Batman: Arkham Origins

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
hey guys, how do i get into the evidence locker at the GCPD to get the disruptor?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Pretty good game, i'd say just as good as Arkham City. I think people are thinking of it as a lesser game because it hardly improved on AC. But if AO came after AA, people would be singing its praises.

Combat felt off, it was much harder to get combos going and counter timing felt off because of fewer animation frames of the enemies.
World felt under utilized. You have twice the area of AC and I felt like most of it was just empty.
I think as far mechanics, gadgets, fighting goes - this game is pretty much done evolving. The only thing left to improve on is the story line and so far its been the same basic story line with joker (i.e. he impersonates someone else, etc.). They really need to shake this game up somehow to make in new again.

They also need to make this game with Spiderman instead of Batman.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I started playing this and I was like, "finally, a Batman game without the Joker! We'll get to focus on some of the other awesome villains." Then I played a bit more and I was like, "well, shit."

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The thing I hated about this game, which I hate about all the Batman games, is many of the trophies and places not accessible until you get certain stuff. Like one of the radio towers I thought I just glide under the tunnel and get in. Nope you need glue grenade. Most, if not all, of the trophies were just figuring out which gadget to use to gain access. None of it was really thinking. It felt more shallow than AC to me.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I started playing this and I was like, "finally, a Batman game without the Joker! We'll get to focus on some of the other awesome villains." Then I played a bit more and I was like, "well, shit."
Arkham Knight is guaranteed to not have the Joker, or at least as guaranteed as an on-camera death scene (with a body) can be. They're actually creating a new villain (the Arkham Knight) for the end of the trilogy. They're consulting with DC on it according to the gameinformer article.

The thing I hated about this game, which I hate about all the Batman games, is many of the trophies and places not accessible until you get certain stuff. Like one of the radio towers I thought I just glide under the tunnel and get in. Nope you need glue grenade. Most, if not all, of the trophies were just figuring out which gadget to use to gain access. None of it was really thinking. It felt more shallow than AC to me.
Not a fan of Zelda either, I'm guessing?

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Arkham Knight is guaranteed to not have the Joker, or at least as guaranteed as an on-camera death scene (with a body) can be. They're actually creating a new villain (the Arkham Knight) for the end of the trilogy. They're consulting with DC on it according to the gameinformer article.
An on-screen death, and a dev saying on video (and I believe this is an accurate quote), "the Joker's dead. Dead, dead, deaddeaddeaddeaddeadeadeadead. He's not coming back." I'm guessing they're not going to try to sneak him in.

Caliane

Not a fan of Zelda either, I'm guessing?
haha. yeah sure on no joker this time for realz.

Also, he is just saying its a lazy batroidvania. Not that he dislikes the genre entirely.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The gadgets/puzzles/everything being almost entirely the same every game isn't helping it much.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The gadgets/puzzles/everything being almost entirely the same every game isn't helping it much.
And their use gets more and more boring. On you got the glue grenade? Now you can create a raft to float across this body of water! Oh you got the ice grenade (I know not in AO)? Now you can plug up steam vents! So cool, huh?!

About the only gadgets that are fun are the baterang and remote baterang.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
just saw the trailer for arkham knight. looks pretty awesome. hard to believe they are ending these series.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
the batmobile has always been ghey

what they really should be placing more emphasis on is the detective portion. this game needs more puzzles

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Expansion DLC came out a week ago, called Cold Cold Heart.

Anyone played it?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Expansion DLC came out a week ago, called Cold Cold Heart.

Anyone played it?

It has some interesting, ideas the Cold batsuit is fun to mess around in, but mehhh at least it's not a blatant rip-off of AC, like the first part of Origins was ~

Haka

N00b
Finished this game today. It was a solid enough of a game, but in my mind a definite step below the other 2 Batman games, which were exceptional from start to finish imo. the game just seemed a bit like a cheap knock off, with nothing really new brought to the game and a lot of things literal copies of the previous game. This game, unlike the other two, was also extremely buggy for me, crashing a bunch of times, and glitching out often when I was flying around, or getting stuck in some position somewhere. The story was ok, nothing special like previous games. Having to fight Bane twice in pretty much the exact same way was a bit of a drag. Also, one of the challenges (the one with the 4 exotic takedowns) had to be done relatively early on (the bank) or else you never advanced in that one.

I would still give this franchise another chance but I'd like to see a new take on it, with new gadgets or a new approach. Also I think I'm done collecting riddler/enigma trophies, thx.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm still saying that Origins is a steaming pile of shit, and WB basically took "Arkham City" from Rocksteady for a quick cash grab.

Arkham Knight seems like it's gonna be a good one, with it being the end of the "Arkham" line but we shall see.(and of course gotta out-smart enigma it's the best part)

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Just beat it. I actually liked it more than Arkham City. At first, I didn't know what to think of the Arkham City layout being reused, but I was pleasantly surprised that the reconstructed areas were unrecognizable and I thought the interior levels were downright cool. The story was much darker than that of its predecessor and seeing such a wide array of villains didn't hurt. And WB Games managed to do something that Rocksteady couldn't: provide a decent depiction of Bane.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Late to the party, I know, but I recently finished Arkham City (which I adored) and I'm about a third into Origins...

I'm OK with recycling the game world, I don't really mind that I'm doing pretty much all the same moves I've done for 2 other games, I can even get into collecting Enigma packages, but holy shit those bugs. Getting stuck on level architecture, triggering a broken event that won't let you continue, jerky camera, graphical glitches and so on and so on... Nothing breaks my immersion more than having to worry about the next bug that's going to pop up. It actually made me appreciate Arkham City even more, as there was only 1 progress-preventing bug I found that was easily fixed.

I'm still really enjoying the game, and the way they integrate the combat/predator missions and side challenges with the main story had me caring about that stuff for the first time in the series, but those bugs are a big disappointment.