Batman: Arkham Knight

Column_sl

shitlord
I seriously doubt that the game is a 7 out of 10 after playing Arkham City. That would mean it would rate under the first one which was an extremely short game.

I have faith they will knock it out of the park again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Their Heroes of the Storm review was absurd. I don't really care they gave it a 6.5 but the fact that the text was full of flat-out misinformation really bugged me. But I haven't put any stock in game reviews in such a long time since it became obvious video game journalism was the biggest joke around and after seeing pictures of the huge pre-launch parties studios threw for these sleezeballs.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Think I'm done with IGN
Yeah they suck.

Sounds like two things that really pissed off Van Ord was that they give away (with tons of too much foreshadowing) who the Arkham Knight is to a fault so the twist/surprise doesn't ever happen, along with being forced to use the Bat Mobile damn near a third of the game. So two things could have fixed it. A little less obvious on the foreshadowing, and allow players to play through certain puzzles the way they want to play through them instead of being forced to use the Bat Mobile without any other options.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
For reference, Gamespot gave the Arkham games 9, 9, 6, 7.

and if Arkham Asylum was a 9, and we're not using decimals, Arkham City was an 8. Asylum was definitely a better game than City, although obviously City was still quite good.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I seriously doubt that the game is a 7 out of 10 after playing Arkham City. That would mean it would rate under the first one which was an extremely short game.

I have faith they will knock it out of the park again.
Ya but 9.2? That kind of score should be reserved for classics.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
City was a way better game in every way. This board lol
No. Asylum had much better puzzles to figure out the rooms. City's puzzles were repetitive and most of them were solved by just brute forcing them with takedowns and running away. I liked both games but I preferred Asylum.

Column_sl

shitlord
It did not. In fact I played those games back to back. If you think Asylum had good puzzles you are insane. The Arkham games have never been good with intelligent puzzles anyway.

City was the superior story, and batman experience. Asylum can literally be beaten in one sitting. It is that short, and the end fight with Joker is laughably easy.

Column_sl

shitlord
Main + Extras 16h 45m

Main + Extras 22h 32m

Thats a 6 hour diffrence....

If you ever played City's DLC you would immediately know that it is not a 6 hour DLC. More like half an hour of Robin running around

And In the all play styles category. City clocks in at over 5 hours longer then Asylum.

For Completionists, City almost doubles the time of Asylum at 26 vs 48 hours.

Column_sl

shitlord
They both have a shitload of filler.... have you even played these games? Look at their main story line scores..

And no I don't agree, all the mad hatter stuff, the Ras side stories and everything else was extremely fun to play in City.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So we agree that City has more pointless filler than Asylum.
I liked both Asylum and City, and even started playing Origins on Steam again recently.

I think the thing for me is it's the same damn game over and over again. Except in this one I guess you can target guns to make them inoperable and your Bat Mobile gets forced on you.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love the combat and storylines and flying around Gotham... But the rinse and repeat is getting tiresome.

A new Batman Era would be epic here. Like bringing it back to the days of Adam West. Similar to what Rockstar did with Red Dead Redemption. Or just shitcan Batman and make a Superman game in this same fashion with entirely new play features. Can you imagine a game made by Rocksteady with all the play functionality of Batman's combat responsiveness with completely new Superman powers like X-Ray vision, cold breath, light rays from the eyes, I mean the possibilities here are endless.

Column_sl

shitlord
I mean don't get me wrong, I love the combat and storylines and flying around Gotham... But the rinse and repeat is getting tiresome.

A new Batman Era would be epic here. Like bringing it back to the days of Adam West. Similar to what Rockstar did with Red Dead Redemption. Or just shitcan Batman and make a Superman game in this same fashion with entirely new play features.
Well you are not going to love this new game then, I can guarantee it. It will be the same thing with some new stuff added to it. It's basically the Nintendo philosophy of making games.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Well you are not going to love this new game then, I can guarantee it. It will be the same thing with some new stuff added to it. It's basically the Nintendo philosophy of making games.
I know. With the talent they have they should be doing something fresh.