Ballers (HBO show with The Rock)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Charles is the dude who got busted with the pic on his phone. His wife is slamming.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Charles is a system of my problem with this show. He is not dumb enough to be funny but too dumb to take seriously as a character I want to succeed or care much about.

My hope is that it gets darker and becomes more of a drama as we go along. Or just goes full Entourage.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Charles is a system of my problem with this show. He is not dumb enough to be funny but too dumb to take seriously as a character I want to succeed or care much about.

My hope is that it gets darker and becomes more of a drama as we go along. Or just goes full Entourage.
I think it tried to go full Entourage this last episode with the gigantic amounts of gratuitous female nudity. Not that I'm complaining.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This weeks episode was really good. Loving this show so far and I hope they stay the course with the direction it's going.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Last night's episode was decent. They're taking it a little deeper than previously, but still showing some dumb jokey shit (the guy running from his wife). I like it.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, the characters are just so one dimensional. Ricky acts like a retarded prick every episode, and the other dude is just a complete retard. I dunno, the only character with any arc or change so far has been the green dude.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They are athletes. Do you think a lot of people in the NFL have layers like an onion and are deep thinkers or is it more likely that many of them are people with minimal skill sets other than being athletic and may not be the socially brightest people around. (not saying all players are, but they've already mentioned quite a few in this show are)

And it's 7 episodes in, what changes are you looking for already when they haven't even hashed out the origianl plot lines for the season yet? And who's the green dude?

So far we've seen;

Spencer: In the early stages of transitioning from NFL player to financial adviser. Willing to do anything to succeed after finding out the owner of his firm didn't want him hired at all. Desire to show he can do this job, give every dime he had to a big name player to secure their business and now is finding out (much to his fear) that he probably has some sort of TBI from playing. Also dealing with a woman whoim he has a bad history with in order to save the contract of the guy who will cement his place at the firm he works.

Ricky: Bad boy trying to go strait, hit rock bottom and is rebuilding with hitting bumps on the way that were caused by his own dumb decisions and now seems to have members of his team who were not on his side, on his side now. Now he looks to get back a woman he only now realizes is the only women he has actually loved....but is too dumb to realize that's what it is.

Charles: Gave up the game early at his wifes request (you assume) so he could "get out whole" and tried living a normal life however there isn't much demand for a low skilled ex football player so he has to work at a dealership. After being willingly dragged back into the lifestyle and softly recruited by the Dolphins he starts to get that itch again. Problems at home cause him to leave causing him to have to think for himself for the first time in awhile and now he realizes the game is too much a part of him to let go and will now try to go back.

Vernon/Reggie: Vernon is a big dumb dude who doesn't realize his best friend and family are ridding him to bankruptcy. Every time Vernon starts to see things for how they are, Reggie pulls the wool back over his eyes to maintain his gravy train. With no contract set in stone yet and any deal in jeopardy due to poor decisions by him and Reggie leading him a bad direction we have no real idea what's going to happen and what happens with him will greatly impact both Spencer and Joe.

Then we have some minor plots with Jason, Alonzo and some others and I really dig the Dolphins coordinator/coach Larry as well.

There's tons happening and like I said, I'm enjoying pretty much all of it right now.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Charles last name is Green. I only learned that from watching the last episode. They said it twice.

spronk

FPS noob
show is growing on me, the supporting cast is excellent, nice titties pop up every now and then, and the rock just exudes charisma. who the fuck was the giant redbeard viking dude though, that was a goddamn giant

the women of this show are so fucking hot its amazing pro athletes get anything done in between boning hot chicks

who was the dude with glasses that saw the photos of vernon, and who is the chick with the photos/blackmail that spencer doesn't want to meet? the reporter chick from one of the early episodes?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
who the fuck was the giant redbeard viking dude though, that was a goddamn giant
Chris Andersen, aka "Birdman". Plays with the Heat. Pretty much why Ricky made the Lebron made the right choice in going back to Cleveland crack.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
show is growing on me, the supporting cast is excellent, nice titties pop up every now and then, and the rock just exudes charisma. who the fuck was the giant redbeard viking dude though, that was a goddamn giant

the women of this show are so fucking hot its amazing pro athletes get anything done in between boning hot chicks

who was the dude with glasses that saw the photos of vernon, and who is the chick with the photos/blackmail that spencer doesn't want to meet? the reporter chick from one of the early episodes?
The dude who say the pictures is the guy who owns the firm that Spencer works for and owns the yacht. Basically when Spencer refused to do a sit down the bicth emailed the photos to his boss, who never wanted Spencer to work there from the get go. And yes, the reporter chick.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well in typical HBO fashion they are really moving plot along the last 4 episodes. Show is going strong, It'll be interesting to see if Spence stays or goes...with him paying out half his net worth to his ex, the need to stay with a sure thing must be pretty strong in him.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Great episode tonight, wrapped up one decent plot line well. The dude finally got his moment where people cheered for him and he gave no fucks what it was for. I saw it coming but I still laughed.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
This show really has zero substance but is still pretty entertaining. Interested to see if this gets pick up for a S2 or not.
Honestly, I'd rather keep this on the roster than The Brink.