Quill was 100% destined to fuck up the de-gauntleting™ ? Love (human) + Ego (celestial) = chimp out over dead Gamora. It also gives validity to Strange saying there was no other way... that this path was the 1 in 14,000,605 where they win. Starlord was going to fuck this up no matter what, but the timeline with the 1 out was how it panned out.

Hypothetically, if another timeline had a chill Quill and they removed the gauntlet, I feel Thanos would still be able to stand toe to toe with the Avengers/GotG and get it back. His owning the Hulk was an important exposition choice in my opinion as it shows how strong Thanos is without the stones. If you notice carefully, the Hulk got BTFO'd without Thanos even using the Power Stone whilst fighting. Thanos is a fucking beast with or without the gauntlet. Mantis did say "be quick, he is very strong" so a chill Quill timeline probably winds up with them STILL getting spectacularly curb-stomped and probably had Tony dying in most of the chill Quill timelines which would just be yet another timeline tossed into the other 14,000,604 failures.

This movie makes me feel like a fucking dork... but I dig that~

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn... good point, I like it. "For the record, this was my plan" are the snarky words of an egotist! Yeah so Quill was 100% destined to fuck up the de-gauntleting™ ? Love (human) + Ego (celestial) = chimp out over dead Gamora. It also gives validity to Strange saying there was no other way... that this path was the 1 in 14,000,605 where they win. Starlord was going to fuck this up no matter what, but the timeline with the 1 out was how it panned out.

Hypothetically, if another timeline had a chill Quill and they removed the gauntlet, I feel Thanos would still be able to stand toe to toe with the Avengers/GotG and get it back. His owning the Hulk was an important exposition choice in my opinion as it shows how strong Thanos is without the stones. If you notice carefully, the Hulk got BTFO'd without Thanos even using the Power Stone whilst fighting. Thanos is a fucking beast with or without the gauntlet. Mantis did say "be quick, he is very strong" so a chill Quill timeline probably winds up with them STILL getting spectacularly curb-stomped and probably had Tony dying in most of the chill Quill timelines which would just be yet another timeline tossed into the other 14,000,604 failures.

This movie makes me feel like a fucking dork... but I dig that~

Hulk lost to Hulkbuster Stark in Avengers 2. Mjolnir Thor was able to stand toe to toe with Hulk, and Stark in his Avengers 1 era suit was able to rumble with Thor, even if Thor was still stronger than him. Nano-suit Iron Man, Spiderman in the Iron Spider suit, and a Dr Strange who can now freely use the time stone can definitely handle a Thanos who no longer has three infinity stones.

• 1EyeRoll

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they can survive using them. Plus as others have pointed out, Strange might be looking to undo pre-snap fuckups with his choice of timeline outcomes.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They we never getting the gauntlet off. This is the only timeline they can win. Strange tells Tony "We are in the end game now". The finger snap was happening. What Strange saw in this future is the question. I am guessing he saw this path leading the Capt Marvell

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
IW2 will be like one of those good Star Trek next Gen episodes where they find themselves trapped in some mess and we get to watch them as they work the shit out and find the path / trick to fixing the problem.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
But I'm sure in one of those 14 million alternate timelines he does, but still loses. It's a catchall.

Again, falls into the "loss" category. All of Asgard are dead. Heimdall, Loki, Gamora, and Vision are all dead before the snap.

The executives have actually stated in interviews that Valkyrie and many of the Asgardians aren't dead and did manage to escape. They aren't going to screw the potential for more Thor movies like that. ;)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The executives have actually stated in interviews that Valkyrie and many of the Asgardians aren't dead and did manage to escape. They aren't going to screw the potential for more Thor movies like that. ;)

I mean Thor very clearly says Thanos killed half of his people, so they couldn't have all still been aboard that ship when it blew.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I heard the guy who plays Loki didn't want to do it any more so assuming that's true then Loki's probably dead-dead and not fake-dead.