Awesome Games Done Quick 2014: Speedrunning For Charity - January 5th-11th

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They did Contra 3 some other awesome NES games, donated a couple of hundred to these guys. What a good cause and its actually pretty fucking epic to watch. They were doing some wild shit with the mega mans also to burn through them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The SC2 HOTS speed run was so boring, even the people in the audience were sleeping - and to top it off, someone tell that dude to cut his fucking hideous looking mullet.

I watched the FF6 last year or the year before, it was like 7.5 hours long and the absolute worst thing I had ever watched in my life.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RPGs are fun when they glitch the shit out of it (like the FF2 run over the summer) but when they just play the game straight through it can be pretty boring, I agree.

Needless

Toe Sucker
some of it is interesting, mechanic wise.. but yeah, booooring.
The only things i find interesting is that when people min/max their required exp to be a specific level to have a certain amount of stats that allow them to kill a specific boss.. if they didn't have that one extra level it wouldn't work.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
some of it is interesting, mechanic wise.. but yeah, booooring.
The only things i find interesting is that when people min/max their required exp to be a specific level to have a certain amount of stats that allow them to kill a specific boss.. if they didn't have that one extra level it wouldn't work.
I find the glitches and mechanics interesting, but speedrunning a 40-50 hour game is just boring to watch. In FF6 the girl spent all this time glitching the ending so that all the characters were still in the magitek suits, kind of lame. On the other hand she did this absolutely insane trick with Setzer by putting a slew of status effects on him and remedying them, but before remedy actually finished it's animation he would roll a certain thing that insta-killed enemies/bosses. I mean it was interesting and all, but too too long.

Szlia

Blindfolded punch-out was pretty incredible. Not only because of the skill of the runner, but also because of the game design!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So you're doing a blindfold run, the only cues you have are audio and the guy behind you starts talking....

Da fuck.