Barbie (2023)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I dont know how the profit sharing is going to work with Mattel, but allegedly a lot of the Barbie marketing was paid for by Mattel, not WB.

I also would assume a lot of the "Barbenheimer" viral shit on twitter/tiktok was mostly free once it took off, even if a marketing group seeded it, cause both of the movies will have benefited from it.

Assuming both movies hit their targets, this weekend is going to be a box office total up there with Spider-Verse and Mario Bros release weekends. Big cash for theaters.
i have no doubts Barbie will win the weekend. its pretty much a given at this point. but i dont get why men are supposed to see this. maybe Barbie was something different to later generation boys than mine. something had to happen to them somewhere to make them like this.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Based on the amount of people in my city centre in and around the cinema who are wearing pink, or clothing that fits the aesthetic then this movie is going to beat Nolan

Although, nobody dresses to Oppenheimer and my screening was full. Plus the Barbie crew stand out like sore thumb

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
i have no doubts Barbie will win the weekend. its pretty much a given at this point. but i dont get why men are supposed to see this. maybe Barbie was something different to later generation boys than mine. something had to happen to them somewhere to make them like this.
Because it's not made just for little girls. It's a fucking comedic satire, campy, and meta. It's not like watching a Saturday morning cartoon about Barbie. Almost everybody else in the world can understand that, somehow. There's obviously going to be some nostalgic pulls and parts for women who love Barbie but it's not just that.

I guarantee you most men don't have a different opinion about Barbie the toy series then you or countless other generations but they can all understand this is not just a for the kids merchandise movie.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Based on the amount of people in my city centre in and around the cinema who are wearing pink, or clothing that fits the aesthetic then this movie is going to beat Nolan

Although, nobody dresses to Oppenheimer and my screening was full. Plus the Barbie crew stand out like sore thumb
Barbie should just about double Oppenheimer.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Barbie is still a billion dollar business per year in toys/merchandise. Marketing promotes for the toys even more than the movie and any bump on that side of the equation is very noticeable. Compare to TMNT and some other franchises which has vastly different target audiences for their movies and shows, the classic style action figures are still the bread and butter and renewing the IP with even average trash keeps the toy money flowing

29860.jpeg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because it's not made just for little girls. It's a fucking comedic satire, campy, and meta. It's not like watching a Saturday morning cartoon about Barbie. Almost everybody else in the world can understand that, somehow. There's obviously going to be some nostalgic pulls and parts for women who love Barbie but it's not just that.

I guarantee you most men don't have a different opinion about Barbie the toy series then you or countless other generations but they can all understand this is not just a for the kids merchandise movie.
Barbie was already in the Toy Story series and i know there were easter eggs to her outfits and Ken's. but i didnt care because i didnt play with Barbies. what nostalgia is there for everyone?

• 1Barf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Barbie was already in the Toy Story series and i know there were easter eggs to her outfits and Ken's. but i didnt care because i didnt play with Barbies. what nostalgia is there for everyone?
I don't know if you're stupid or what but I specifically was mentioning the nostalgia for women.

Let's just accept the fact that you can't wrap your simple mind around why this movie isn't just for little girls and women with nostalgia and call it a day.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I don't know if you're stupid or what but I specifically was mentioning the nostalgia for women.

Let's just accept the fact that you can't wrap your simple mind around why this movie isn't just for little girls and women with nostalgia and call it a day.
if you dont know and i dont know, then what are we arguing about?

DickTrickle

if you dont know and i dont know, then what are we arguing about?
I know why people other than little girls are seeing it, as I've explained. I don't know why you're being so obtuse, though. Christ dude, can you read?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know why people other than little girls are seeing it, as I've explained. I don't know why you're being so obtuse, though. Christ dude, can you read?
because you havent explained why men want to see this, you just spew your usual insults. i mean i understand that it makes you feel better about yourself to insult others, but you havent addressed my original question. dont worry about it. just stick to insults.

DickTrickle

because you havent explained why men want to see this, you just spew your usual insults. i mean i understand that it makes you feel better about yourself to insult others, but you havent addressed my original question. dont worry about it. just stick to insults.
I did in a previous post. Either you don't understand or it wasn't enough for you. For some reason you have some mental block and cannot see this as anything but a little girls toy movie. You'd think the PG-13 rating might tip you off but not ol' Chuk.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I can't remember who but I saw a tweet earlier from someone today that said...

"The Barbie movie unironically uses the word patriarchy more than 10 times, that should be all you need to know about it."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It's funny how this movie is doing the exact opposite of what Flash did. WB had a real conservative estimate of just 75 mil for the weekend, and now it's looking like it's gonna hit upwards of 150, and 300 global.

Theaters are gonna eat big this weekend, leaving Oppenheimer this afternoon and the lobby was just packed, and both of my showings of the Barbenheimer duo were packed to the gills.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why do men do anything? for the pussy

my 80s standard for films hasnt changed. if she isnt getting naked in it, its not worth paying to see. there has to be something else like good actors, acting, action, lots of blood, violence or a good story. i did pay to see Sliver because i heard Sharon Stone gets naked and dykes out in it. it did not disappoint.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard

It sure in the fuck ain't made for men, unless you count the little soyboy fags with their skinny jeans and man buns as men (which I don't).

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
i understand men forced to go (i saw john wick, now you see barbie), men who want to go are just faggots
Guess they just need to man up and get their women under control...

choke-a-bitch-wayne-brady.gif

• 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Chuk is mad that Barbie is is doing well. The Facebook buzz barometer brought to you by the AARP lied to him

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users