Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sounds like they are sort of trying to do a Dark Knight Returns-esque thing. Not necessarily bad and likely something Affleck can reasonably pull off, but if he does it is just going to magnify how bad Cavell and pretzel girl are.

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
I've learned to reserve judgement on casting after I claimed Heath Ledger was going to suck as The Joker. lol

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Confirmed I guess?Dwayne movie | The Verge

Not for this movie, but this is kind of the catch-all DC thread, so close enough.

EDIT: Since the link didn't parse down to something useful, here's the article
With all of Dwayne Johnson's teasing as of late, you'd have thought he was playing Shazam himself. But this morning, Johnson confirmed via tweet that he'll be playing Black Adam in DC Comics' upcoming Shazam movie, who in the comics was originally a villain before becoming more of an antihero in recent years (Johnson more or less confirmed the latter interpretation via hashtag). According to Variety, Darren Lemke (Jack the Giant Slayer, Goosebumps) is penning the script. No news on who will play Shazam himself, but why not Dwayne Johnson as well? And also Dwayne Johnson as the love interest. And maybe write in a B plot about the Scorpion King and fanny packs for good measure.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's a huge mistake to announce the casting of The Rock as Black Adam before announcing the casting of Shazam himself.

To me it's sounds like it will be a star vehicle for The Rock, not for whoever plays Shazam.

Unless they plan on having him in all Shazam movies, or become a big bad for the DC Movie Universe, they'll have trouble selling a Shazam movie without him. Unless they manage an insane casting for Shazam.

It's an excellent casting though.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I think it's a huge mistake to announce the casting of The Rock as Black Adam before announcing the casting of Shazam himself.

To me it's sounds like it will be a star vehicle for The Rock, not for whoever plays Shazam.

Unless they plan on having him in all Shazam movies, or become a big bad for the DC Movie Universe, they'll have trouble selling a Shazam movie without him. Unless they manage an insane casting for Shazam.

It's an excellent casting though.
Shia Labeouf is going to be Billy Bastion
biggrin.png

Caliane

Just have a Black Adam movie alone.

I find it fairly shocking there hasn't been a "villain" stand alone movie yet. A clear anti-hero like Black Adam could hold his own as the protagonist.

But aside from that, since it was previously all but confirmed. The Rock LOOKS like Black Adam, but does kindof also hit the personality of Shazam. He really could have played either, and no one would have complained. or both. seriously, have him do both. ha.

get the kid that voices Finn for Billy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ever since ww3, who would even like shazam? black adam is where all the action is. shazam/captain marvel is embarrassingly dumb. for those that don't know picture superman but dumb-er-er. well they can use the excuse he's "sometimes" a kid? but he's just dumb.

plus getting the rock as black adam is perfect physical casting and a perfect movie. he wasn't bad in that markie mark movie where he was a big ooaf, he doesn't do well in those revenge movie dramas.

but tell him to fake hit at the green screen, he's been doing that shit all his life!

hell that should just wipe this abortion of a superman v. batman movie and just make it superman v. shazam(but really black adam)
S.v.S.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
ever since ww3, who would even like shazam? black adam is where all the action is. shazam/captain marvel is embarrassingly dumb. for those that don't know picture superman but dumb-er-er. well they can use the excuse he's "sometimes" a kid? but he's just dumb.
That's a shame cause Captain Marvel has always been one of my favorite characters in the more recent animated series like JLA/U and Young Justice.

Except for the Flashpoint Captain Thunder with the 6 Shazam kids, my god that was a cringeworthy idea.

Caliane

Billy has come off poorly due to DC being dicks. he's always pushed to the side, or 1-uped by Superman.

I think he could work MUCH better in live action, then comics. where it does generally seem too idyllic, and hokey.
The idea is simple though.
rrr_img_75469.jpg

Bizarrely enough.. Millar nailed it. (Although generally suggests its a Superman tribute, when really.. its way more Captain Marvel.)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
thats like flashpoint version of the extended captain marvel family shit, cuz, captain marvel has to keep on giving his powers to ppl for god knows why.

plus shazam always has that stupid weakpoint, oh shazam! i turn into billy baston and i'm a weak dumb kid, wah.

you know who also did this shit? thor and that crippled doc, you know what marvel finally did? fuck you crippled doc, we just have thor and no hammer transform shit (we'll forget about female thor for now)

you know what they always try to do? OMG, whose that masked flying, buff guy, he's as strong as superman! wow, who could it be.

the worst is in kingdom come when he's just a retarded butler for luthor, cuz, he's just dumb and brainwashed, and i'm pretty sure he's the deux ex machina of that stupid book.

tldr:
shazam sucks, forget him, black adam is where it's at.

Caliane

yeah, writers having Billy use the lighting bolt as his MAIN attack is just fucking idiotic.
rrr_img_75475.jpg

Billy.. you were in space. how would have that even worked? Ganthet just saved your life..

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also Black Adam kills Flash and Green Lantern at the same time in the trailer for DCUO, which is pretty fucking amazing.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The best take on the character is actually the one in Kingdom Come. He is the one guy who can duke it out with superman and also the one person uniquely situated to judge the metahumans, since he is both mortal and godlike. The whole family of Shazam shit that went on is Wonder Twins level of gay, though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Also Black Adam kills Flash and Green Lantern at the same time in the trailer for DCUO, which is pretty fucking amazing.
Honestly, if they just made 90 minutes of that (the DCUO trailer, that is), I would pay $10 to see it without even viewing a single preview.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah, writers having Billy use the lighting bolt as his MAIN attack is just fucking idiotic.
rrr_img_75475.jpg

Billy.. you were in space. how would have that even worked? Ganthet just saved your life..
whats worse is, batman has been trying to come up with a plan to "get" superman for years in, in justice. batman has to basically sacrifice friends, civillians, and use the one human emotion superman has learned in all of this, regret, and regret manifests itself in the angriest bitch alive, black canary, (since superman off'd oliver) staring superman right in his face.

but no, earths mightiest, native superhero(as in from earth) is shush'd like a baby.