Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
you guys aren't understanding what I'm saying... The elevators drop you off on the top floor, on each side of the building directly ABOVE where the elevators drop you off ON THE TOP FLOOR there are two roofs with a roofless area in the middle. They were on top of BOTH ROOFS demolishing people on both sides where the elevators drop you off. Several times we got them down to 1 person and their last person alive hid behind the air conditioning unit until they could respawn. With no stairs to get to those two small roofs we could not clear them all the way out. The only way to get up there was when a blackhawk dropped them off.

EDIT: Here is a video showing what I'm talking about, right where the helicopter lands at the beginning of the video is the area(s) I'm talking about.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just can't get excited for these games anymore, all look and sound the same as the ones that came before it.

bayr_sl

shitlord
you guys aren't understanding what I'm saying... The elevators drop you off on the top floor, on each side of the building directly ABOVE where the elevators drop you off ON THE TOP FLOOR there are two roofs with a roofless area in the middle. They were on top of BOTH ROOFS demolishing people on both sides where the elevators drop you off. Several times we got them down to 1 person and their last person alive hid behind the air conditioning unit until they could respawn. With no stairs to get to those two small roofs we could not clear them all the way out. The only way to get up there was when a blackhawk dropped them off.

EDIT: Here is a video showing what I'm talking about, right where the helicopter lands at the beginning of the video is the area(s) I'm talking about.
There are 3 different sets of elevators. 2 on each side that go to the top floor, and another set of elevators near the back of the building that go straight to the roof, it's on the other side from where that helicopter landed

Sobaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is basically Battlefield 3.5. There just isn't enough new things. I see those who have played BF3 for a while as a casual, will lose interest quick in this one. In some respect they aren't even making an effort - how the hell are voice emotes still bound to Q and they work the same way? Just seems lazy. The fact that BF3 DLC is still full price is just disgusting.

Dashivax

N00b
how the hell are voice emotes still bound to Q and they work the same way? Just seems lazy.
Yeah it is lazy, but the only reason games make shit like that in the first place is for the console versions, they just throw it in on PC cause why not.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I feel less bad about it thanks to that deal that was floating around (gamefly if I recall...) its not as bad of a deal at under $50, but still more than it should be.

I'd say price it at $30-$40, call it an expac like they used to, but I think those days are long since gone. Why not charge $60 if people are willing to pay it?

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Hopefully they'll fix the C point once it's taken down, dying there 95% of the time due to getting stuck.
It's a mess once the building collapses.

The leaning feature is a pretty nice addition while kneeling behind cover, standing near corners not so much - feels clumsy.
Counterknifing is also great, although I think too easy (they have to shorten the window or make it more random).
Being able to use the pistol in the water doesn't seem that great to me, just knifing would have been enough.

Overall true, this should have been Battlefield 3 back then.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don't understand why I suck so hard at games like BF and COD. I used to be scary at counter strike back in the day, and I was literally one of the best on the planet in Tribes and Tribes 2 (played both competatively). I load up the beta to this the other day and immediately go 4 kills to like 14 deaths. There is something I am fundamentally not understanding about this kind of FPS... I can't even fucking see people let alone kill them. When I do get my crosshairs over somebody, I always seem to die first, even though there is no way I am missing. *shrug*

Column_sl

shitlord
There are 3 different sets of elevators. 2 on each side that go to the top floor, and another set of elevators near the back of the building that go straight to the roof, it's on the other side from where that helicopter landed
Where the fuck is this?? I just went into a match, and covered that whole building.

Can you be more specific then it's in the back

bayr_sl

shitlord
If you enter through the back of the building and there's a room directly on the right, they aren't in the main foyer.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't understand why I suck so hard at games like BF and COD. I used to be scary at counter strike back in the day, and I was literally one of the best on the planet in Tribes and Tribes 2 (played both competatively). I load up the beta to this the other day and immediately go 4 kills to like 14 deaths. There is something I am fundamentally not understanding about this kind of FPS... I can't even fucking see people let alone kill them. When I do get my crosshairs over somebody, I always seem to die first, even though there is no way I am missing. *shrug*
Few things, you can't just run out in the open like in classic fps games assuming your faster reflexes will carry the day. A lot of BF is about positioning and flanking. A majority of my kills come from situations where I have a massive advantage over the enemy due to being more mobile and setting the kill up. Most fights are decided before a bullet flies.

Also, bullets have travel time so you have to lead people. A lot of players from run and gun fps don't account for this.

Lastly, you are not a one man army, stay with your team.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
For the newer battlefield games it takes me about a week for my eyes to fully adjust to the new graphics. Enemy players models are much closer in detail to their surroundings so it throws me off for a bit. This makes it much harder to just run into a room and instantly identify enemy positions. In counterstrike I was always able to pick up enemy positions since their outline against the enviroment was so easy to pick up.

I wouldn't expect a 2:1 kd ratio until you get used to everything. Also i suggest "not fighting it" when it comes to meatgrinder spawn points. Just spawn somewhere else and work towards smaller fights.

Also if you were good at counterstrike you might really enjoy this playstyle at launch. I personally love it using DMR setups as well.

raysteinerz bf3 pub frag 4 sharpshooter on Vimeo

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Minimap Minimap Minimap. Gotta watch that thing. Can also start firing prior to ADS. Make an effort to head shot.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Minimap Minimap Minimap. Gotta watch that thing. Can also start firing prior to ADS. Make an effort to head shot.
Absolutely this. Especially with the battlemap if you got 2 monitors. You get spoiled with it cause you can check everything but focus your in-game minimap on closer threats.