Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is there any reason at all to use PDW's over carbines when playing engineer?
As Mist mentioned, the UMP-45 is tits. The UMP-9 has a noticeably higher rate of fire and is particularly accurate and as a result, versatile. I dome kids all day with the latter.

Also, the JS2 / CZ are great up-on-your-tits CQC weapons given the fact that they have rather high rates of fire compared to most of the more popular weapons around right now. The JS2 is like a more accurate P90, and it also boasts a 51 round magazine.

As for sniping pilots out of helicopters like others have mentioned; it's certainly more difficult in BF4 than it was in BF3 due to the hit registration errors and the way leads are working now, which vary significantly from one sniper rifle to another. The ranges at which you're expected to accomplish said shots is also increased, especially on maps like Golmud, but it is possible. On many of these maps, there are areas where you can acquire a clear LoS to the spawn point, so it's just a matter of getting the distance correct and you'll have no problem taking out attack chopper pilots as they spawn in. Did this a few times the other night on Golmud, and it was hilarious. Otherwise it's best to have elevation or cover on your side if you're taking on a chopper mid-flight, as well as a thorough understanding of the lead times you'll need to employ in order to start landing hits.

Edit: Lol also at the G18 in this game. So beast in maps like Locker, yet I could teach a chimp to use it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
What setup are people playing as assault? I just started playing one, and I RARELY see people using the defibs, so I swapped over. The 20 points for a defib is fuckin silly if you ask me. I do it because I want to win, which is probably the furthest thing from peoples minds at this time.

What gun and perk are people using as assault primarily?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So have they addressed the hit detection errors as an issue? I want to get this but that and the massive CTD/other bugs are keeping me away.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hit detection is about a thousand times better than bf3 so I don't get what the crying is about. If you see someone in your face and you both start shooting, you both die. in BF3, same scenario, you die and the guy you pumped 10 bullets into never actually took damage. In BF3, if you turn and start shooting someone in the face, he'll be invulnerable because he's actually stabbing you in the back with his knife. In BF4, you'll counter knife him. Yes, the magic around the corner bullets still exist. Don't like it? Invent a better internet. Don't like people getting shots off before they even seem to appear on your screen? Turn net smoothing to 0 and deal with the jerking and skipping instead. It will never be perfect.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Hit detection is about a thousand times better than bf3 so I don't get what the crying is about. If you see someone in your face and you both start shooting, you both die. in BF3, same scenario, you die and the guy you pumped 10 bullets into never actually took damage. In BF3, if you turn and start shooting someone in the face, he'll be invulnerable because he's actually stabbing you in the back with his knife. In BF4, you'll counter knife him. Yes, the magic around the corner bullets still exist. Don't like it? Invent a better internet. Don't like people getting shots off before they even seem to appear on your screen? Turn net smoothing to 0 and deal with the jerking and skipping instead. It will never be perfect.
See, I don't ever recall any hit detection issues in BF3 and I played it pretty extensively for awhile.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
From a strictly recon POV leading in bf4 is much more difficult. Also it seems to be a bit more difficult to do long range work. I had a 940m kill in bf3 and the best I have been able to do in 4 is 740 or so. Had a long range duel with some one on parcel storm. Other guy was at the ship with aa gun and I was on far island on opposite side of map. I think we both ran out of ammo before we even hit each other. I was using the 14x scope (which doesn't even come close to doubling IMO) I guess I just need to use the 40x scope.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are some minor hit detection issues. I will see the hit animation on an enemy, (Ill see them wince and hear them make a sound) but when they kill me, I see their health at 100%.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
What setup are people playing as assault? I just started playing one, and I RARELY see people using the defibs, so I swapped over. The 20 points for a defib is fuckin silly if you ask me. I do it because I want to win, which is probably the furthest thing from peoples minds at this time.

If you hold down the mouse button for a time and then let go on the person you want to rez, they will rez with more health and you get more points. They added a charge mechanic to the paddles.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are some minor hit detection issues. I will see the hit animation on an enemy, (Ill see them wince and hear them make a sound) but when they kill me, I see their health at 100%.
That is a display error, not hit detection. It has happen to me but when my killer died I received 34 points for kill assist.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm

Playing with friends I'll run with the ACE 23 (MB / Ergo / Laser) with a G18 (MB) + Defib / Med Kit. Defensive Perk.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord

AEK-971 pretty stock atm no real unlocks yet P226(silencer,ghostrings,3point laserthingy) want the last battlepack before switching, defib. medic bag and defender

the AEK-971?s RoF is silly op in maps like locker

Dashivax

N00b

The defib is worth 20 points now because they made other changes that most people haven't noticed yet. You can charge up the paddles now, the reason you get 20 points is because you are rezzing them at 20% health, the longer you charge up the more health you rez at and the more points it is worth. Also you get points for healing people, drop a medkit on someone you just rezzed at 20% health and you will get the other 80 points from healing.

The aoe medkit you unlock later is borderline retarded for points.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Do you have to repeat the whole campaign to get the unlocks / achievements from the different choices at the end? I tried repeating just the last mission but they didn't unlock for me.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
Do you have to repeat the whole campaign to get the unlocks / achievements from the different choices at the end? I tried repeating just the last mission but they didn't unlock for me.
I got all 3 by just repeating the last mission. The guns didnt immediately show as being unlocked though. I checked my loadout screen after finishing and they were still locked, but after a game or two they became available.

Fadaar

That guy
I have yet to start playing engineer so I need to do the last mission a 3rd time to get the P90. Been playing a lot of sneaky recon (DMR w/ suppressor etc) and assault.

Bellicose_sl

shitlord
Server disconnects and crashes all day gotta love losing half a level of Progress, while you lose 30min off your last 100% exp booster
mad.png

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
So have they addressed the hit detection errors as an issue? I want to get this but that and the massive CTD/other bugs are keeping me away.
Same here. I am also waiting for black Friday to hopefully get it half off.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Server disconnects and crashes all day gotta love losing half a level of Progress, while you lose 30min off your last 100% exp booster
mad.png
Why I'm not using any of my boosters yet, until I can at least play a decent block without crashing/freezing/dcing once.