Ballers (HBO show with The Rock)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I watch this show because I am lazy and watch the shows before and after it. The o-lineman talking about skinny jeans got a legit laugh from me

spronk

FPS noob
i like watching black people buy really stupid things... like llamas. also love how on an episode right after a player gets almost thrown out his job for hurting himself playing paintball, they think about buying tigers and jaguars and shit

also rob corddry is amazing on it, its crazy to imagine just a few years ago he was another daily show correspondent

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh no, Vince got fired from another job! Now he's never gonna pay the rent and Drama will have to do something with his life.

(but seriously, good episode. Spence looks like he's fucked, but that's probably the show heavy handing his triumphant return)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Strong finale to Ballers this week. It looks like he's finally done pretending he has everything under control, which is great. I'm looking forward to seeing if it's beneficial at all for him next season. Great tits all over in the strip club scene. Denzel's son is doing well also. He's a damn good actor and really fits the role.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My guess is Eddie George sees him as being held accountable after his speech at the Rookie Symposium and Spence gets another chance in the season 3 premiere after his hip surgery. My bet though is he is going to continue to remain to be addicted to pain pills and start messing everything up again.

spronk

FPS noob
loved the finale, between the amazing stripper scene (I AM KEEPING THIS EPISODE FOREVER) to the speech to the little solo surgery walk, I loved it. I think if any other actor had played this character the show would have fallen down hard, but goddamn the Rock is so fucking charismatic its insane. Any scene with him and Cordry is just awesome to watch

The character is great, you absolutely 100% agree with Eddy that there is no way in hell that he should ever be managing anyones money, but man he is a guy who has made so many mistakes but wants to do better, and i think all of us can empathize with that.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
My guess is Eddie George sees him as being held accountable after his speech at the Rookie Symposium and Spence gets another chance in the season 3 premiere after his hip surgery. My bet though is he is going to continue to remain to be addicted to pain pills and start messing everything up again.

I was thinking he was going to give Eddie the $6 mil he had since he was only buying half the company.

Either way, I agree with Spronk and would follow the Rock into battle any day

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Speech at the end was pretty damn good. Rock is the man, and can actually act. Although I think for this show he draws on a lot of his own personal experiences back at the U, and relationships he has with NFL players to have seen first hand all the shit that goes down. Still love this show, glad it'll be back for another season.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the speech should be given for real to damn near anyone who had just signed. The problem is a social one. You place a bunch of dirt poor growing up young adults and throw a ton of cash at them whom have never had any amount of self control in their lives growing up (About 90% of NFL players who come from the ghettos) and all that money is wasted on people using them for everything they have. Family, "Friends", and Home boys. That speech pretty much nailed the way it is today in the real NFL. Hands down.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Going to watch Power instead. Urban cop drama wins out.

I saw the first season of Ballers and felt it was just Wolf of Wallstreet stuff.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's more like Entourage than Wolf of Wallstreet. But it's still damn good. He's a great actor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
If it wasn't for the Rock and Rob Cordrie this show would be dogshit, but they elevate it to a 9/10. Glad to hear it starts tonight, need something to erase game of thrones from the brain

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If it wasn't for the Rock and Rob Cordrie this show would be dogshit, but they elevate it to a 9/10. Glad to hear it starts tonight, need something to erase game of thrones from the brain

Was kind of fun to see Mahoney from Police Academy movies smooze it up as a Vegas baller.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Watched every episode of this series this weekend for the first time before watching the new one tonight. Fun times. Came for The Rock, and stayed due to him and the rest of the awesome supporting cast.

As a Vegas local, obviously interested in where this goes when talking about bringing the NFL to Vegas, they were literally golfing across the street from where the Las Vegas Raiders stadium will begin construction in a few months.

Brief news from when they were shooting this episode in March - HBO's Ballers Connects with Monster Jam | Monster Jam

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just watched both the new episodes, great start. I've been a fan of the series since it started. Glad its back on.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm guessing they're going to go the 'Raiders are going rogue and move' angle. Will be really strange if he's not successful.

The season was written before the owners voted in March (the Monster Jam stuff from ep before last was shot the weekend before the owners meetings)

spronk

FPS noob
i don't really understand whats going on - the black chick at the end works at the NFL and doesn't like spencer because he insulted her on TV? But... he wants the Raiders to move to Vegas, but the problem is ?? and the people doing shady moves against him are ???

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is basically Entourage - a turn your brain off and enjoy a 25 minute spectacle every week while browsing Dupont Registry for used Lambo's kind of a show. For that, it's perfect. The Rock has turned into a pretty decent actor and Cordry plays off him perfectly

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user