Battlefield V

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
People are crying about historical accuracy in *this* series? Seriously? I think we sailed past that a long time ago...

• 2Salty
  • 1Worf
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 5 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
People are crying about historical accuracy in *this* series? Seriously? I think we sailed past that a long time ago...
]

Yah you could always do stupid shit. But it wasn't an intuitive part of the game (tank cannons anyone?) and it surely wasn't in their launch trailer with Femheart the cyborg and her merry band of fortnight rejects. Ironically the nazi cosmetics looked kinda cool when you contrast them to "being on the right side of history" if the right side of history is an anachronistic woman wielding a cricket bat and firing an automatic weapon with a 40's era replacement limb. This would have been fine as a BC2 game and pushed a little further in to the future. As a mainline Battlefield game where the devs have for the most part respected historical accuracy as long as game play wasn't negatively impacted this is a wee bit of an overreach.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Everysingle person who is into the whole csgo/pubg/fortnite retarded asethitics of neon skins and stupid as fuck character design need to be banned from gaming.

You people are ruining gaming.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Everysingle person who is into the whole csgo/pubg/fortnite retarded asethitics of neon skins and stupid as fuck character design need to be banned from gaming.

In the larger sense, I definitely agree. Ever since we started getting pink plaid gun camo in games it's been a steady downhill slide.

khorum

Murder Apologist
On the bright side we're only a few years from circling back to some bean-counter dashing into a publisher board-meeting and saying "Eureka!! We can just put ALL the cosmetics in a box and---get this---sell it all up front for FIFTY BUCKS!"

• 4Worf
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Aren't csgo and pubg more realistic than fortnite? or am I missing something here?

Personally I've always been a fan of stylized/cartoony graphics and never liked extreme realism. I grew up on Nintendo & Sega -- Mario & Sonic. And then played a shitload of EverQuest which was very stylized and the new graphics & EQ2 were shit when they tried to become more realistic.

I don't want to play "realistic" games, that's what RL is for.

But maybe I'm missing your point.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Aren't csgo and pubg more realistic than fortnite? or am I missing something here?

Personally I've always been a fan of stylized/cartoony graphics and never liked extreme realism. I grew up on Nintendo & Sega -- Mario & Sonic. And then played a shitload of EverQuest which was very stylized and the new graphics & EQ2 were shit when they tried to become more realistic.

I don't want to play "realistic" games, that's what RL is for.

But maybe I'm missing your point.

Think his point was referencing the skin collections. Not realistic graphics. So the CSGO gun skins, the pubg clothing and gun skins, the fortnite skins etc. in that regard.

On another note. I do think it's silly how up-in-arms people are getting about the prosthetic/android arm on a female character thing. Yes, clearly BF5 is going off on the rails, and definitely trying to pull a CoD. But, I never once thought 'I play BF for the historical accuracy' -- Especially because you know, BF4(or was that 3?) and knocking down Chinese skyscrapers as US soldiers etc. is totally accurate when you look at the history of it.

Only way they were ever historically accurate to me was simply their location names and gun/vehicles at best.

I feel their choice to do the female character wasn't some SJW, kill/subjugate all men aggressive statement but just them being inclusive of the gender in general. She still got her ass beat once she walked in the door and showed up later. Think its simply more just appealing to the growing female player base who may not always want to play a guy. And the closet homosexuals who say futa's aren't gay and choose female characters and claim it's so they don't have to stare at a dude's ass when they play, or use the excuse that there's less pixels, therefore smaller hitbox.

Hell I remember a dude in EQ who played female characters, using these excuses, ironically claimed he hated guys hitting on him and would act fairly anti-gay. Turned out he was "bi" later in life. For all I know he pulled a Jerle.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
True. But it all happened so luckily for us. Rearming on the decks, and all four carriers being destroyed. I don’t think people think about the loss that was for the Japs. Midway was midway. The island was going to be used as a staging point for invasion, sure, but the real deal were those carriers. It was a turning point because they lost major naval air support in that battle. Had we not done that, I can assure you we would all be speaking Japanese right now.

Just my thoughts in it anyway. :)
That would have been entirely unlikely even if they got lucky and won at Midway. Japan had no capability of maintaining a supply chain to support an invasion of the mainland.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Think his point was referencing the skin collections. Not realistic graphics. So the CSGO gun skins, the pubg clothing and gun skins, the fortnite skins etc. in that regard.

Oh.. ok, well every game does skins though. And it certainly didn't start with the games mentioned. What about League, Dota, Overwatch, Hots, etc?

I'm still confused what qualifies as "neon skins and stupid as fuck character design". For the most part csgo/pubg/fortnite all have well done character designs. It's a basic human model, nothing too outlandish imo. Fortnite is a bit more colorful/stylized, also more conservative. You don't see any scantily clad women, for example.

Whereas the fantasy tropes seem to always have big breasted scantily clad armored females.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That would have been entirely unlikely even if they got lucky and won at Midway. Japan had no capability of maintaining a supply chain to support an invasion of the mainland.

We didn't either. (For Tokyo) Which is why island hopping was so important. I am pretty sure if they took Midway and rallied to victory and slammed our remaining carriers (Remember, at the time we had Yorktown (Lost at Midway) Enterprise and Hornet as really our only built from the ground up attack force carriers (Ranger, Lexington, Saratoga were all coverted Battle Cruisers, Long Island was a jeep carrier- Lexington was lost at Coral Sea anyway) and the Wasp was out in Guadecanel. Had we lost Hornet and Enterprise and not taken out Soryu, Hiryu, Akagi and Kaga, we would have been crippled in the open sea without air cover aside from main base islands we were already losing at an alarming pace, effectively unable to wage war outside our coastlines - and most likely would have been forced to move into a defensive posture and wait for our industry. 6 months time would have easily been enough to invade and conquer Hawaii, and stage landings from there on the west coast.

And the only two reasons that didn't happen was blind luck. 1) We cracked their code and sent out a spoof message about Midway's water filteration system needing a repair (And the Japanese bought it and we confirmed their code for Midway) and 2) A Japanese scout plane's radio went out and they couldn't signal in time, leaving them sitting ducks with armament scattered all over their flight decks.

It really is a once in a life time thank God moment there.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
PS I think this thread and discussing WW2 is going to be way better than the game itself.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
PS I think this thread and discussing WW2 is going to be way better than the game itself.

The mechanics sound really interesting and people like JackFrags got to see actual gameplay and doesn't understand why they didn't show that because it looks like it requires a lot of teamwork this go around. I'm still skeptical but curious to see how it goes.

They are also considering adding a checkbox to turn off all the skins if you don't want to see them and only want to see WW2 era skins.

We will see how it goes.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've got my skin ready for BFV.

1527788632070.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 6 users

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
We didn't either. (For Tokyo) Which is why island hopping was so important. I am pretty sure if they took Midway and rallied to victory and slammed our remaining carriers (Remember, at the time we had Yorktown (Lost at Midway) Enterprise and Hornet as really our only built from the ground up attack force carriers (Ranger, Lexington, Saratoga were all coverted Battle Cruisers, Long Island was a jeep carrier- Lexington was lost at Coral Sea anyway) and the Wasp was out in Guadecanel. Had we lost Hornet and Enterprise and not taken out Soryu, Hiryu, Akagi and Kaga, we would have been crippled in the open sea without air cover aside from main base islands we were already losing at an alarming pace, effectively unable to wage war outside our coastlines - and most likely would have been forced to move into a defensive posture and wait for our industry. 6 months time would have easily been enough to invade and conquer Hawaii, and stage landings from there on the west coast.

And the only two reasons that didn't happen was blind luck. 1) We cracked their code and sent out a spoof message about Midway's water filteration system needing a repair (And the Japanese bought it and we confirmed their code for Midway) and 2) A Japanese scout plane's radio went out and they couldn't signal in time, leaving them sitting ducks with armament scattered all over their flight decks.

It really is a once in a life time thank God moment there.
If you ignore the naval battle for a moment. The Japanese officers disagreed on whether they'd be able to keep Midway resupplied even if they were able to take the island during the landings. The landing force was a mix of army and naval infantry that had never trained together. Plus the island was heavily fortified and the defensive strategy wouldn't have been nearly as inept as MacArthur's handling of the Phillipines. So if they took Midway, they weren't going to magically extend their already stretched supply lines to Hawaii, then the mainland US, and support a landing force capable of holding anything within six months.

Back to the scenario of losing the naval battle. If the US lost the battle of Midway it would have just created a protracted war since the Solomon Islands would have most likely been lost . By about September 1943 our carrier fleet would have been relatively on par with the Japanese. From then it would have just been a matter of the US economy grinding them down in the same fashion as what happened in real life. We wouldn't have been speaking Japanese.

The Wasp wasn't transferred to the Pacific until after Midway.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I don't get why the historical accuracy aspect is the battleground here.

I'm just tired of seeing the same fucking thing in every game lately. Women and Men don't have to be equally represented in everything. Trannies don't need to be shoehorned into every story. Diversity of skin color doesn't need to be a rainbow in every game. Gay romance options don't need to be in every game. It's just fucking boring, and only becomes aggravating when the dialogue gets preachy or complaints are met with SJW backlash.

Every youtuber starting their videos with "HEY GUYSH, SATINBUTTHOLE77 HERE WITH ANOTHER VIDEO....." is annoying for the exact same reason. Get a new fucking shtick already, you unoriginal trannycunt chinkfags.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea think of what gaming was like back in 2004. World of Warcraft had just came out, Grand Theft Auto San Andreas dropped, forever changing the landscape of video games.

I'll never forget shooting a prostitute in the head with my Caucasian protagonist before stealing the car of a black person, and was blown away when I heard they were listening to actual gangsta rap as a I drove off, mowing down a pedestrian while feeling the adrenaline from getting that 3rd star while you hear those sirens.

Star Wars KOTOR 2 came out that year as well, with a handful of other awesome titles. It was a simpler time, where npc's could call you a retard and people were still using gay slurs every other sentence.

Now everything is fucking PC or watered down or overdiversified, or just fucking BAD.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users