Batman: Arkham Knight

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I 100% the game last week aside from a couple of AR missions I haven't gotten to yet. Enjoyed pretty much the whole thing. Riddler challenges were varied and some actually required thinking. Didn't care for the "destructibles" still being a thing but they get marked super accurately when you interrogate guys. Almost all the side missions were interesting and fun, each had kind of their own style of gameplay. Batmobile stuff never really bothered me, I fully upgraded it early on and just took it to town on the tanks.

I'll probably do a NG+ when the PC patches finally get optimization up to snuff, but don't regret playing through it at all.
Seconded. Great game. Hopefully they iron out the PC kinks.

spronk

FPS noob
the batman 89 (tim burton movie I assume) skins come with season pass now I guess, gotta say it looks absolutely awesome. I finished the game and traded it in already, but will rebuy and replay all the games in sequence once a PC GOTY is out for $5-10

e3p2BO.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Would pay good money for a Jack Nicholson Joker reskin for Arkham Knight.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In case there is anybody still here holding out for the PC patch. Here is the latest update on their progress...........

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: BatmanT: Arkham Knight

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC community,

The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game. We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We?ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along.

Below are some of the major fixes and improvements you can expect in the upcoming patch:

? Reduced frame rate hitches
? Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
? Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB

? More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
o Added a ?High? Texture Resolution value
o Added Texture Filtering option
o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
o Added VRAM Usage Meter
o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option

? Fixed low resolution texture bugs
? Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:

? Skipping the boot up splash screens
? DLC/Season Pass content
? Additional updates such as Photo Mode

We again thank you for your continued patience as we work on these issues. As always, we are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Nester

Vyemm Raider
25% off this game and the seasons pass on the PSN store atm. I think Xbox has something similar as well.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wonder how many people are actually working on the PC port now? Furthermore, will anybody buy it when the console versions have been out for months and the initial launch was such a fiasco?

I beat the PC version (and loved it, performance withstanding) within a week of it coming it out. Not sure that the fixes will be enough for me to back and play it again.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_114902.png

Can get a complete refund on this title before the end of 2015 no matter how much time you have played if you purchased it on Steam on PC.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I was really conflicted, because while I did enjoy the game, the port was offensively bad. I ultimately decided to get the refund and will pick it up again during a steam sale.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I didnt beat it but I got close.

I had zero reservations doing the full refund, because even though I enjoyed the game despite the driving being nearly impossible due to the slowdown at times, they shit the bed so hard trying to go cheap on the port by hiring incompetents to do the job that they really deseeve to be hit in their wallets over it.

Theyll never make that mistake again, hopefully.

And they make too mich on pc ports to just abandon it entirely.

I really think WB should be suing the company that did the port for all the refunded cash and lost sales, tbh.

Huh just noticed in my steam library that i have all the Arkham games , and looking at the boards it seems people that bought Knight for PC on steam got the other 3 with all DLC included for them for free. Nice , never did finish City or play Origins. After a quick google , this was announced in October that if you bought the game before Nov. 15th you would be given the other games free in Dec. , missed reading that. Not bad , had Asylum on my 360 and bootlegged City , so thanks WB!!!

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, it sucks for those of us who have bought and played all the previous Batman games though... like gee, what a generous "we're sorry" gift that amounts to literally nothing for your serious fans :p

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I was pretty happy with the full refund regardless how long you played the game they offered though.

That was a pretty good idea, imo. Especially in light of my already owning all the others on Steam.

Yeah i agree Amzin, just caught me off guard when i saw them in my library and just wanted to share in case anyone like me missed it when they first mentioned it.At first i thought maybe i bought them when there was a sale , but then remembered not wanting to buy origins as back then people were shitting on it. But heard its in better shape and not that bad story wise.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Origins is plenty good now. I played it end of last year/early this year and I thought it was better than City.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
I must be one of the lucky few, because the game ran great from the start. I beat it and moved on long before the patch. In my opinion, troubles aside, it was as good if not better than city.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If Arkham Knight ran better for you than Arkham City you are definitely one of the lucky few. The batmobile sequences were nigh unplayable without major tweaking on my part, and even then they were mid-teens FPS. The first time I hopped in the batmobile I was less than 1 FPS.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As long as I shut off the GameWorks stuff the game ran well on my computer. Not better than the previous two but not bad enough that it detracted from the game.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I lost interest when i needed to get the batmobile on a roof to use the winch. Enjoyed the game before that.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the usage of the batmobile got ridiculous, like the game was designed around forcing you into it. it was fun once or twice doing stuff like the riddler races or the mines stuff, but then it got shoved into everything.

i really enjoyed gliding around the city though as batman, doing a grapple, boost up, and glide over and over was just fantastic. Just Cause 3 does it too, but the knight system felt smoother.

the actual arkham knight stuff was just stupid and meaningless to a guy who doesn't really know much about the batman universe beyond the movies. I did like everything about "you know who" though.