Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watching a few twitch casts of this today... Some of the maps look great graphics-wise... Love the tropical one during a monsoon.

spronk

FPS noob
played for 3 hours straight, fucking insane. the solo campaign is awesome too, fucking OMAR IS YOUR SQUADMATE. How awesome is that shit!! Some of the maps are super claustrophobic, the prison one feels like a haunted house or something. easy, easy, easy $60 should be hundreds of hours of fun especially with MMOs all being complete shit right now and no great PS4 launch titles.

the battlescreen stuff is even more awesome than you can possibly imagine, I was able to send it to my Nexus 7 screen too. jesus

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
played for 3 hours straight, fucking insane. the solo campaign is awesome too, fucking OMAR IS YOUR SQUADMATE. How awesome is that shit!! Some of the maps are super claustrophobic, the prison one feels like a haunted house or something. easy, easy, easy $60 should be hundreds of hours of fun especially with MMOs all being complete shit right now and no great PS4 launch titles.

the battlescreen stuff is even more awesome than you can possibly imagine, I was able to send it to my Nexus 7 screen too. jesus
DAMN YOU. I can't afford this right now... But I want it so bad
frown.png
Especially after seeing that video for the Battlemap setup.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

PC or console version?

Menion_sl

shitlord

How did you send it to your tablet?

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I vpn'd my way into the game for a couple of hours this afternoon and all I can say is

WOW

This is the going to be the best game ever. Multi monitor plus mobile battle log is fucking awesome.

Never before in a shooter have I had to worry about players in every direction, worry about if my cover is going to get blown up, have various ways to cap a flag (either above or below)

I only played a few hours and I'm hooked.

If you're a gamer who likes FPS, buy this game PERIOD

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
What is the name of the Commander App? I searched Battlefield 4 and Commander and did not see it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Reports are now out of a shit ton of rubber banding, server crashes, and map crashes. If you have not bought this yet, wait it out at least on PC until they iron out these issues. Fucking unplayable.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Reports are now out of a shit ton of rubber banding, server crashes, and map crashes. If you have not bought this yet, wait it out at least on PC until they iron out these issues. Fucking unplayable.
I played on a 64 man and had constant ping of 87 and no rubber banding. While the ping is much higher than I prefer it was well within tolerance for my playstyle.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
People probably forgot to turn their VPNs off. 400 ping bad CHING CHANG CHONG

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I played on a 64 man and had constant ping of 87 and no rubber banding. While the ping is much higher than I prefer it was well within tolerance for my playstyle.
The Something Awful Forums

Sorry for the cross post but this thread is complaining of campaign sound loops, campaign crashes, multiplayer lag crashing, battle logs not updating, vet packs but being rewarded properly... Cluster fuck.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
This game runs like dogshit. While my PC isn't all that hot (i7-920 @ 3.95 Ghz, two 5870's in crossfire with today's beta ati driver, 6 gigs of ram, and game on a wd velociraptor, with Win8 on an SSD), I have been going from 120 fps to sub 30 at 1920x1080 regardless of settings (from low to high). And it fluctuates from server to server and map to map. I have VPN turned off, choosing servers with sub 50 pings (internet is 60 down, 7 up), and even changed the network smoothing in game, and it still runs like dogshit - totally erratic. Hoping it's just the vpn issues with american servers, but not sure. Going to play SP until they figure out their game.

*Edit* Annnnddd...SP game just crashed, 5 minutes in!

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Got in a played, very impressed. I think it's a lot better at launch then bf3 was. Destruction seems ratcheted up big time as well.

Didn't get any veteran unlocks, but I didn't really fiddle around with it too much.