Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
They are quite crowd controled when they are dead. Barrels of explosives are a tried and true way of dealing with crowds.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
They are quite crowd controled when they are dead. Barrels of explosives are a tried and true way of dealing with crowds.
so CC, basically unnecessary, just outright nuke 'em?

They fulfill an important role in the tabletop ecosystem. They allow players to murderhobo around on the most broken bullshit they can cobble together without anyone at a table having to put up with that nonsense.
Without playing Tabletop anything outside of family board games, isn't that the most fun aspect of them? Or every RPG in all honesty, finding the weird builds the designers never intended that demolish the game. Even better in a video game, because the way stuff works is forcibly coded, and thus there's no argument over how the mechanic is supposed to work, outside of bug/exploits, which are up to the Devs to patch.

Also...why is there a Dragon Blood subclass and a Dragon Man Race? Like wouldn't all Dragon Men innately have Dragon Blood?

Who even wants a patch of scales on their face, that's not a trait, that's a birth defect....

sigh...talking myself out of playing this

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
not necessarily. there were 2 fights i had in bg3 so far (still act 1) where hold person and silence fundamentally altered the combat scenario and changed it from being an uphill battle to a fun sledding opportunity. yes, there are times when it's just more efficient to just outright kill everyone, but there are plenty of situations when a specific creature has too much hp to kill quickly, so you need to take them out of the fight while you work on other, low hp targets. control absolutely has it's place in dnd

Without playing Tabletop anything outside of family board games, isn't that the most fun aspect of them? Or every RPG in all honesty, finding the weird builds the designers never intended that demolish the game. Even better in a video game, because the way stuff works is forcibly coded, and thus there's no argument over how the mechanic is supposed to work, outside of bug/exploits, which are up to the Devs to patch.

100%. i posted earlier about how one of my favorite things in my weekly dnd game is making my DM go "uh... hm... i hadn't considered that... uh... yeah, okay here's what happens..."

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀

Also...why is there a Dragon Blood subclass and a Dragon Man Race? Like wouldn't all Dragon Men innately have Dragon Blood?

Who even wants a patch of scales on their face, that's not a trait, that's a birth defect....

sigh...talking myself out of playing this

while you’re over there balls deep in samsara we’ll be over here having fun with video games, do you playa

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bribing my wife with gift cards so I can crack out this weekend.

IMG_1820.jpeg

• 6Worf
  • 6Like
  • 2Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 15 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If you nerds are having problems with melee range may I introduce to you to your lord and savior: Athletics

Jump is so beyond busted in this game. It's not capped by your actual movement amount, and just scales infinitely with strength/base movement/other mods like athletics. My gith chick can leap over 20m currently for the cost of 3m of regular movement + bonus action.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you nerds are having problems with melee range may I introduce to you to your lord and savior: Athletics

Jump is so beyond busted in this game. It's not capped by your actual movement amount, and just scales infinitely with strength/base movement/other mods like athletics. My gith chick can leap over 20m currently for the cost of 3m of regular movement + bonus action.
one of the reasons why wildheart barb is still pretty great. tiger heart gives you extra jump distance while raging. karlach is just gummy bear bouncing and decapitating archers

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
one of the reasons why wildheart barb is still pretty great. tiger heart gives you extra jump distance while raging. karlach is just gummy bear bouncing and decapitating archers

Sadly berserker is just way too busted to do anything but that I don't think. Bonus action to pick up and throw the corpses of your enemies at people is just the best.

Or if you're actually struggling in fights just have her carry explosive barrels in her inventory and throw those like tactical nukes

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yep. Then you have the ring that gives acrobatics +1, Jump +3 Meters. I have shit luck finding rings in this game for whatever reason, so its not taking up a more valuable spot. But Lae'z can jump up like 2 stories high, or across the fucking battle field. Even better is that she can do it twice with an ability, and still have the fucking run distance she can do. Mobile fucking death machine.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Having some problems with the boss fights on the inside of the Goblin Camp. Is 4 enough or am I underleveled?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Having some problems with the boss fights on the inside of the Goblin Camp. Is 4 enough or am I underleveled?
We did two of the bosses last night, and planning to tackle the third tomorrow. We're level 4. We did get thrown into combat once by accident that we had to reload but once we actually started on our terms we got it. We don't use any barrel cheese or anything like that as of yet.

Kulgan

Molten Core Raider
Meh just got in a fight and after Lae'zel has a dialogue line my combat is broken, the only option I have is to press space to skip which does nothing but it's her turn so I can't advance the combat at all, have to reload game. Luckily I autosaved like 5 minutes before the fight but still very annoying.
I have had that happen twice with her, but never with anyone else.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Outside:
Totally depends on if you are hostile to them or not. I saved the goblin inside the druid camp, and got her help to let me waltz right into the place. I poisoned the Ale that they were all drinking on the outside, which killed 80% of them. Then rolled the dice to tell them it wasnt me, I wouldnt be standing here if it was - they believed me, which then let me take out the remaining goblins one by one almost.
Inside: (this has some lore / surprises, a bit too much info in it. So be prepared for spoilers if you really need suggestions.)
On the inside, I talked to everyone and got what I needed out of them. Note, even though you just massacred the outside - if you did it like I did, they never aggro on the inside. The weird masochist guy has some options for you. You can also recruit the drow as a companion here, the leader of the goblins if you are evil. Halsin is the bear in the very back room as a bear. I freed Halsin first, and killed the kids (they run and alert the guards.) Then cleared up the rest of his room and told Halsin Id meet him back at camp after killing the elders. Then went up front where I talked to the shaman lady, met her in her room. Surrounded her with barrels and one shot her. Make sure you're out of view when you kill her from the guards across the chasm when you do this. Then went outside the room, talked to the vendor and got what i needed (white people in "goblin" town, youll see them) and then set up the fight there. You CANNOT let the main bitch run, as she will get inside and basically set you up to blow up yourself. You can skip this fight if you want, but its some good stuff here. Then I went back behind the shamans room where the princess' guard is and killed that fat fuck solo. (Which will lead you to a puzzle leading somewhere else, clues everywhere in the castle). Then I went and killed the guards that could see the shamans room since I could pull them solo. Remember, no runners allowed! Then went downstairs, opened the gate to the spiders with beast talking on and encouraged them to fight the goblins. Then fought side by side with them to clear the hobgolbin and his bros. After that, I rested (spiders should be dead by that point). Then I went into the drows room and fought those goblins. Then the drow aggros - pretty powerful fucker so be wary. But she came solo and thats that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
With respect to melee getting in range...
There are some boots that grant you double base movement as a bonus action effect. I put those on Karlach and she's zipping around the battlefield like a cricket on crack

In general Larian has done things with magic items in particular that I feel Wizards of the Coast could learn from. D&D 5e has been overly influenced by Chris Perkins and his whole 'magic abilities are plentiful, magic items are scarce' mentality. I find myself with a ton of magic items but with a variety of augmentations and abilities that are synergistic in a fun way rather than just 'Longsword + 2 & Scale Mail + 1'
Yea this has been the oposite of all my 5th edition games so far

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is one where its weird because most of them are the right level for 4 and one is level 6 for some reason. Making it annoying.

Goonsquad Officer

And ignore the burning and acid patches like a pro

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Err. Is the mountain pass part of act 1? Or does that start act 2?
I think it is the last thing you are supposed to do in the area. My hireling were all like "we should avoid those assholes" and I saved and went down there and got demolished.