Battlefield V

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In 1942 planes would land all the time, as the hanger repaired and reloaded you. iirc planes had 1000 rounds of mg ammo and 15 bombs?

A small scale 16 or 32 player battle royal with vehicles could be fun. If its just a carbon copy of 64 or 128 players like fortnight/pubg EA is fucking retarded are going to miss the point of BF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

If it wasn't a water map, usually I just landed my plane in the middle of nowhere and repaired it with the engineer class. Hangers made you super vulnerable. But in 42, you didnt even have to land to rearm the plane. If you flew low enough to the ground/flightdeck and slow enough, you could 100% rearm no problem.

Small scale battle royale misses the point of that kind of mode. If you get too low, you're really not that different from a game of Counter Strike or other single elim shooter.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If it wasn't a water map, usually I just landed my plane in the middle of nowhere and repaired it with the engineer class. Hangers made you super vulnerable. But in 42, you didnt even have to land to rearm the plane. If you flew low enough to the ground/flightdeck and slow enough, you could 100% rearm no problem.

Small scale battle royale misses the point of that kind of mode. If you get too low, you're really not that different from a game of Counter Strike or other single elim shooter.

I kinda assume no big vehicles in battle royal, just transport bikes / jeeps ect.

Cybsled

You could make big vehicles a special drop, like care packages in Pubg/Fortnite, with limited ammo. Trade off is while the vehicle is powerful, you're basically advertising your whereabouts to the entire game and effective management of your resources will be needed even more than normal.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I am getting interested now. Coming right out of the gate with like 5 wildly different and interesting multiplayer game modes is just good business.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah it's really shaping up. The 3D spotting and limited ammo on vehicles has me fully torqued. I'm ready to check out the beta.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's really shaping up. The 3D spotting and limited ammo on vehicles has me fully torqued. I'm ready to check out the beta.

Yea, beta will decide for me.

Ammo, weapon, grenade, spotting changes I like.

Not liking the Final stand, larger headshot hitbox, jump shooting, and shooting nades. Oh and suppression sounds even more useless.

Also hope I can turn down the scaring the down women do, that shit was loud from a video I watched.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Is that why he has a good zoom on a rifle that seems to have low recoil? Make it so all the bad snipers MIGHT do something useful?

Seems like snipers are the only way to 3D spot now so they'll be important, but if you want to win opreations you're going to need a medic to revive/heal and a support tossing down ammo or you're gonna get rolled on defense.

Looked like a mini 14? I couldn't really tell, those don't have a ton of recoil.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Seems like snipers are the only way to 3D spot now so they'll be important, but if you want to win opreations you're going to need a medic to revive/heal and a support tossing down ammo or you're gonna get rolled on defense.

Looked like a mini 14? I couldn't really tell, those don't have a ton of recoil.

I'm loving the supports extra fortification aspects a lot, sounds like they will also be pretty important. Just hope their weapons don't do shit damage like in BF1 and hope suppression isn't pointless.

spronk

FPS noob
so whats the verdict so far, is this a shit fest or might this be a good game. i guess wait for beta? I'm pretty sure i'll just end up waiting to play until early 2019, buy it when its half off on origin christmas sale or whatever since i pre ordered battlefield 1, played for like 6-8 hours and just never really got that much into it. it was a good game but it felt like bf4 reskinned instead of a different game really.

that origin $100 thing though is kinda interesting, if i sub to that right before battlefield v i'd get that game and Anthem a few months down the road for basically $100/yr. that isn't a bad deal, but what DLCs am i getting... early access?

Cybsled

Air Combat info. To reload, looks like midair "rings" are where you resupply, but they also give limited ammo per usage (so no one and done). Self-repair is limited in the field, to do full you need to go back to base. Stuka has the dive bomb sirens too ;)

• 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really like those changes, the AA gun damage seemed at a good spot too.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I -hated- the AA guns in BF1 as a pilot. They destroyed/fucked up planes way too fast.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Air Combat info. To reload, looks like midair "rings" are where you resupply, but they also give limited ammo per usage (so no one and done). Self-repair is limited in the field, to do full you need to go back to base. Stuka has the dive bomb sirens too ;)

Oh god, that's bringing back all kinds of sweet BF1942 memories. Map looks cool, planes look great. If they increase the amount of planes to include P-38s, I might have to get into this game.

It's early and all, but you just need more stuff: Tiger and panther tanks, Russian Yaks and MiGs, Japanese planes other than a Zero, British and American planes other than Spitfire and Mustang... MOARRRR