Batman: Arkham Knight

Generol_sl

shitlord
I've been playing it for a few days now due to early release through industry but only now have began the "day one" patch. Man this is massive. It makes sense as there are no loading screens but I don't think I have ever seen a patch of this size for a console game before.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not only is this about as bad as Arkham Origins, it couldn't possibly be more obvious that the Arkham Knight is Talia.

Tons of bad reviews on steam , lots of stuttering and frame rate loss according to most of the reviews. Could be they didnt install the new drivers for it , anyone here with a 970+ having issues with the new drivers? Kinda dont wana pull the trigger and then wait to play it cause of these problems?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Only played 10 or so minutes, no problems w/ new driver and 980ti noticed. capped FPS (59) w/out gameworks, 50 or so w/ gameworks stuff all turned on, 1440p. Will get some more time in tomorrow night.

Benchmark looks awful w/out gameworks smoke on, which is a bit overdone on the batmobile but otherwise looks great.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
looks like another shitty PC port. locked to 30 fps (edit Batman Arkham Knight\BmGame\ Config\BmSystemSettings.ini and change MaxFPS=30 to fix) but people are saying it still drops to single digit FPS in some parts of the game. Doesn't work with AMD crossfire. Denova DRM may be fucking things up too. Texture and aliasing problems for many.

PS4 version is rock solid, only 30 FPS but it never dips below apparently. Another case of a shitty PC port, hopefully gets fixed up ASAP though.
I started buying console versions of games instead of the PC versions after the first Borderlands. First game I experienced when the console version at release was drastically better than the PC. I don't regret the preference switch at all. The PC version of multi-platform games have been a shit show at release for a while. The master race isn't so master anymore.

Column_sl

shitlord
No problems here on a Nvidia Titan, Running at 60fps haven't encountered any dips in fps yet.

Maybe people aren't running the driver ,and game patches.

Good to be back in Gotham.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm running a 970 and getting massive frame drops when doing anything in the batmobile, like the screen will freeze for seconds at a time.

Column_sl

shitlord
Over 2 hours in still running smooth with everything maxed. Haven't any massive frame drops in the most congested outside areas.

Max sure you have the latest Nvidia driver. Otherwise dunno, 3 of just posted saying we are playing fine all Nvidia cards.

Fear takedowns are the tits.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Wow. Only 36% out of 1272 reviews on steam are positive.

Not bought it yet, and now I am skeptical. Don't want to buy it on the PS4 as it costs so much more compared to a PC copy. Can get the version with the season pass for close to the regular game on PS4.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it was just the initial batmobile stuff that was causing problems. It was also raining and I had turned on the Gameworks rain stuff, so maybe that had something to do with it? I've had the newest Nvidia driver (June 22) installed the whole time.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Over 2 hours in still running smooth with everything maxed. Haven't any massive frame drops in the most congested outside areas.

Max sure you have the latest Nvidia driver. Otherwise dunno, 3 of just posted saying we are playing fine all Nvidia cards.

Fear takedowns are the tits.
You're an outlier. The reviews on Steam are terrible.

I'll definitely be waiting for the patch/fixes(And most likely a price drop).

Column_sl

shitlord
Possibly, but just going through this thread. We have 3 people saying they have no problems, and one who had problems who said they were fixed by turning off the Physx.

Just looking at the streams going this morning including man vs game, they are all saying its fine.

So how much of this is user error? how many of the bad reviews come from people who didn't upgrade their video drivers, and patch the game? Or are playing on settings that their current PC can't handle?

Also there is quite abit of mis information. Spronk reported the game did not run over 30fps, and I can verify that is not the case. It's running at 60fps in game, and on the in game bench mark it's reporting over 85.

IMHO, when Batman Origins launched it had way more issues then this game has.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You're an outlier. The reviews on Steam are terrible.

I'll definitely be waiting for the patch/fixes(And most likely a price drop).
Me too. Looks like the same game on streams as well, so easily a 20 dollar purchase in a few months. I still have a lot of Witcher 3 to conquer and a lot of back log I have decided to catch up on before purchasing any other games. If it was something outstanding I am guessing I would cave, but I have played this exact game 3 times already. So it can wait.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Can't say for the story so far since I haven't played much but for performance I'm getting less than column but I don't have a titan either. Never dipped below 50 for me on i5-4690k, gtx 970 and 16 GB ram.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I started buying console versions of games instead of the PC versions after the first Borderlands. First game I experienced when the console version at release was drastically better than the PC. I don't regret the preference switch at all. The PC version of multi-platform games have been a shit show at release for a while. The master race isn't so master anymore.
Don't indite the hardware of platform for lazy developers who are clearly console-first. But that said PC is still the superior experience for many, many games. Even multi plats.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm really liking the Batmobile, at first I thought it would be just some fluff thing, but I don't think I will ever get sick of driving up buildings with a grappling hook.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Looks like it's just a 1:1 port from console to PC. People reporting it's got a huge memory leak (one user with 16gb reported it was using 12gb after 15 minutes, then eventually crashed at 15gb), plus the capped 30FPS that needs .ini tweaking to unlock. That seems to be the just of the Steam reviews.

WB might be worse than Ubisoft at this point.

Column_sl

shitlord
plus the capped 30FPS that needs .ini tweaking to unlock.
Why are you quoting that when we have 5 people in this thread playing it, and saying that is false.

I swear some shit just goes viral, and it's like hive mind " I read it on the internet so it must be true"

No clue on the memory leak thing, It's not happening on my system, but I'm still using windows 7 so it might be something with the newer OS.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Why are you quoting that when we have 5 people in this thread playing it, and saying that is false.

I swear some shit just goes viral, and it's like hive mind " I read it on the internet so it must be true"

No clue on the memory leak thing, It's not happening on my system, but I'm still using windows 7 so it might be something with the newer OS.
One person saying "it doesn't seem locked", and another saying it was and the actual INI file posted you need to change. Plus thousands of posts on Reddit confirmed the same thing...

Column_sl

shitlord
Reddit lol. Like I said we have 5 people in this very thread saying we didn't tweek our INI, and we are playing over 30fps....

I think I'll trust this forum over Reddit, sorry.

If you want to see for yourself just go to Man vs Game right now, hes playing on PC for hours with no memory leaks, and over 30 fps.