Batman: Arkham Origins

Sean_sl

shitlord
Just finished it, pretty good. Great way to do an origin story. Wish I could finish the side-quest stuff, stupid bugs. Hopefully that's patched before I stop caring. Guess I could try to redo it in new-game plus, but meh.

And now onto the Vita version!

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, can't finish the Enigma line of stuff since Bird's sidemission is bugged for me and I can't get a couple of the datapacks since they are in an area unlocked by doing his side shit, awesome.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I can't seem to consistently do a drop attack on someone if I'm already gliding. If I'm already on the side of the building I just hold down the button, easy peasy. But I can't seem to master doing it while in the air =\
Yea, this is similar for me, in the same way that Dandai states.

Eventually I just started doing dive bombs as that was far easier. It seems to me in order to do the glide kick accurately you need to not be actively gliding (IE not holding space) but leaping off of a building or at the apex of a starting glide. For example, if I really feel like I need to do a glide kick to initiate a fight, then I'll just batclaw onto something nearby and hit space to do the rapid acceleration, then when I am at the very top of the jump I will hit glide kick. It'll enter you into a glide itself and you'll execute it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Anyone that gives the game a 5 is an asshat.

A 3.5 should get you booted out of videogame journalism.

Only bad part of the game is the bugs, which doesn't effect the main storyline that much since you can just restart from last checkpoint.
Yeah it sucks for the Sandbox missions, but it will get patched.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The obvious bugs are far from being the only bad thing about this game. The whole thing is a recycled mess with a story and city-design that makes no sense at all if you stop to think about it for two seconds and, even worse, the combat is clunky and glitchy where it was perfectly smooth in Rocksteady's games. I'm sure the game-breaking bugs will be patched, but I don't have much faith in WB Montreal fixing anything beyond that.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I personally thought the story was fantastic. It's a great origin story for how Arkham Asylum came to be as it is. The entirety of the Joker stuff as soon as you start the Hotel is amazing.

The way they slightly changed the feel of the combat really screwed up my enjoyment of that part of the game for sure though. Just that tiny tweak broke the fuck out of the flow of it.

I'd still give the game a 7, just on the strength of the story, but yeah, they totally fucked some shit up.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
To put this in to perspective. This guy rated ARMY OF TWO: CALL OF JUAREZ a 4. So he's saying this game was worse than that piece of shit. He has no credibility.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Jim Sterling's reviews are pretty much *all over the place*. The dude gave Ragnarok Odyssey on the Vita a 9/10. Now, I have not played that game yet, but it sure as fuck doesn't look like a 9 to me.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He also gave RE6 a 3 and Deadly Premonition a 10, so he can't be all bad.

Fuck scores anyway, that's just metacritic bullshit. I can't begin to count the number of reviews I've read that shit all over a game and then gave it an 8+, or conversely, praised nearly everything about a game and then dumped a 6.5 on it. It's the text of his review that I agree 100% with.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
My Deadshot side mission is bugged, somehow finished him with a silent takedown and it messed up. So basically its just the hostage on his knees with an empty bank. So much for finishing that one.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
My Deadshot side mission is bugged, somehow finished him with a silent takedown and it messed up. So basically its just the hostage on his knees with an empty bank. So much for finishing that one.
Just have to do restart. Did the same thing for me, killed him from 50% health with a batclaw. Just restarted and it worked fine.

The dude's just begging for views basically by numbering the game so low. It's no where near what you would rate other games as a 3.5. I wouldn't say it's as fun as Arkham City, but then against I'd also rank Arkham City as probably the best game in this genre of video games.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sterling's reviews are just click bait.

I'm enjoying the game somewhat more than Arkham City, but still found AC and AO to be inferior to Arkham Asylum.

AC really kinda had great combat but I didn't care about the story, finished the game in fits and starts over like a 6 month period, and couldn't get engaged in at all. I really enjoy the boss fights so far, Deathstroke was enjoyable, Copperhead was interesting, Deadshot's fight was a neat set up.

Its not perfect, the combat change was annoying to get used to and still catches me up at times, but so far I've been enjoying it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Played New Game Plus up through Penguin's Ship.

Do not want. It was frustrating and obnoxious. The shitty combat tweaks they did that make the regular first Story mode feel off and irksome make NG+ a completely unenjoyable chore.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody having issues with Shadow Vigilante: Rank 12?Perform 20 critical strikes in one free flow combo?I swear I've got 70+ crit combo's going before, but no dice. Am I missing something?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Anybody having issues with Shadow Vigilante: Rank 12?Perform 20 critical strikes in one free flow combo?I swear I've got 70+ crit combo's going before, but no dice. Am I missing something?
Do you have the Critical Strikes upgrade from Shiva? Counter Crits don't count.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Played New Game Plus up through Penguin's Ship.

Do not want. It was frustrating and obnoxious. The shitty combat tweaks they did that make the regular first Story mode feel off and irksome make NG+ a completely unenjoyable chore.
I played some of it, I really don't even notice the difference to be completely honest. The only annoying thing is the knife fuckers, I usually bust out a combo/destroy on them right off the start though.