Awesome Games Done Quick 2016 - 2019

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah those runs are the worst and shouldn't even be a thing anymore, they have so much time to fill why even bother with 12 min runs on games like Prey.
I dunno, they're fun, and they're a type of speedrun. I thought the Prey one was awesome - it's less than a year old, and the guys were just joking the whole way through and their descriptions of how fast the runs got... fast was amusing. I'd be interested to see what a no-clipping run looks like too though of course. Frankly, after watching that, I'm surprised I never accidentally clipped through something playing Prey just a month ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, some out of bounds runs are better then others. They need to be done sparingly. most are pretty boring.

"whats happening?!. where am I, oh, im now in xlevel/area!" shit needs to stop. though. Feigning confusion is so annoying. They all do that shit over and over.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Donation incentive was met to have some guy play both Punch Out and Super Punch Out at the same time...

Szlia

It's more than at the same time: it's using a single controller / single set of inputs for both games! It's pretty crazy but I suspect also a bit lame because basically it will be all about avoiding having to play two fights at the same time and using the fact uppercuts on Punch Out pause Super Punch Out (start button).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's more than at the same time: it's using a single controller / single set of inputs for both games! It's pretty crazy but I suspect also a bit lame because basically it will be all about avoiding having to play two fights at the same time and using the fact uppercuts on Punch Out pause Super Punch Out (start button).
that was complete crap. he had the SNES game on pause the whole time. what a crock of shit. not impressed in the least.

Szlia

That was actually pretty cool to see. The juggling between the games was fun, the pausing, while meh, allowed for a number of funny frame freeze and, to top it off, he had a supremely clutch fight against Tyson.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
another stream ruined by this Jap language bullshit

best thing i've seen so far was the 4 team megaman relay. nothing has come close to how cool that was to watch.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
i don't really understand how moon runes ruin it for you? any speed run they skip all text anyway, and theres no VA's in OoT?

like... it actually makes 0 sense

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i don't really understand how moon runes ruin it for you? any speed run they skip all text anyway, and theres no VA's in OoT?

like... it actually makes 0 sense
OoT the text comes slow enough that it would be easily readable if it was English. Makes perfect sense. Even in games where they do speed through dialog, you lose the ability to see what dialog and menu options they are selecting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
OoT the text comes slow enough that it would be easily readable if it was English. Makes perfect sense. Even in games where they do speed through dialog, you lose the ability to see what dialog and menu options they are selecting.
Ain't nobody reading the GODDAMN oot text except maybe cutscenes

• 1Solidarity

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the textbook definition of keg being keg. The guy disappears for a few months and people forget.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1SJW

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I did not know speed running Baulder's Gate 2 was possible. That game took forever just to walk out of a town.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That bloodborne guy was really funny and entertaining. Shame he died so much but he took it in stride.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to have to get this randomizer for Zelda 3. This looks like a lot of fun.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
It's actually kind of surprising how close the Zelda 3 Randomizer Race was, despite significant path divergence! I think Andy had a huge advantage because of his ridiculously consistent ability to "hover" over gaps (a repeated frame-perfect button press that I've seen another GDQ runner choke on). He was pulling them off like they were nothing.

I tried the Zelda 1 randomizer last year, and it was surprising how much fun it was to play. I'm very familiar with what the game expects me to do, and yet I found myself constantly exploring and discovering, using the very problem-solving skills the original game taught me. I definitely want to try the Zelda 3 Randomizer, but there's no way I'm playing a no-sword run.