Batman: Arkham Knight

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
They should do a Batman game in a grand theft auto type setting. Add the fighting abilities and gadgets and stuff to a GTA 5 and I'd be all over that.

Solariss

Golden Squire
They should do a Batman game in a grand theft auto type setting. Add the fighting abilities and gadgets and stuff to a GTA 5 and I'd be all over that.
Isn't that what it already is? Not sure what you're trying to say... But an open world Gotham with the batmobile where you go around and complete missions sounds pretty close to a GTA type setting to me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except in Arkham Knight, when you pancake a group of goons at full speed in the Batmobile, you're still somehow not violating Batman's no killing rule.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm kind of disappointed that Roger Smith didn't reprise the role of Batman. Conroy is the iconic voice of the animated series, but I don't think he suits a 30-something Batman. Smith did a great job balancing the stoic and the menacing in my opinion.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have they said how much gameplay the Harley Quinn pre-order thing is? GameFly just shipped the PS4 version to me, so I won't be getting that, and I'm curious if it's a minor pre-order bonus or if it's a basically the equivalent of an 'online pass' like Catwoman was in Arkham City. Googling it gives articles that are conflicted about whether it's just challenge maps or part of the main game.

Edit: Also, Asylum >>>> City, and Origins was so bad I couldn't even make myself finish it. Bugs were a big part of that, yes, but mostly it was how badly the C-team screwed up the combat.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
pre loading now, wonder when it unlocks PST. Would be great if it was at 9 or else not sure when i'll get to play for a couple days. Hate Tuesday releases, shit blows.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly it's worldwide launch at midnight EDT, so you may get your wish.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's got two release times apparently. Supposedly in like 4 hours or so in Europe and midnight-ish CST in the States. It's possible to launch it early in the US using a VPN and as far as anyone knows that's never led to any kind of problems.

Edit: It looks like it may just be set to release at midnight at your time zone. Which makes it all the dumber.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Anyone bothered unlocking via VPN? If so, any pro tips? I remember unlocking BF3 a few hours (actually maybe like 12?) with VPN, but I haven't had an occasion to unlock another game early.

Column_sl

shitlord
Looks like my Steam ticker got updated to say approximately 3 hours, but the DLC ticker is on 2 hours. So midnight est should be when it launches imo

spronk

FPS noob
looks like another shitty PC port. locked to 30 fps (edit Batman Arkham Knight\BmGame\ Config\BmSystemSettings.ini and change MaxFPS=30 to fix) but people are saying it still drops to single digit FPS in some parts of the game. Doesn't work with AMD crossfire. Denova DRM may be fucking things up too. Texture and aliasing problems for many.

PS4 version is rock solid, only 30 FPS but it never dips below apparently. Another case of a shitty PC port, hopefully gets fixed up ASAP though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Mine doesn't seem to be at 30, ran the benchmark test and never dipped below 55 w/ V Sync 50 minimum.