Barbie (2023)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
why do men do anything? for the pussy

Men not being able to tell women no and just jerk off for the night has been the single biggest contributor to the downfall of civilization.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It sure in the fuck ain't made for men, unless you count the little soyboy fags with their skinny jeans and man buns as men (which I don't).

and not only is it not made for men. it doesnt seem to be made for anyone with its propagandist messaging. you gonna let your little girl be exposed to that shit? she will be a zippertits before her 18th birthday. i saw one review call this an evil film. it might be right.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Too bad. That Ryan Gosling promo gave me hope this was going to be a tongue in cheek parody of a Barbie world. I think Margot is the best looking actress in Hollywood, but it still wont get me to sit through a shitty movie.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I thought you go broke when you go woke?

Tbf, the woke stuff only dropped in the last 24 hours as the usual suspects like Posobiec saw it. Covert messaging would have got a lot more attention if words like "patriarchy" popped up repeatedly in the trailers etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Tbf, the woke stuff only dropped in the last 24 hours as the usual suspects like Posobiec saw it
I honestly wouldn't ever imagine a Barbie film directed by Greta Gerwig wouldn't have a feminist message. But yeah, I'm sure that aspect wasn't getting riled up by the Twitterverse academics. Now it's getting most evil film accolades, heh.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I honestly wouldn't ever imagine a Barbie film directed by Greta Gerwig wouldn't have a feminist message. But yeah, I'm sure that aspect wasn't getting riled up by the Twitterverse academics. Now it's getting most evil film accolades, heh.

yeah, was gonna say in that last post something about Barbie evolving from Swimsuit Barbie into Engineer Barbie etc, strong female rolemodels etc so it shouldn't come as a surprise. But it's the latest right-wing outrage cycle

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I dunno, the barbie movie is one of those movies that gets a pass for being woke trash. Like, their audience is literally retarded white women. It's not like we're subverting some beloved franchise here.

My interest is 0, so no idea how woke it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The second week for this movie will be the most interesting thing about it.

They specifically lied about the content of the film in all of the run-up marketing, even going as far as to send out executives to claim the movie was not feminist. We know now that is not just false, but it ends with the Barbies relegating the Kens to second class citizens until "there is equality in the real world". It doesn't get more overtly, demonstrably fourth-wave feminist.

Will the word of mouth help or hurt? We'll find out next weekend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People in this thread both simultaneously in shambles over this movie doing well and trying to unravel the mystery behind its success
fohkek.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

They specifically lied about the content of the film in all of the run-up marketing, even going as far as to send out executives to claim the movie was not feminist. We know now that is not just false, but it ends with the Barbies relegating the Kens to second class citizens until "there is equality in the real world". It doesn't get more overtly, demonstrably fourth-wave feminist.

Ken has been a second class citizen to Barbie since the toy line began.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

There it is peak big brain nonsense. Mother fucker is raging over a toy line/movie named after the female main character, aimed at little girls, with an accessory male figure

"They lied in order to draw in the washed up Everquest boomer MAGA audience! I feel so cheated I'm going to burn my Malibu Stacey collection right now!!!"

At the supermarket but imagine that Smithers Strippers gif with Barbie marketing caption for the strippers and LiquidDeath LiquidDeath as smithers. Also caption one of the thots as "carbs" for measure.

Actually make "for good measure" as "icing on the cake"

• 2Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users