Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always thought it would have been better and more fitting with the new grimdark setting if Superman killed Zod by blasting through the back of his head with his own heat vision. Would have looked awesomely brutal too. Show from the front so you cant see Supes, then show his heat vision suddenly stop, then show his eyes start to glow, then show the heat vision blast out of them, stop, and he falls over, and you see Superman's eyes still glowing and smoke rising from the back of Zod's head.

Much more brutal and personal than breaking his neck, but still sanitary enough for PG-13.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I always thought it would have been better and more fitting with the new grimdark setting if Superman killed Zod by blasting through the back of his head with his own heat vision. Would have looked awesomely brutal too. Show from the front so you cant see Supes, then show his heat vision suddenly stop, then show his eyes start to glow, then show the heat vision blast out of them, stop, and he falls over, and you see Superman's eyes still glowing and smoke rising from the back of Zod's head.

Much more brutal and personal than breaking his neck, but still sanitary enough for PG-13.
If they were dead set on killing Zod no matter what, I wish it had been exactly as you described. That would have been awesome.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sigh.

Superman, champion of the opressed. The best of humanity. The epitome of our human potential murders the last surviving member of his own race with laser beams through the head. Yay murder.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Sigh.

Superman, champion of the opressed. The best of humanity. The epitome of our human potential murders the last surviving member of his own race with laser beams through the head. Yay murder.
He's an illegal alien who's presence has cost countless lives and billions in damages. He's a god damn menace!

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Re: Superman Lives

Holy shit.

c159fd341c1f91674ad48caa5f0d3f89.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sigh.

Because tossing people in the phantom zone for all eternity with no chance of escape is somehow better than murder. At least this Superman isn't a coward like the council of Krypton. (or Batman)

Besides, snapping his neck is basically going halfway. I was just saying if they were gonna go grimdark, they should have just gone full grimdark. Would you be satisfied if he tore off all of Zod's limbs and then gouged out his eyes so he could safely interned on earth? Except Kryptonian flight is basically telekinesis, so he could still levitate himself and batter around blindly, destroying anything in his path.

rrr_img_104500.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i like how the doc and the effects ppl complained about the red diaper and dated outfit, and they still put him in a red diaper and a horrible body suit. the doc was really boring, one of the most boring doc's i've seen this year, the effects ppl were also just plain stupid. I'm pretty sure it's horrible specials effects that they do is the cause for all this CGI overload. also for those wondering, mullet superman was a thing for a few years, cuz wtf superman just sucks.
supermullet4.jpg

radditsu

Because tossing people in the phantom zone for all eternity with no chance of escape is somehow better than murder. At least this Superman isn't a coward like the council of Krypton. (or Batman)

Besides, snapping his neck is basically going halfway. I was just saying if they were gonna go grimdark, they should have just gone full grimdark. Would you be satisfied if he tore off all of Zod's limbs and then gouged out his eyes so he could safely interned on earth? Except Kryptonian flight is basically telekinesis, so he could still levitate himself and batter around blindly, destroying anything in his path.

rrr_img_104500.jpg
Once again we have to go meta and realize that if you put Superman in a position where he HAS to murder to win, it sucks as a Superman story. It's nihilist Goyer bullshit. The guy who goes to the fortress of solitude to do physics , build super powered robots and build time machines should be able to think his way out of a code of not killing.

But whatever suck this movies dick guys. I am kinda done defending the Ideal of the best of humanity when everybody is bored of that. Instead lets be facinated that the biggest, smartest, fastest, strongest, unable to be checked guy is a shitty superhero, because everything since 84 has to be Grimdark and Sad. Because comics are ADULT NOW GUYS. Lets nitpick everything pure and good and fun to death in our culture of unhappiness.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Once again we have to go meta and realize that if you put Superman in a position where he HAS to murder to win, it sucks as a Superman story. It's nihilist Goyer bullshit. The guy who goes to the fortress of solitude to do physics , build super powered robots and build time machines should be able to think his way out of a code of not killing.

But whatever suck this movies dick guys. I am kinda done defending the Ideal of the best of humanity when everybody is bored of that. Instead lets be facinated that the biggest, smartest, fastest, strongest, unable to be checked guy is a shitty superhero, because everything since 84 has to be Grimdark and Sad. Because comics are ADULT NOW GUYS. Lets nitpick everything pure and good and fun to death in our culture of unhappiness.
Simmer the fuck down nerd. All I'm saying is if they were going to go grimdark, they should have just gone full grimdark instead of stopping halfway. I'm fine with all the collateral destruction but I agree killing off Zod was kinda weak.

radditsu

Simmer the fuck down nerd. All I'm saying is if they were going to go grimdark, they should have just gone full grimdark instead of stopping halfway. I'm fine with all the collateral destruction but I agree killing off Zod was kinda weak.
Tired of grimdark sooo much dude.

radditsu

Although honestly, the "good guy" vs "bad guy" ratio for Kryptonians is not very good.
Jor-el has always been kind of a dick too. The typical representation of the kryptonians were always sterile and ...in a way.... Sociopathic now that I think about it. Zod is usually portrayed as a fiery outlier war general. Hmm.