Batman: Arkham Knight

spronk

FPS noob
Theres like 243 riddler things in knight, and apparently to get the true ending you need to 100% the game - all side missions, all riddler quests, etc. so probably 30+ hours.

I like the game but after an hour or two I'm kinda bored, the open world is sorta cool and its fun flying in the air everywhere but at the same time the world feels kinda dead and empty. No problems at all on PS4 so far. Good game but ultimately, for me at least, not really a great game. I've only moderately enjoyed the others (still haven't bought/played Origins) so not a superfan of the series anyways, although Joker was my favorite part of the games especially one and two.

Nex

Molten Core Raider
Just beat it tonight at around 35 hours. Have everything done except for the Riddler collectables which will take another couple of hours at least.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
There are definitely a lot of optional things to do, but I enjoy the gameplay so much I don't mind them at all. Even the batmobile's combat mode I find pretty entertaining, though a couple of the reviews posted prior to launch said that the batmobile got repetitive.

At the end of the day, the gameplay is more of the same from Arkham City, but I don't see that as a bad thing. I'm enjoying the story too. The writers have outdone themselves with the witty banter and macabre jokes.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8S0dXPa.jpg

"ROCKSTEADY RESPONDS TO BATMAN DEBACLE, MAKES FANS MORE ANGRY" haha looks like some newspaper from 1950.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I just started reading this thread and it's funny seeing some of the fingers-in-my-ear defending initially and now WB is pulling the game temporarily.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't really get the hate for the Batmobile. You'd think it was like ME1's Mako the way people talk. In the end it's just another gadget, and I even prefer driving it around to doing the R1->XXXX spam to traverse the city.

Not a fan of the riddler shit this time though. 'The Burning Question' in particular was fucking infuriating.

Column_sl

shitlord
I don't really get the hate for the Batmobile. You'd think it was like ME1's Mako the way people talk.
You should know by now on the internet people bitch about everything, nothing is good enough.

spronk

FPS noob
I don't really get the hate for the Batmobile. You'd think it was like ME1's Mako the way people talk. In the end it's just another gadget, and I even prefer driving it around to doing the R1->XXXX spam to traverse the city.
I feel like the controls suffer from button fatigue, its relatively minor and easy to adapt but either I am flying around the city at ludicrous speed or I am in weapons mode and move like a Ford Pinto. I totally get their batmobile design and I could see the argument for it being elegant, but personally I just find it way too much shit to remember and try to do. I don't mind and it doesn't really change my opinion of the game too much, but end of the day it feels a bit exhausting.

I do fucking love flying around the city on my grapple gun, that shit never gets old to me especially when you grapple up and then boost to the sky.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I just started reading this thread and it's funny seeing some of the fingers-in-my-ear defending initially and now WB is pulling the game temporarily.
Or you realize that the people defending it have little to no technical issues? The fact that some super fag with his gtx 9000000 can't play at 650 fps doesn't change that the game meets the expectations of most that picked it up on a console or that haven't seen the issues on their PC

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I mean the port was a super fail, but the game is rock solid. I think it's easy to confuse/construe those points as saying the game overall is bad. It's not.

Yeah , performance aside , the game and story are top notch...I mean the game is fun as hell and the story is all kinds of awesome. Sure some of it can get repetitive but I was enjoying myself throughout didnt even register as "fuck not this again" i liked blowing up tanks , or taking out that guard tower or find a way in to get that riddler trophy. Fun shit , glad i bought it. But as for performance , i mean not sure how bad it is for some people...but i only experienced slowdowns here and there and that was mainly when i would summon the batmobile or in high speed parts , like chasing the convoys. Was brief as well , to where it really didnt hamper my game experience , maybe cause i find the game highly enjoyable that I am ignoring the problems just to play more of it , but im fine with that. Cause the moments between batman and his hallucination is fucking awesome.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah , performance aside , the game and story are top notch...I mean the game is fun as hell and the story is all kinds of awesome. Sure some of it can get repetitive but I was enjoying myself throughout didnt even register as "fuck not this again" i liked blowing up tanks , or taking out that guard tower or find a way in to get that riddler trophy. Fun shit , glad i bought it. But as for performance , i mean not sure how bad it is for some people...but i only experienced slowdowns here and there and that was mainly when i would summon the batmobile or in high speed parts , like chasing the convoys. Was brief as well , to where it really didnt hamper my game experience , maybe cause i find the game highly enjoyable that I am ignoring the problems just to play more of it , but im fine with that. Cause the moments between batman and his hallucination is fucking awesome.
You really think its top notch? I think Im pretty disappointed by it (and I had no issues with crashes/fps etc). The main story seemed pretty weak to me. Flying about is as fun as always and I enjoyed the batmobile, but the side quests were pretty awful .. completely repetitive. Its worth picking up for the main story (Joker is the highlight as always), but overall it doesn't come close to my expectations, which are admittedly high after Witcher 3.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You really think its top notch? I think Im pretty disappointed by it (and I had no issues with crashes/fps etc). The main story seemed pretty weak to me. Flying about is as fun as always and I enjoyed the batmobile, but the side quests were pretty awful .. completely repetitive. Its worth picking up for the main story (Joker is the highlight as always), but overall it doesn't come close to my expectations, which are admittedly high after Witcher 3.
Hehe, well comparing it to one of the best story driven games of the decade (ever?) is a tad harsh.

However, I played this for two hours, stopped and played through Origins (wanted to have finished every game in the series before starting this). Starting this again now and it is easily the best Batman game so far, based on early game. And A++++ to the dev who said "lets not cancel out animations whenever Batman bumps into a wall anymore, but rather let him jump off it and continue whatever he was doing".

Granted I am not far, and I do see the repetitive nature of the side quests, but that was the same for all the Batman games.

That said, with the amount of driving there is in this game (early on) and if it continues (based on reviews it does), if you get FPS lag/stutters, it will be unplayable. Glad to see the outrage though. Hopefully it will cause developers and publishers to learn not to release unfinished/untested games.

It is top notch , so many great moments in it....the side quests are dull( two face , penguin and so on) story wise , but action wise tons of fun. I mean , it is very well written... you have 3 main plots in this one of course being who is the Arkham Knight and then you have Scarecrow and then the last one which will become evident as you play more and the latter has me really intrigued as where it will go. Some truly wtf moments in it as well which has me glued to my controller as I want to see where it goes. Im happy with it , and thats all i ask a game provide me , entertainment for hours and this surely delivers.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
This has got to be a joke.
Well the sentiment behind the statement isn't a joke. It would be nice if it happened. In a perfect gamer world, every game would be made for PC and ported to console, not the other way around. That would create more and faster progress in terms of physics and graphics. It won't happen though.

If we were to take hope away from the scenario and add in reality, we are probably more likely to see developers/publishers take the backlash negatively (towards PC users) and focus even more attention on consoles rather than PC. Wouldn't be shocked at all really to see the next Batman (if there was one planned) skip PC all together and just focus on console.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just beat it after 35ish hours. I couldn't bring myself to find all the Riddler trophies and shamelessly youtubed the endings. The 100% completion ending makes me wonder (post-game spoilers):

Is Gordon using Scarecrow's toxin to control the criminals? He specifically comments that criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot, then the next scene is the criminals apparently under the effects of Scarecrow's toxin seeing a demonic Batman.

It's a shame that this is the last Rocksteady Batman. I'd play the shit out of these, even if they were on a CoD-like yearly release cycle.