My two favorite shows lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Melrose Place was my jam

I love Seinfeld.

Trying to think but yeah I mainly was watching shit like headbangers ball and Space Ghost. I think I’m younger than you though.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Space shows are probably my favorite genre. Took me years to get through the various Star Trek shows, and all I have left now is DS9. However I've been dragging on it because the first few seasons are just so slow. I hear it picks up a LOT in S4 onward. But now after reading some of this I kinda want to table it and watch Babylon 5 instead. Also been interested in Battlestar Galactica (newer one), Stargate SG-1 and Doctor Who (only season I've finished is the first season of Nu Who, 2005). Which gives me choice paralysis where I don't know which one to get into so I don't get very far with any of them.

It sorta feels like I'm never going to get through all of these shows even though I really want to see them all, like the time to see them was when they aired and if I didn't do it then it wasn't happening. Also, I watched a ton of shows (lots of Trek, Firefly, Buffy, etc) with my mom, and she's still around but it's safe to say the days of us watching entire seasons of sci-fi shows are long over with. So every time I start getting into something like Doctor Who or DS9 I start feeling sort of meh that I'm watching it by myself instead of bringing it over to watch with her. Though the last time I tried that (with Season 1 of Battlestar) she stopped liking it a few episodes in and that was that. Similar deal with Doctor Who where she really liked the Nu Who guy for the couple episodes we watched, then he became David Tennant and she lost interest.

TL;DR: I like space shows but I'm also sentimental about them (tapping into other people's nostalgia is especially potent with this type of show for some reason) and have choice paralysis, will add Babylon 5 to list after reading thread.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Space shows are probably my favorite genre. Took me years to get through the various Star Trek shows, and all I have left now is DS9. However I've been dragging on it because the first few seasons are just so slow. I hear it picks up a LOT in S4 onward. But now after reading some of this I kinda want to table it and watch Babylon 5 instead. Also been interested in Battlestar Galactica (newer one), Stargate SG-1 and Doctor Who (only season I've finished is the first season of Nu Who, 2005). Which gives me choice paralysis where I don't know which one to get into so I don't get very far with any of them.

It sorta feels like I'm never going to get through all of these shows even though I really want to see them all, like the time to see them was when they aired and if I didn't do it then it wasn't happening. Also, I watched a ton of shows (lots of Trek, Firefly, Buffy, etc) with my mom, and she's still around but it's safe to say the days of us watching entire seasons of sci-fi shows are long over with. So every time I start getting into something like Doctor Who or DS9 I start feeling sort of meh that I'm watching it by myself instead of bringing it over to watch with her. Though the last time I tried that (with Season 1 of Battlestar) she stopped liking it a few episodes in and that was that. Similar deal with Doctor Who where she really liked the Nu Who guy for the couple episodes we watched, then he became David Tennant and she lost interest.

TL;DR: I like space shows but I'm also sentimental about them (tapping into other people's nostalgia is especially potent with this type of show for some reason) and have choice paralysis, will add Babylon 5 to list after reading thread.
easy one to get into cuz it was the start of

"oh fox is gonna put sci on it's channel, they will cancel after 1st season curse"

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

If you haven't watched Battlestar, fuck the rest. Skip to that.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

"oh fox is gonna put sci on it's channel, they will cancel after 1st season curse"

The plot of this one looks a lot like Battlestar.

Another show that got axed WAY too fast was Jericho. Not a space show, but it could have been the next Lost (except better IMO). First season is OUTSTANDING. Second season is, IIRC, like eight episodes long and packs in like four seasons worth of arcs in rapid-fire. It was pretty obviously supposed to be a five-season program. I highly recommend that show regardless of S2-5 being squeezed into an eight-episode S2. Whle S1 is the awesome one with all of the buildup, I kinda like S2 being so gorram eventful, with every episode having some huge development.

My mom and I also watched 24 a lot. All nine (ten?) seasons, even the short-lived reboot with a different main actor. Also Designated Survivor which seemed like the spiritual successor to 24, at least until it became too boring to continue. I tried to start a 24 rewatch with her a couple years ago, at least for the first three seasons which we liked the most, but we got to like the end of the second episode of S1 before she lost interest.

Every time I've seen her in the last couple years she seems to just want to binge CNN all day but that's another post for another thread.

TL;DR: Rajaah misses watching shows with his mom and wishes she wasn't addicted to CNN in her advanced age. Will put Battlestar at top of list.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Maybe when The Rookie gets cancelled for going super woke, we can get a Firefly revival.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Holy shit is that Gunny in the trailer? I don't remember this series, putting it on my list now.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Shame it only got that one season. Good show, trench fights were intense.