Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Get a good vehicle crew and play nothing but conquest is the answer you are looking for.
Sure, if you purely vehicle whore it's not difficult whatsoever, but vehicle kills only account for around a third of my total kills. Playing with people like Slaughter (#1 AA worldwide) helps to put things in perspective, ha.

Edit: Just realized I've seen you with me on some of the Houston leaderboards, lol.

spronk

FPS noob
so everyone onBattlefield 4is talking about some megalodon shark easter egg on paracel storm, anyone know what they are talking about (too lazy to dig through all the posts)

edit you can unlock a easter egg assignment, click on leaderboards, the little hidden skull at the bottom left of the screen, and when you get to the crazy unix screens the password is bumpinthenight (which apparently is encoded in braile on a statue on one of the new china rising maps). people are speculating megalodon shark because bumpinthenight is a chapter name in a thriller novel about... megalodon sharks.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Dragon Pass stalemates, zzz. The middle objectives suck - all of the cover is quickly obliterated, which leads to sniper fests and a huge open no mans land between objectives that even tanks can't cross. I wound up planting a mortar at C or D and getting 25 kills with it on all of the people sniping behind rocks. The mortar has become my favorite tool for free kills on recon campers.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
so everyone onBattlefield 4is talking about some megalodon shark easter egg on paracel storm, anyone know what they are talking about (too lazy to dig through all the posts)

edit you can unlock a easter egg assignment, click on leaderboards, the little hidden skull at the bottom left of the screen, and when you get to the crazy unix screens the password is bumpinthenight (which apparently is encoded in braile on a statue on one of the new china rising maps). people are speculating megalodon shark because bumpinthenight is a chapter name in a thriller novel about... megalodon sharks.
Requires premium.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meant to ask earlier. Have any of you had any luck with and android emu to run the ps4 commander? Current combo/laptop would be so much better than the old ipad2.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh those drones are on every map now. Had some guy just 2 shot my LAV with them just by running into it twice, oh and he was just sitting in his spawn.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
A community dev finally got back to me. It seems consoles getting a windows 8 commander option, or even a smart phone (not tablet) option is bottom of the priorities with all the other problems they are trying to sort.

Seems there is a ram problem trying to run the android version through an android tablet emulator on windows 8. That's the only thing I've tried that's unofficial.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I just went 26-15 on team deathmatch and we still lost, how can 9 people combined not get 75 fucking kills. Some bad players in this game. Stop camping, you won't get any better for the love of fuck.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Skill is some strange, magical formula involving score per minute and kills/deaths weighted by your opponents rank (skill?), and maybe kills per minute. Of course, DICE won't say specifically so it's a fucking mystery.

Most stats are simply a function of time played, except for Skill, SPM, K/D, KPM. But those stats are highly subject to the game mode that you play or even the class that you are using, plus simple blind luck at getting a team that isn't getting shitstomped. But despite all the threads asking for it, you still can't break down your stats by game type, making them all mostly useless.

For example, my xbro plays squad dm with two of his friends. And when I say he plays squad dm, I don't mean he prefers squad dm. I mean its the only fucking mode he has ever played in the entire two years he has been playing battlefield. He is obsessive about comparing his stats to mine and others, and I do try to point out that it's like comparing his RBI to my field goal percentage. Goes right over his head.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
All I know about Skill is that it's highly weighted towards the present. Go 50-20 a couple matches in a row and your skill rating will skyrocket.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it's not a cumulative thing. Spend a match in the attack boat and watch the "skill" leap up. Because when I think skill, I think of attack boats. I'm sure the guy I saw go 30-0 with nothing but UCAV kills was rewarded with a goodly amount of "skill" as well.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm a fucking god on that new desert map. Funny because it's the only map where you can actually see shit.