Awesome Games Done Quick 2014: Speedrunning For Charity - January 5th-11th

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, that's been one of my favorites so far. Upcoming N64 Zeldas are guaranteed to be a snoozefest.

Co-op Goldeneye should be entertaining.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Zeldas, while long, were kind of interesting last year with a lot of commentary about game mechanics, programming, and why the glitches worked the way they did. It was insightful to a point.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Most awkward couch... ever?

Oh awesome, senior game programmer for Metroid Prime doing commentary during this run.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My fav dev call in was for the Mask game that was played. Hearing him squeal on skype when he saw a couple of the skips used was priceless.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
4x Super Metroid race should be fun, although a lot going on at the same time. Super Metroid was always one of my favorite SNES games.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Haha the chat goes apeshit every time Blueglass laughs. This is going to be the best part of the event. Super Metroid kicks ass.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Incredible that in a 45 minute play two people can be that close, and Krauser was just behind. That was really awesome to see.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
That Super Metroid race was pretty intense, shame the one guy died but they said it happens often.

I'm surprised they're finishing off the whole thing with such long game runs, some of them are 6 hours. Zzzzzz

Needless

Toe Sucker
Even after tonight they'll most likey still go on for a couple days with their post marathon stream

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gotta agree with a lot of people that them not engaging the dev much at all during metroid prime made it pretty stupid

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah at first I was like, "oh cool, dev" and then the nerds just sat there explaining stuff and the dev was like, "yeah I coded / created that, here's a little bit of why, anything else you'd like to know?" and then silence.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah. Most of the time the runners seemed annoyed because the dev was talking and they couldn't explain what they were doing.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
He received a lot of good feedback and interest in Twitch chat, at least. Usually it's toxic as hell in there, but a ton of people were genuinely interested in what Zoid was talking about. I know Metroid Prime is one of his favorite games that he's ever worked on, and he was pretty stoked to be able to talk about it during the marathon. He did say it was a bit challenging with the delay and trying to time around when the runners were talking, though.