Batman: Arkham Knight

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
WB isn't abandoning ship on the games just Rocksteady. Personally I didn't find Origins to be too much worse of quality than Asylum/City/Knight. Even if it was basically just an expansion pack.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's unfortunate that Rocksteady can't just abandon ship on WBIE entirely.

And you must have played Origins long after release, because it was even more of a mess than the PC version of Knight is. Instead of just being a shitty port it had actual game-breaking bugs.

Well cant seem to get the true ending , im missing 5 trophies and 2 breakables on founders island and not seeing anymore riddler henchmen to interrogate. Been all over map plenty of times also completed all missions but never picked the multi batarang so was fucked on one riddler trophy so had to use a trainer to get points to get the skill.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's unfortunate that Rocksteady can't just abandon ship on WBIE entirely.

And you must have played Origins long after release, because it was even more of a mess than the PC version of Knight is. Instead of just being a shitty port it had actual game-breaking bugs.
I think I did play Origins well after launch. I recall being apprehensive since another team was handling it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I played Origins just late last year and thought it was actually better than City in a lot of ways. Only encountered one bug (early on) and it just forced me to redo a fight, nothing major. So they had good follow-up at least. I'm still enjoying AK despite the shoddy performance, like 55-60% towards 100%'ing it, keeping the side stuff and main story line about even which is nice.

Nex

Molten Core Raider
Well cant seem to get the true ending , im missing 5 trophies and 2 breakables on founders island and not seeing anymore riddler henchmen to interrogate. Been all over map plenty of times also completed all missions but never picked the multi batarang so was fucked on one riddler trophy so had to use a trainer to get points to get the skill.
Look at the south end of Founders' Island inside the subway system. You'll probably find the missing trophies there. They aren't on the world map, but should show if you look at the subway map itself.

Column_sl

shitlord
Parked on the roof?? no problem..

1318933781453549603.gif

Look at the south end of Founders' Island inside the subway system. You'll probably find the missing trophies there. They aren't on the world map, but should show if you look at the subway map itself.
Well fuck me , thanks for that. FUcking shit was driving me nuts i kept clearing bad guys all over the map trying to get them to spawn thinking the remaining riddler items werent discovered yet.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Or you realize that the people defending it have little to no technical issues? The fact that some super fag with his gtx 9000000 can't play at 650 fps doesn't change that the game meets the expectations of most that picked it up on a console or that haven't seen the issues on their PC
That's kind of the point. It actually wasn't such a minor issue like a lot of people claimed, which made the people without issues look like dumbasses for thinking their anecdotal experience meant it was other users, not the port itself, that was the problem. A company doesn't take that kind of open apologetic stance if it's a minor issue. Maybe it was minor in the sense of only 10% of PC players had issues (I have no idea), but that's still many, many thousands of people and probably worse than a lot of launches which speaks to the quality of the port far more than user incompetence.

I never thought the game itself was bad, just the port.

So finished this and it was a ton fun. Got the true ending as well. Had one ctd when i opened the map and of course the slowdowns on batmobile summons although wasnt constant so that was bearable but on foot none whatsoever so was very playable. Have a gtx970 , granted my avg fps was only 47 with all settings maxed and gameworks on. Still stand by my stance that the story was top notch , great batman story although the conclusion of one let me down a tad expected it to play a larger role in the death of the batman.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So finished this and it was a ton fun. Got the true ending as well. Had one ctd when i opened the map and of course the slowdowns on batmobile summons although wasnt constant so that was bearable but on foot none whatsoever so was very playable. Have a gtx970 , granted my avg fps was only 47 with all settings maxed and gameworks on. Still stand by my stance that the story was top notch , great batman story although the conclusion of one let me down a tad expected it to play a larger role in the death of the batman.
Seems like they kept it open ended enough to make another game if they wanted, but I'm curious what angle they're playing with the Scarecrow toxin in the true ending.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Kotaku is actually pretty good at stories like this. They get some leaks before anyone else, like these:

Leaked Documents Reveal That Fallout 4 Is Real, Set In Boston
Sources: You Can Play As A Woman In Assassins Creed: Syndicate
Source: The Next Aliens Game Stars Ellen Ripleys Daughter
Next Years Creed Is Set In Victorian London [UPDATE]

It's literally impossible that WB didn't know about the issues, assuming they had QA testing at all (which they did). No, they probably just didn't anticipate the largest PC game retailer finally allowing refunds on purchases - which happened mere weeks before this launch. Otherwise PC players would have had no recourse, and would just have to wait for the patches months later like for Origins.

Column_sl

shitlord
Kotaku is actually pretty good at stories like this.
They may be right on the Batman game, but Kotaku in general has pretty shoddy reporting.

Always check your sources when reading anything off their site, I've see flat out lies in some of their articles because their journalists refuse to fact check.

spronk

FPS noob
Finished the game, didn't bother with the riddler stuff or platinum the game since theres no way I'll be able to 3 star all the AR challenges. I didn't play Origins and didn't finish City, so some of the callbacks were lost on me but I enjoyed the game. Felt very different from the more recent games I have been playing like RPGs and stuff, really enjoyed the comic book world. I didn't enjoy Scarecrow as a villain, he was so cliche and boring plus its hard to shake his terrible character from the Nolan movies. Plus the whole issue of a $100 billion private army invading America, but whatever.

The Harley Quinn DLC was also lame, about 20-30 mins of just going through 4 rooms attacking unarmed police offers in their own station (da fuq). Didn't buy from Gamestop so didn't have the Red Hood DLC.

I mostly enjoyed the combat but it got a little too over complicated for me during the harder fights, basically whenever I had to deal with guns and shocks and shield guys and brutes. I just can't remember some of the more intricate attack combos so wound up dying a lot. Fuck the asshole who decided to make some of the combos buttons that are opposite on the gamepad, I am not a goddamn 20 fingered monkey. I really enjoyed the more stealthy attack sections, when I could strategically use my disruptor and gel to stealth around and take out big groups, that was really fun.

I watched the Knightfall ending on youtube, glad i didn't spend an extra 10+ frustrating hours just to see that. Its cool though they put in a whole second ending for hardcore completionists but that felt like a stupid ending.

Trading the game in for $44 to best buy this week and rebuy in a year or two on steam when its $5 and GOTY

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Combat is something I feel like Rocksteady has always done right in the Arkham games (Origins wasn't done by Rocksteady). It can get overwhelming if you don't practice the combos and don't have a reflexive counter for whatever you're facing, but I don't think it's overly burdensome. In my experience, the combat is always fair (or errs on the side of the player) and consistent. For example, quick firing the electric gun into a mass of enemies will prefer to target the stun stick or the electric gloves brute.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I 100% the game last week aside from a couple of AR missions I haven't gotten to yet. Enjoyed pretty much the whole thing. Riddler challenges were varied and some actually required thinking. Didn't care for the "destructibles" still being a thing but they get marked super accurately when you interrogate guys. Almost all the side missions were interesting and fun, each had kind of their own style of gameplay. Batmobile stuff never really bothered me, I fully upgraded it early on and just took it to town on the tanks.

I'll probably do a NG+ when the PC patches finally get optimization up to snuff, but don't regret playing through it at all.