Batman: Arkham Origins

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody having issues with Shadow Vigilante: Rank 12?Perform 20 critical strikes in one free flow combo?I swear I've got 70+ crit combo's going before, but no dice. Am I missing something?
No, I don't. Thanks for the tip, that's definitely my problem.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
For the life of me I can't figure out when to hit to reliably get crits. I turned the hints on and they just spam "pressed too soon." I have gotten crits, of course, and I'm not spamming the button, but I can't reliably reproduce crits in a chain.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much do it after your previous attack finishes. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes a joke. Just test to see how long you can actually wait before pressing it, after a couple times you should have it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
For the life of me I can't figure out when to hit to reliably get crits. I turned the hints on and they just spam "pressed too soon." I have gotten crits, of course, and I'm not spamming the button, but I can't reliably reproduce crits in a chain.
Hrm, I get crits non-stop with the ability you get from Shiva. Just punch at a steady pace, don't spam and deliberately press Square/X/Punch Button for each hit you want to do.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Has critting been like this in the whole series? It's been a while since I've played City. I remember there being a sweet spot but this feels like I'm doing a lot of standing around, waiting for the animation to finish.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jesus christ, they're making a sequel to Arkham City and a Suicide Squad game. Rocksteady evidently doing AC Sequel and WB:Mont. doing Suicide Squad.

They're milking the fuck out of this series.

Column_sl

shitlord
They set up the suicide squad at the end of the game, so you knew it was either going to be a DLC, or a new game.
It's a good opportunity for the Montreal studio to break free from Arkham, and try some new stuff.

A sequel to AC by Rocksteady is going to be epic. Milk away boys.

also once you learn this

Just punch at a steady pace, don't spam and deliberately press Square/X/Punch Button for each hit you want to do
Origins combat is enjoyable. With the Shock gloves it gets even more crazy. I maxed my combat tree out completely in the first playthrough, its way more useful then the other skill trees.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
If they released an Arkham game every year like they do Call of Duty, it would be a day one purchase for me. I love these games. How long has Rocksteady been working on the Arkham City sequel?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate on the Vita isreally good, btw.

It's basically a Batman Metroidvania game. Batroidvania.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Btw Sutekh there's a bunch of Suicide Squad References in Batman AO Blackgate so far. They are definitely setting something up.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Btw Sutekh there's a bunch of Suicide Squad References in Batman AO Blackgate so far. They are definitely setting something up.
I thought Suicide Squad was confirmed already (beyond nods in both the recently released Arkham games)?

Sean_sl

shitlord
I thought Suicide Squad was confirmed already (beyond nods in both the recently released Arkham games)?
Was it? I hadn't actually looked into it, only saw Sutekh talking about it and saw the in-game stuff for it in AO and AO Blackgate.

Column_sl

shitlord
There's no confirmation of that other then teases in both games.

They confirmed a Suicide Squad game back in 2012 that still hasnt come out

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ah, yeah, thought I hadn't seen anything official on it. The stuff in AO Blackgate is waaaaay more than a tease though. It's pretty blatant.

Also, Blackgate was great, like a really great Batroidvania game. But... $40 was way too much for it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ah, yeah, thought I hadn't seen anything official on it. The stuff in AO Blackgate is waaaaay more than a tease though. It's pretty blatant.

Also, Blackgate was great, like a really great Batroidvania game. But... $40 was way too much for it.
In that video linked earlier (I think I saw it here) the dude doing to the preview says it's from a couple of the guys who made metroid prime.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lol got to the end of the game

fighting bane in the prison in a fight similar to the Mr Freeze fight in AC

Annnnd the whole game is bugged. When to restart from checkpoint and it goes back to the cutscene
where Joker escapes and you have to revive Bane after telling Gordon to go seal up the prison so Joker can't get out
and when it gets back to where you
fight bane
and the screen is black.

What's worse?
Bane can still attack and kill me, but the screen is solid black and giving me the prompt to revive Bane with X lololol

Suuuuuuucks balls. Big time.

Up to this point, I've been surprisingly pleased with this game, despite the bad reviews. I do think its a pretty decent title if you liked the other two and want more of that, but damn.

Frustrating as hell.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The game was updated on Steam, and they fixed the stuck vent in the Comms Tower. I got worried when I went up the vent again and my hands clipped through the wall, but it lets you climb up now
wink.png
Among other fixes.

"NOVEMBER 1 - EWBIE
Fix for the issue that was causing credits, consumables, and profile progress to not be saved in Multiplayer.
Fix for the Burnley Tower vent that Batman wasn't able to climb up
Fix for Free Flow Focus mode not unlocking upon unlocking Shadow Vigilante rank 3
Fixed player falling through elevators/world in most cases. For players that were stuck in free fall loop; if you are not back into the game or if it looks weird around you when you load the game, here are the steps.
Go in pause menu and select Restart from Checkpoint.
If Restart from checkpoint didn't work, trying beating up all enemies around you.
If there aren't any enemies around you, try going through a door.
Those steps should get you back into the game."

..wait there's a multiplayer? Hmm