Ballers (HBO show with The Rock)

spronk

FPS noob
look, if he's not big in e-sports i don't know who he is

and e-sports is real, EVO aired on ESPN2 this weekend ok

whoah, i just thought of something: 10 years from now, this kind of show will be all about Overwatch 3 and Street Fighter 8 players, not football players. They will all be asian too, instead of black

Khane

Got something right about marriage
10 years from now, this kind of show will be all about Overwatch 3 and Street Fighter 8 players, not football players. They will all be asian too, instead of black
This fucking guy thinks Blizzard is going to put out 2 new Overwatch sequels within 10 years. Pffffft

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He also seems to forget that mobas are the big esport and the biggest esport stars are koreans playing starcraft.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I don't follow any sports. That's why I didn't know who he was. That said, I know the "big names" in UFC, though. And I actually like Jon Jones.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I enjoyed the closing line from this episode. It was cold, plus the crack of a tiny dominance smile. Good shit.
Not to mention that greedy cocksucker hurting his meal ticket. Dumb fuck.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This got renewed for Season 3 already. Supposedly HBO's highest rated comedy in like 6 years. I guess their ratings for just the live broadcast aren't super but people that subscribe and view it within a week is pretty high.

I like the show, I just wonder where they are going to go with it. Needs more Denzel's son, he's pretty great as the loose cannon diva WR

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
This show kinda sucks and Rock overdoes the 'im actually a good guy thing' in a big way, but I still somehow watch every episode. It's like entourage with sports, only it started shitty instead of became shitty

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
7ZPZA4x7vcvdAFpuXrPYZP5iTyT.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Ballers[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-06-21[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Looking at the lives of former and current football players, the show follows former superstar Spencer Strasmore as he gets his life on track in retirement while mentoring other current and former players through the daily grind of the business of football.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

http://www.hbo.com/ballers

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah this show isn't even that great. It's nowhere close to Veep or Silicon Valley. I still watch it because the NFL is awesome and this really is Entourage with sports, but those ratings confound me.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Yeah this show isn't even that great. It's nowhere close to Veep or Silicon Valley. I still watch it because the NFL is awesome and this really is Entourage with sports, but those ratings confound me.
Ahem. black people.

Still confounded?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Neither of us like it, but both still watch it. Multiply that times a few million.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Show's pretty bad, but it has the Rock and Rob Corddy so whatever.
We all say it's bad, but we all watch it anyways. Love Corddy and the Rock, and love Denzel's son. It's not meant to be pure comedy like Veep or Silicon Valley, but I feel like there's still something missing. Still watch it every week though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vernon ruins the show. Dude can't act worth dick.

Ricky is the best part.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
entourage 2.0 with the rock and denzels son. like entourage its a guilty pleasure

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
god it sucks and god i keep on watching. i can't do a fake smile from rock every 45 seconds